Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #211
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
One of the agencies I used to work for started putting them in all the units along with GPS trackers right about when I moved on. The administration ended up using them to spy on the guys at home and at work and micromanage things that they should have just left alone.

The stupid camera came on every time we hit the lightbar and we had to write a mini report for the video clip. And it recorded for 1 minute prior to the event somehow, so if you were talking about something stupid before you made the stop it went to court with you. I hated it with a fiery flaming passion for the short time I was exposed to it, since when I'm riding by myself I tend to keep a running commentary and talk to other drivers and people around me. Mostly to keep myself awake and focused on what's going on. Also because I crack myself up sometimes. I can be very juvenile.

It did save one of my friends in a lawsuit once. Genius piece of trash claimed she went to jail on a warrant issued for a ticket he wrote that wasn't her because she didn't live at the address on the ticket. Had audio and video recording of him reading her address and other information on her license out to her and her confirming it. And acting like a regular douche on camera. Obviously the cameras aren't all bad. Just my first experience with them.
We have gotten too big for any effective spying program. Yes we have GPS (called AVL) on our systems. Tracks location, speed, etc.

The Panasonic Arbitrator camera system is constantly recording. Save mode activates when the lights are turned on, vehicle speed exceeds 90 MPH or manually active by any one of 3 in car "on" buttons or by the body mic.

Ours save "back" about one minute, but audio is not captured for the "back" time.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #212
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I think part of the problem here is people have come to EXPECT the government to fix their problems. "The police have a responsibility to make my life all rainbows and gumdrops". Shut up and take some personal responsibility. Be your neighbor's keeper and fix problems like a COMMUNITY! Because society have willingly given up a significant amount of responsibility for each other and themselves, the police have been tasked with the job. Stop venting your frustrations in a forum that can do nothing to correct this. Get off your lazy azz and get involved in your community. Simply complaining is juvenile.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 10-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #213
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5126 Times on 2669 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Your correct to a point, that point varies according to your view of the subject. Ive watched Wealthy Citizens, Presidents, Congresspeople and Senators walk away from perjury and other criminal activities unscathed for way too long.

Those are real crimes and they get special dispensation for their special situations. Me on the other hand have kept my license 100% clean for well over 20 years and never been in trouble with the law my entire life, yet I get a ticket because I actually forgot to put my seatbelt on! Thats a doozy, one I will now pay for for the next 5 years to an insurance company after Ive paid my debt to society by paying a healthy fine.

Ive stepped out of my safe zone more than once in the last many years to help a LEO in need. I recently spent 3 hours directing traffic one night in the rain on the highway in front of my house after a MVA when they sent only one officer to secure the entire scene. Think Im gonna do that again any time soon? Probably not, not when I can expect no such reciprocity on behalf of our public servants if Im in a pinch.

Sorry, I know that sounds bitter, Im not anti LEO but it sure feels like some of them that are "Just doing their Jobs Sir" do the rest no favors when they forget were human like they are and make "harmless" mistakes on occasions.

To my friends that are LEO's, I ask that they try to keep their eye on the real ball! I know 10,000 laws certainly can certainly challenge your ability to be effective but try to remember that most of us really care about those crimes that cause us all to become victims, not just the ones that create safe revenue.
Police officers do not prosecute criminals. What they do is make an arrest write out what is basicly a sworn statement to what they observed the facts to be. At that point it goes before a judge for arraignment IF the district attourney decides to prosecute.

You could literally have a magic crystal ball that generates all the locations evidence and reports needed to run every criminal into prison, but if you don't have a district attourney willing to take the case to court it won't matter what the crime is.

Police are completely out of the loop once the report is filed and the case turned over for prosecution. Blaming the police for lack of prosecution is like blaming spoons for making rosie odonall fat...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Closed Thread