You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3440 Times on 2049 Posts
Likes Given: 2625

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
And about those Texas people!
Just kidding, I like Texas people; they are funny, sometimes on purpose.
why do birds fly over mississippi upside down?

there isn't even anything worth crapping on.......
People Like This 
Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #42

Liked 2225 Times on 1528 Posts
Likes Given: 820

It's almost universal, officers in big city police departments don't want an armed population. Officers in rural police departments want to arm citizens and train them to used their weapons. Of course their are exceptions but if you make that assumption automatically when you encounter a police officer on duty you will seldom be wrong.

Federal officers take so many tests before they are hired it's possible to hire officers that all have the "desired" mindset towards the rights of citizens.
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #43

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

All true but...

...no other profession can abuse the public with near impunity.

...and "bad apples" in any other job get passed over or fired.

The "broad brush" painting the LEO profession is in their hands and its not so much "broad" as it is "thin" and "blue".

Are there "honorable" officers... Sure... Until they witness misconduct or abuse and choose to look the other way.

The inconvenient truth is that we no longer have "Peace Officers"... That profession is dead. We now have "Law Enforcers" and an ounce of common sense should tell anyone that these "Enforcers" do NOT represent your "best interest".

I find it interesting the way so may gun people give a pass to this truth simply because they enjoy being in the presence of "benevolent authority".

Authorities who "share" my interest are welcome to do so as long as they recognize that their "authority" gets checked at the door... and that their badge means they have "twice" as much to prove as anyone else.

Tack
I probably should not respond because I am pretty hacked right now. If i go too far a mod will just have delete the post i guess.

But to tack AND all you other cop bashers on this stupid thread:

This is complete and total BULLSH**!!!! I haven't seen anything more broad, over reaching and COMPLETELY offensive and INACCURATE since I've been here! I pity your kids and any officer or official or ANYONE ELSE who has to deal with this kind of CRAPPY attitude towards the men and women who dedicate their lives to keep the peace. The men and women who will lay down their LIFE for yours.

I have lived my entire life around men and women in this HONORABLE PROFESSION and never known ONE who fits your description. Sure I've met men and women in my profession who have made mistakes and paid the price. They weren't the overbearing dishonest sleazebags you make them out to be either.

And as far as "honest" officers looking the other way, I'VE ARRESTED COWORKERS BEFORE for mistakes they made. So don't give me that BULL****!!!! When one of us messes up the entire SHIFT goes into a depression!

Cops get so upset when they mess up like that they've been known to commit suicide rather than face the coworkers and community they let down. Cops don't get special treatment except for maybe on a minor traffic violation. When we mess up we get THROWN UNDER THE BUS!

The men and women I work with deal with more BULLCRAP in a day than most people deal with in a lifetime. We pull dead babies out of cars and ditches. We put handcuffs on child predators. We spend hours in court or on our downtime writing reports that we never get paid for. We HATE taking people to jail as a rule. Unless its a piece of trash like a sexual predator or a child abuser. We only make arrests when it is absolutely necessary. We are willing to give people breaks. We don't abuse our authority, if anything we put up with MORE CRAP to avoid using it than we should.

Today's generation of cops are MORE polite and let MORE things go than they did 20 years ago.

People like YOU and the media LOVE dragging our profession through the DIRT every time ONE person made ONE bad choice. We don't represent ANYTHING that you claim we do.

I cannot believe that there is actually a person who would post something this IGNORANT AND INFLAMMATORY towards police on a public forum. It is absolutely infuriating!!!!!

And EVERY STREET COP I KNOW is a 2nd amendment advocate. The people who claim they aren't are either bleeding heart liberals or administrators pandering to the liberals in their area so they can get elected again.

The article that is listed here is also BULL****!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know of ANYBODY on the street who would agree.

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-01-2013 at 11:55 PM.
jgoertz Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #44

Liked 2225 Times on 1528 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I probably should not respond because I am pretty hacked right now. If i go too far a mod will just have delete the post i guess.

But to tack AND all you other cop bashers on this stupid thread:

This is complete and total BULLSH**!!!! I haven't seen anything more broad, over reaching and COMPLETELY offensive and INACCURATE since I've been here! I pity your kids and any officer or official or ANYONE ELSE who has to deal with this kind of CRAPPY attitude towards the men and women who dedicate their lives to keep the peace. The men and women who will lay down their LIFE for yours.

I have lived my entire life around men and women in this HONORABLE PROFESSION and never known ONE who fits your description. Sure I've met men and women in my profession who have made mistakes and paid the price. They weren't the overbearing dishonest sleazebags you make them out to be either.

And as far as "honest" officers looking the other way, I'VE ARRESTED COWORKERS BEFORE for mistakes they made. So don't give me that BULL****!!!! When one of us messes up the entire SHIFT goes into a depression!

Cops get so upset when they mess up like that they've been known to commit suicide rather than face the coworkers and community they let down. Cops don't get special treatment except for maybe on a minor traffic violation. When we mess up we get THROWN UNDER THE BUS!

The men and women I work with deal with more BULLCRAP in a day than most people deal with in a lifetime. We pull dead babies out of cars and ditches. We put handcuffs on child predators. We spend hours in court or on our downtime writing reports that we never get paid for. We HATE taking people to jail as a rule. Unless its a piece of trash like a sexual predator or a child abuser. We only make arrests when it is absolutely necessary. We are willing to give people breaks. We don't abuse our authority, if anything we put up with MORE CRAP to avoid using it than we should.

Today's generation of cops are MORE polite and let MORE things go than they did 20 years ago.

People like YOU and the media LOVE dragging our profession through the DIRT every time ONE person made ONE bad choice. We don't represent ANYTHING that you claim we do.

I cannot believe that there is actually a person who would post something this IGNORANT AND INFLAMMATORY towards police on a public forum. It is absolutely infuriating!!!!!

And EVERY STREET COP I KNOW is a 2nd amendment advocate. The people who claim they aren't are either bleeding heart liberals or administrators pandering to the liberals in their area so they can get elected again.

The article that is listed here is also BULL****!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know of ANYBODY on the street who would agree.
I have a hard time believing you are a full time peace officer. If you were a full time peace officer you would have heard all of this so much you would have canned replies that don't show your true feelings developed. Every officer has to have time off. Time to be a coach, time to be a family man, time to live.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #45

Liked 2453 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer

I have a hard time believing you are a full time peace officer. If you were a full time peace officer you would have heard all of this so much you would have canned replies that don't show your true feelings developed. Every officer has to have time off. Time to be a coach, time to be a family man, time to live.
Believe what you want. I have nothing to prove. I've been in law enforcement my entire adult life. I work full time for one of the largest agencies in my state. My pet peeve is cocky jerks who cop or GI bash on the Internet.

Just because I'm a cop doesn't mean I have to "not show my true feelings" on the Internet. That's one of the reasons I don't list my state or agency. So no one can report me if I blast them. I leave my canned responses at work, they don't do well at home. And I see no reason to filter my emotions here.

Not that its anyones business, but the ability to set aside my emotions at work, but pick them back up when I get home and live life like a "normal person" is what has saved my marriage from the abysmal divorce rate of my profession. It's taken some of my coworkers 3 marriages to figure that out, or to find someone willing to put up with a mean sarcastic robot for the rest of their lives.

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-02-2013 at 03:01 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3736 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy
...but if we protect law enforcement and military in such a manner, i would hope that others' professions and political affiliations deserve the same protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy
honestly, i agree. but i just don't understand why law enforcement/military seem to get a special protection from criticism which was kind of MY point.
People tend to give more respect and whatnot to LEOs and Military because they willingly signed up for a job knowing they might have to forfeit their lives at any given time. Especially with LEOs. IMO, they have the potential to face more dangerous stuff on a semi-normal basis than military do. Military have to deploy for their job to be very dangerous. And then, IMO, it becomes more dangerous than most cops' everyday jobs. As soon as they return to garrison, however, it mostly calms down.

Not only all that, but LEOs and military are in a position where they may have to take a life, and live with that for the rest of their lives.

You can't say teachers or Wal-mart greeters or lawyers or almost any other profession is exposed to that level of danger and risk in their every day job.

This, my friend, is why people do and SHOULD give LEOs and military serious respect.
People Like This 
Old 10-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #47
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3392 Times on 2294 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
hawkguy. Liberals suffer a loss of respect when they use any excuse to close decent. You may profess a left wing philosophy on the forum. That said you must expect strong discourse. Constitutionalism in America is attacked everyday by the Liberal press and leftest causes. The largest danger to the 2nd Amendment is the Teachers Union. The Leftest leader of that Union last week said all NRA members are condemned to "Hell" for their believes. That is some strong talk for some one wanting understanding.
Ok, I need to see that in print with a link so I can stop paying my nea dues.
BTW: my last 6 years teaching I was an asst. dean. The kids I'm my building were more afraid of me then their parents, Why? Because their P.O. Was on speed dial on my cell, along with the "at risk youth" officer of every pct. in manhattan.
I admit there are some teachers, police, heck prob. even sanitation workers who probably don't deserve a paycheck, much less one from a gov't agency, but please don't lump everyone in the same trash can. When I was still working my union said to vote billionaire Bloomy in again. Still didn't get a raise, In fact, I make more in take home now that I'm retired then I did working a full week...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 10-02-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1717 Posts
Likes Given: 1819

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
honestly, i agree. but i just don't understand why law enforcement/military seem to get a special protection from criticism which was kind of MY point.

what i think needs to be controlled is childish name calling and personal attacks....both are the last and sad attempt of someone who is losing an argument to try and regain control. it would be nice to interact on a forum of adults who behave as adults. and i think this is the case here with 90% of the posters 90% of the time....thus, why it is a very good forum.

ANY opinion spoken with RESPECT, i can RESPECT.....whether i agree or not.
Well maybe we (I have both a LE and military background) get more respect/protection than some say we deserve, but how many teachers and other professionals have died or been disabled while fighting for what this nations stands for.

Last edited by JimRau; 10-02-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1717 Posts
Likes Given: 1819

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
It's almost universal, officers in big city police departments don't want an armed population. Officers in rural police departments want to arm citizens and train them to used their weapons. Of course their are exceptions but if you make that assumption automatically when you encounter a police officer on duty you will seldom be wrong.

Federal officers take so many tests before they are hired it's possible to hire officers that all have the "desired" mindset towards the rights of citizens.
When they started using the psychological testing to replace GOOD background checks the LE profession went to heII in a handbasket, FAST!!!!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #50

Liked 5756 Times on 3368 Posts
Likes Given: 4889

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
People tend to give more respect and whatnot to LEOs and Military because they willingly signed up for a job knowing they might have to forfeit their lives at any given time. ...
Let's not forget the part about "willingly signed up". If it is too hard being a LEO, they need to look into other employment. They signed up for the danger and risk; it figures into their rate of pay and medical benefits; they accepted it as a part of their jobs and shouldn't harp on it or hide behind it as an excuse for cutting corners on the job.

Taking heat from the public is a part of the LEO job, just like sunburns and jellyfish are a part of the job of a beach lifeguard. Suck It Up or find a different job.
People Like This 
Closed Thread