Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5891 Times on 2916 Posts
Likes Given: 6252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Trying to use logical reasoning against the antis isn't going to do anything. I learned this many years ago.
This is the only justification needed, nothing else matters!

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

If they dont like it, move or change the BORs with a convention.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #22

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
We have an issue on site I would like to address.

Cops are human beings. They have diversity, differences in opinion, and are not mindless robots serving to make everyone's life hell.

FTF is not a platform to belittle them as a whole. No action makes the entire police force responsible. Are their bad cops? Sure, there are also bad fry cooks, bad accountants, bad janitors, bad financial advisers, etc. and they get the pleasure of not being lumped together for the poor actions of the minority.

Before anyone post a blanket statement about law enforcement (or fry cooks etc.) stop and give them the respect as human beings they deserve.
All true but...

...no other profession can abuse the public with near impunity.

...and "bad apples" in any other job get passed over or fired.

The "broad brush" painting the LEO profession is in their hands and its not so much "broad" as it is "thin" and "blue".

Are there "honorable" officers... Sure... Until they witness misconduct or abuse and choose to look the other way.

The inconvenient truth is that we no longer have "Peace Officers"... That profession is dead. We now have "Law Enforcers" and an ounce of common sense should tell anyone that these "Enforcers" do NOT represent your "best interest".

I find it interesting the way so may gun people give a pass to this truth simply because they enjoy being in the presence of "benevolent authority".

Authorities who "share" my interest are welcome to do so as long as they recognize that their "authority" gets checked at the door... and that their badge means they have "twice" as much to prove as anyone else.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #23

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

It is unfortunate that we have uninformed/improperly informed and negative LEO's between our Rights and the average individuals supporting the 2nd Amendment.

This guy is a perfect example.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 09-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #24

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Tackleberry 1, Agree or disagree a well written post.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1844 Times on 1079 Posts
Likes Given: 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
I have 30+ years in LE and this is typical of the attitude I saw from many of the FEDS I knew.
Many of them have the progressive mindset "I am better than you, therefore I know what is best for you"!
The person who posted this:
1. Probably has no 'real' LE experience and/or combat experience.
2. Has no realistic working knowledge of the Bill Of Rights and it's intent.
3. More than likely has a bachelor's degree or higher degree.
4. Obviously does not take the oath he took seriously and will violate it without even thinking about it.

He does not represent MOST I know in LE. But he does expose a very alarming and growing problem I see in LE.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 09-29-2013 at 03:26 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #26

Liked 2661 Times on 1565 Posts
Likes Given: 1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
We have an issue on site I would like to address.

Cops are human beings. They have diversity, differences in opinion, and are not mindless robots serving to make everyone's life hell.

FTF is not a platform to belittle them as a whole. No action makes the entire police force responsible. Are their bad cops? Sure, there are also bad fry cooks, bad accountants, bad janitors, bad financial advisers, etc. and they get the pleasure of not being lumped together for the poor actions of the minority.

Before anyone post a blanket statement about law enforcement (or fry cooks etc.) stop and give them the respect as human beings they deserve.
i agree notdku, but law enforcement are not the only ones who deserve protection from negative blanket statements.....and it sometimes seems they are the only ones who get protection on this forum from these statements.

teachers are bashed regularly here without a word. liberals are bashed regardless of the fact our liberal minded members are generally pro 2nd amendment. (and people are constantly called "liberal" by other members who are losing a debate or dislike their expressing their 1st amendment rights) businesses are bashed for their policies which are their right to set as they please. the list goes on here i'm afraid.

anyone should be allowed to be criticized for their actions. but unfortunately, many want to lump ALL into the actions of one or a few. until their are actions to try and curb language like "the education system is crap!" or "cops are corrupt." or "stupid liberals are acting dumb again."......well, i have a hard time understanding why some professions/opinions deserve more protection than others from such statements.

i respect everyone's right to an opinion, agree or disagree....but if we protect law enforcement and military in such a manner, i would hope that others' professions and political affiliations deserve the same protection.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 566 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 3259

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
This is the only justification needed, nothing else matters!

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

If they dont like it, move or change the BORs with a convention.
I totally agree with this.

However, this falls under "logical reasoning"....

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 09-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #28

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

hawkguy. Liberals suffer a loss of respect when they use any excuse to close decent. You may profess a left wing philosophy on the forum. That said you must expect strong discourse. Constitutionalism in America is attacked everyday by the Liberal press and leftest causes. The largest danger to the 2nd Amendment is the Teachers Union. The Leftest leader of that Union last week said all NRA members are condemned to "Hell" for their believes. That is some strong talk for some one wanting understanding.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #29

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I am VERY pro-cop, they are brave men and women doing a tough and dangerous job. However, I have NO RESPECT WHAT SO EVER for ANYONE, police officer or not, that believes that I should be stripped of my constitutional rights. Not only that but they can bite my rump!

Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #30

Liked 2661 Times on 1565 Posts
Likes Given: 1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
hawkguy. Liberals suffer a loss of respect when they use any excuse to close decent. You may profess a left wing philosophy on the forum. That said you must expect strong discourse. Constitutionalism in America is attacked everyday by the Liberal press and leftest causes. The largest danger to the 2nd Amendment is the Teachers Union. The Leftest leader of that Union last week said all NRA members are condemned to "Hell" for their believes. That is some strong talk for some one wanting understanding.
again, i say blaming the whole for the misdeeds of a few. i certainly distain many lines of "liberal" thought, however....there are "conservatives" that are just as determined at tearing down the constitution as liberals....just in different ways. thus the reason i will never likely call myself either democrat or republican, conservative or liberal...ever again....

i consider myself free to think however i want on ANY issue......i can have a stance on being strong on violent crime (lock em up forever, work em all day) and still protest the death penalty...and i couldn't give a rat's A if either view is considered liberal or conservative. i can be pro gun and pro legalization of weed....does it scare you i don't think along all the lines that i am supposed to?

its amazing how free you feel when you you don't allow anyone to force you into how you SHOULD think.

and there are many good teachers (i know several) who are a part of no teachers union (no teacher union in texas btw), or even if they are...are still good teachers and people. same as any other profession. there are good cops and cops that are abusive....good and bad everywhere....i chose to judge people as individuals, not with some labels intended to demonize or degrade them all without knowing them.

yes, there is "strong" talk from both sides all the time imo....but unfortunately very little rational or intelligent "strong" talk these days.

Closed Thread