Assault weapon - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault weapon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

My AR has never assaulted anyone, its only shot at targets.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 08-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #42

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbailnick View Post
Another thing that bothers me is those who wish they new about guns talking guns with one who doesn't! I was chatting with friend at coffee place and the table next to us was idiot. He states in the conversation with another to it would seem that he new what he was talking about to one who has no idea? His quote "my body has a bunch of AK's and we can "shave" the firing pin down and make it semi-auto to full auto? Laughed so hard I coffee came out my nose and ears!..lol.
I would have turned around and asked him to prove it...lol

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #43

Liked 2505 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

The term "assault rifle" is obviously a

verbal tool of the antis.

If, for instance, you were to consider any

Mosin M44 made before 1945, it was used on the front

line, at the Eastern Front, in WWII, to storm Nazi trenches, and

retake what was left of the Russian towns and cities. With

Bayonet extended, and blasting away with rounds roughly

equivalent to the 30.06, and a steel buttplate on the stock,

this rifle was used to blast, stab and smash the Wehrmacht into

submission. But the antis consider this simply a

"bolt-action carbine, relic".(?????????????????)

HOKAY...

As stated previously, take someone new shooting. WE

have truth, reality, and self-empowerment on our side.

The antis merely have propaganda, hysteria, and the fog and

stench of lies.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #44

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

The National Firearms Act, and Hughes Amendment continues to infringe our 2nd Amendment to protect the people against global and domestic tyranny.

The National Firearms Act was put into place over one law abiding citizen using a machine gun in a criminal act.

My Colt M4 with a Trijicon Acog should be select fire along with the other thousands of Colt's our American troops carry oversees.

Repeal the Hughes Amendment!!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #45
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6141 Times on 3042 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

In law, assault is a crime which involves causing a victim to apprehend violence. (Wiki).

If thats the case, no weapon is An Assault weapon unless its used in a crime and that leads to every weapon being an assault weapon if it is used in a crime.

Its really a stupid term. A classification that gives both an action and an object but doesnt describe either with any accuracy.

So I really could support the actual activity of attacking someone illegally with any type of weapon being illegal but it already is illegal to do that so whats the point! These types of laws are extensions of ones like being forced to have your vehicle inspected; no sticker, you are breaking the law, pay the fine, no matter if your driving a brand new car or an old piece of junk. You and your car are illegal because you didnt pay to get a sticker, not because it caused damage or was proven to be a hazardous device.

This is like the Cellphone Texting Laws, just money makers! After all, we already had distracted driving laws, they just arent as easy to give as dispensing toilet paper. The Government cares not if intent, cause or outcome are negative, just ban something then collect big bucks prosecuting crimes committed against a law not for attacking people.

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 08-11-2012 at 11:17 AM.
People Like This 
Old 08-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5752 Times on 3253 Posts
Likes Given: 5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
The National Firearms Act, and Hughes Amendment continues to infringe our 2nd Amendment to protect the people against global and domestic tyranny.

The National Firearms Act was put into place over one law abiding citizen using a machine gun in a criminal act.

My Colt M4 with a Trijicon Acog should be select fire along with the other thousands of Colt's our American troops carry oversees.

Repeal the Hughes Amendment!!
Zoey, the nineteen thirties case that Roosevelt used to get the NFA passed wasn't even a machine gun, it was a sawed off shotgun. But back then, just like today, if it LOOKS evil, then to liberals, by God, it ISevil

There have been nutcases around since Adam and Eve came out of the garden.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 08-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #47

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

What I have read in gunsmithing books is that the definition of a assault rifle is a rifle with the ability to fire in both semi-automatic and automatic. But if you think about it, "assault weapon" isn't a real thing, just a liberal gimmick to make rifles like the AR-15 seem like a mass murder machine.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #48
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFerree View Post
What I have read in gunsmithing books is that the definition of a assault rifle is a rifle with the ability to fire in both semi-automatic and automatic. But if you think about it, "assault weapon" isn't a real thing, just a liberal gimmick to make rifles like the AR-15 seem like a mass murder machine.
assault weapon or assault rifle is a term made up by the media and gun hating politiciacians to paint certain types of military looking rifles as evil. they try to imply that we mere citizens are owning and shooting the same type of fully auto firearms as the military! we wish we had such luck! it's hogwash and propaganda, nothing more. two terms that i absolutely hate are assault rifle and sniper rifle! just because a rifle wears a scope doesn't make it a sniper rifle and any firearm used to assault another person, IMO is an assault weapon.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #49
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

When you use the ACTUAL name for a semi-auto rifle, CIVILIAN RIFLE, it doesn't sound so bad, hence the birth of the name assault weapon.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5752 Times on 3253 Posts
Likes Given: 5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFerree View Post
Uhhhh.... IIRC, my military history, the first use of the term "assault rifle" was by the Soviet Red Army to describe the original, and " utterly miraculous" AK-47.

They desparetely needed to have a term to differentiate it from the German SturmGewehr (Storm rifle) so they could pretend that they actually had an original idea.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 08-22-2012 at 09:59 PM.