Assault weapon - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault weapon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 379 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Josh, i like how you think! you are much more capable with words than i am, but your viewpoint mirror mine a lot.
I agree! I look forward to his posts. Brilliance comes to mind. I wish I could explain my thoughts Like him and bkt.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

People Like This 
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #22

Liked 3739 Times on 1827 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

folks like Josh, axxxe, bkt, cane and c3 and a few others really do inspire me to pay attention more and read more. To be more self aware and educated on the topics at hand, and history.

But then I start thinking about boobies .... wait, did someone say boobies

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #23

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Thanks guys!

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7025 Times on 3889 Posts
Likes Given: 6763

The term assault rifle, originated with the Russians, IIRC.

The Germans developed something csalled a Sturmgrwehr or "storm rifle." The Russians copied it and called it assault rifle.

The term seems to have stuck. Military trainers today commonly refer to the AK and AR series of weapons as assault rifles, to differentiate them from so-called "battle rifles.".

The term is not going to go away. We need to get the public to understand the military definition, and the difference between an AR and an M-16 type rifle.

But remember, from WW1 to the Vietnam era, 1911 type pistols were commonly called "army forty five automatics," even though they aren't automatics.

Terminology, once accepted by the public is damned hard to change.

Example: look how many folks still refer to the 20MM automatic cannon on fighter jets as "machine guns." Or look at all of the people that call SMGs like the UZI "machine guns."

I once had an elderly retired marine on the range refer to my M70 Winchester .30-06 Featherweight as a "sniper weapon" because it had a scope on it.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #25

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord,make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it."
-Voltaire [François Marie Arouet] (1694-1778)
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%
People Like This 
Old 08-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #26

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord,make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it."
-Voltaire [François Marie Arouet] (1694-1778)
Im gonna remember this one, thanks!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #27

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly View Post
How true it is that most people don't now what an "Assault Weapon" really is. I didn't until joining a couple forums. 95% of my gun experience is handguns as I grew up in LA, lived in Manhattan, Miami, Hoboken and Key West. We didn't have much of a need for rifles in those areas. What America needs is more gun education and less gun control.

I could assault a person with an ink pen which would make it a weapon. Is my pen now an "Assault Weapon"?
That's not true I grew up in Miami and we could have used an AR to shoot back They had MAC-10s and Tec-9s back then

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #28

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

Thats one of the things the media in this country lies about!.Assult weapons were baned years ago!,and the ones we have today are just look alikes thats all.A real Assult weapon can fire a single shot,semi auto and full auto but they dont care about the defention.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #29

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Why do I need an assault rifle?

1-"Hi, how are you doing. (shake hands) How are you enjoying

your visit to America?
What kind of freedoms do you have in

your country?

2-"Because the next revolution won't be fought with muskets."

Pick one.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #30

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I really think that if some government leaches ban or restricts any firearms or ammo for private ownership or use then all government agencies should have to adhear to the same law. No hightcapisity mags for me none for them. It is simple.