Assault weapon - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Assault weapon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Assault rifles not assault weapons.
Okay. Assault Rifle is a pejorative. Not a noun.

There are full auto, semi auto, and selective fire...bolt action, pump action, etc...but no "assault" ... it's no different than calling it a "Sport Utility Rifle"
Zoey Likes This 
Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #72
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

Okay. Assault Rifle is a pejorative. Not a noun.

There are full auto, semi auto, and selective fire...bolt action, pump action, etc...but no "assault" ... it's no different than calling it a "Sport Utility Rifle"
There are but you can think what you want.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

There are but you can think what you want.
I'll think what the definitions give me to think. Assault rifle is a pejorative. It's a made up term that is used by gun grabbers to incite horrible images in the minds of the idiot masses

Because if they called it anything else people would turn the other cheek

Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #74

Quote:

I'll think what the definitions give me to think. Assault rifle is a pejorative. It's a made up term that is used by gun grabbers to incite horrible images in the minds of the idiot masses

Because if they called it anything else people would turn the other cheek
I'm saying that full auto/ select fire rifles are called assault rifles, because they are not machine guns and they are not semi auto civilian rifles.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #75

Think of it like this:

This is a 1967 Ford Country Squire

Assault weapon - Legal and Activism

But most people call them "Grocery go-getters"

No company makes a "Grocery go-getter" vehicle. They make station wagons, SUVs, Sedans, etc, but no "Grocery Go-Getter"

Same thing applies to this situation...just because people call it an "assault rifle" doesn't make it so. There is absolutely ZERO DIFFERENCE between these two rifles other than aesthetics

Assault weapon - Legal and Activism

They are both Semi-Automatic. They both fire .223. They function 100% the exact same way. Yet one looks 'cool' and the other looks like a hunting rifle.

So one is labeled an "assault rifle" by people and one is not even though this is literally no difference, function wise, between the two what so ever.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-23-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #76

Quote:
Think of it like this:

This is a 1967 Ford Country Squire

But most people call them "Grocery go-getters"

No company makes a "Grocery go-getter" vehicle. They make station wagons, SUVs, Sedans, etc, but no "Grocery Go-Getter"

Same thing applies to this situation...just because people call it an "assault rifle" doesn't make it so. There is absolutely ZERO DIFFERENCE between these two rifles other than aesthetics

They are both Semi-Automatic. They both fire .223. They function 100% the exact same way. Yet one looks 'cool' and the other looks like a hunting rifle.

So one is labeled an "assault rifle" by people and one is not even though this is literally no difference, function wise, between the two what so ever.
I'm talking about FULL auto, like an M16.

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
I'm talking about FULL auto, like an M16.
That's fine. It's Full Auto, not grocery go getter or "Assault Rifle". It's a carbine, not "assault rifle"

Here's a little history on the term...

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt07/stg44-assault-rifle.html

It was a term coined by Adolf Hitler to describe a particular rifle, not a "Kind" of rifle. ANd it's a term today used by gun grabbers to paint fear in the minds of those who don't know what a firearm is, let alone ever fired one.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #78

Quote:

That's fine. It's Full Auto, not grocery go getter or "Assault Rifle". It's a carbine, not "assault rifle"

Here's a little history on the term...

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt07/stg44-assault-rifle.html

It was a term coined by Adolf Hitler to describe a particular rifle, not a "Kind" of rifle. ANd it's a term today used by gun grabbers to paint fear in the minds of those who don't know what a firearm is, let alone ever fired one.
I stand corrected.

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY