Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > article on potential ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default article on potential ban

Seriously the situation is insane ! The politicians are the crazy ones now and they are TERRORIZING THE USA !

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-weighs-broad-gun-control-agenda-in-wake-of-newtown-shootings/2013/01/05/d281efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_print.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

"...that would ban the sale or manufacture of about 120 firearms, including semiautomatic rifles and military-style handguns..." Wtf is a military style handgun?

Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #3

I guess Obama and Quinn smoke the same pipe They have the same goofy wording of the law. Seriously This is all signs of a take over of citizens. I seriously can't see our public officials "police, national guard or soldiers" coming and just taking guns I would be ashamed if they did that !

If they do plan going door to door it could become a very ugly situation very fast. I just don't see people handing over anything at all.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #4

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Rank and File Cops should bs the ones calling BS on this and publically disagreeing there hand picked "supposed" leaders...after all, it's the Rank and File who's going to have to face the public if this crap get pushed through.

Personally, were I in Law Enforcent, I'd take the sane route and resign before becoming a martyr on the alter of liberalism...

...on the upside, those officer who chose to stay and "attempt" enforcement should have daily opportunities for "field promotions".

Attrition is a bitch fella's...

Tack

Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 AM   #5

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Police Chiefs will back this crusade. There will be billions of Federal dollars dumped into this project. Police and Mayors will have major funding and incredible control over the people.

You can read about this when the power of the German people was taken over by the Nazis. That all started with funding of National Health Care. It progressed from anti tobacco to gun control.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #6

The messed up part will be if they think you own a "assault rifle or military gun" and decide to just kick your door in and search WTF ! I am seriously thinking of selling off my ar's and buying a super nice cowboy lever action and a super nice bolt action rifle. and a good old 44 magnum revolver I doubt those will be banned. And since i am not the most athletic guy lately maybe sniping for protection is the way to go LOL

Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 AM   #7

When they regulated the the full autos in 1934 they used a tax. Everyone who had one had to pay a $200 dollar tax to keep the firearm. That was a lot of money in 1934.
Many of the leading Democrats want to do this with semi auto rifles today. I don't think it will be any kind of door to door confiscation. If you own a Browning P35 pistol with a shoulder stock you must buy a tax stamp to own it. That is one example under the SBR rules. The transfer stamp is a one time tax.
We don't know anything yet. Becareful about making moves this early in the fight. My concern at this time is the Republican Party is weak and running from the fire. If the Republicans fold we are in big trouble. The Democrats will move to a total Euro ban like England.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #8

Hope that republicans wake up ! because things could get very very nasty if they think of door to door collections ! it will not be friendly or peaceful many very angry people ! And I as many would loose respect for the people in military that are sworn in to protect us from ALL ENEMIES INCLUDING DOMESTIC !!! And this is a act of a enemy breaking our constitution !

Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #9

If Illinois gets their 80% ban then we will see how people react to handing guns in ! And I seriously don't see people lining up like a black friday sale to hand in their investments !

Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #10

eltoro, you make a good point. I can see Blue states used as test for the Final Solution. The Blue states with harsh gun control has people who are already conditioned for gun bans.