Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #131
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,944
Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
... And Jim is correct... But to think the "reported" or the "convicted" numbers are accurate is absurd. 1. Most don't report out of fear of retaliation. 2. Lacking video evidence... No cop gets convicted. ...and don't whine about overtime, how Haaard it is, the pay, or the Danger. As an admitted "non" veteran... You have no idea what ****ty pay and sacrifice really is. Tack
And now I'm done with you. You obviously know absolutely nothing about the job that we do every day.

You obviously have no clue what it takes to convict a cop or any other person for that matter. I've actually never been directly involved with an investigation of another officer where there was any video evidence at all. And I've seen convictions. Hell those who actually did something wrong just gave us confessions and then pled guilty because they felt so crummy about messing up.

You obviously have no clue how lighting fast people will complain on a cop for any reason whatsoever, most of which are complete lies.

You obviously don't have even the slightest reference to what kind of money is involved in our profession, which does not have "basic pay" and "other pay." (And "overtime?" Heh. If I get a little extra "vacation time" or "sick time" which I won't be allowed to use, I count myself lucky.)

And you obviously don't have even the slightest idea as to what sacrifices there are involved for those who do what we do. I can remember going in as a volunteer during certain hurricanes and some of the cops I went in with (most of who were either infantry or MPs freshly back from the first part of the operations in Iraq) wishing they could go back to Baghdad after the first couple of DAYS.

You refuse to give credence to any amount of facts, experience or pertinent information, and instead cling to the ignorant idea that all police are somehow brutal, dishonest, dishonorable and crooked. And the majority of us are not.

I will not be replying to any of your other posts on this thread since you can't seem to say anything that is not ignorant, false, rude, inflammatory, exaggerated, arrogant and stubbornly out of touch with reality.

Feel free to have the last word if you wish. I do not care. I'm sure it will be more of the same sheer stupidity.

To everyone else: thank you for the encouraging messages both on this thread, and the surprising number of private messages you have all sent during this exchange. I appreciate the support. But it is pretty obvious now that there isn't anything else to add. Police are human beings, we make mistakes. But us locals are largely pro gun and pro liberty. Almost all of us would refuse to enforce any gun grab law.

And on the extremely rare occasion that we see one of our brothers or sisters in arms making a mistake or doing something illegal, the majority of us do not turn our heads and ignore it as he claims. That is a myth of generations past.

If a gun grab is ever implemented, it will almost certainly have to be enforced by federal law enforcement, an illegal and unconstitutional private police force commissioned specifically for that task, and the US Military. None of us signed up to take people's guns. Most of us signed up to help out in out communities and keep people safe. We are not the dishonorable, evil, crooked, brutal people that Tackleberry1 has unsuccessfully tried to make us appear to be.

I will be happy to discuss this with any of you on this thread or through private messages or anywhere else. And I am sure that I will be addressing Tackles trollish lies about law enforcement with actual truths and facts in other threads as well sometime in the future since he apparently likes to spread his bigotry and drivel around whenever he gets the chance. Of course I won't expect him to learn anything close to reality, but hopefully others will pay attention to the truth.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and support.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-05-2013 at 07:06 PM.
DeltaF is offline  
 
Old 10-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #132
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Again, I think we all need to calm down and be aware that, by and large, LEOs are on our side.

Let's stop with the personal attacks and innuendos here. It isn't serving to do anything except make emotions flare up.

__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 10-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #133
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,823
Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Default

Well that's a whole lot of BS I never said... Or believe.

I'd suggest a course in reading comprehension... And a fresh pair of panties.

Oh... And if your dead set on the whole "dressing like a bad ass thing" then by all means "sack up" join the Army Infantry, and learn first hand about hardship, courage and dedication.

As much time as you've spent here whining about how tough you cop job is... I'd give you about 4 days to wash out.

Now... Who had that tiny invisible violin?

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
And now I'm done with you. You obviously know absolutely nothing about the job that we do every day.

You obviously have no clue what it takes to convict a cop or any other person for that matter. I've actually never been directly involved with an investigation of another officer where there was any video evidence at all. And I've seen convictions. Hell those who actually did something wrong just gave us confessions and then pled guilty because they felt so crummy about messing up.

You obviously have no clue how lighting fast people will complain on a cop for any reason whatsoever, most of which are complete lies.

You obviously don't have even the slightest reference to what kind of money is involved in our profession, which does not have "basic pay" and "other pay." (And "overtime?" Heh. If I get a little extra "vacation time" or "sick time" which I won't be allowed to use, I count myself lucky.)

And you obviously don't have even the slightest idea as to what sacrifices there are involved for those who do what we do. I can remember going in as a volunteer during certain hurricanes and some of the cops I went in with (most of who were either infantry or MPs freshly back from the first part of the operations in Iraq) wishing they could go back to Baghdad after the first couple of DAYS.

You refuse to give credence to any amount of facts, experience or pertinent information, and instead cling to the ignorant idea that all police are somehow brutal, dishonest, dishonorable and crooked. And the majority of us are not.

I will not be replying to any of your other posts on this thread since you can't seem to say anything that is not ignorant, false, rude, inflammatory, exaggerated, arrogant and stubbornly out of touch with reality.

Feel free to have the last word if you wish. I do not care. I'm sure it will be more of the same sheer stupidity.

To everyone else: thank you for the encouraging messages both on this thread, and the surprising number of private messages you have all sent during this exchange. I appreciate the support. But it is pretty obvious now that there isn't anything else to add. Police are human beings, we make mistakes. But us locals are largely pro gun and pro liberty. Almost all of us would refuse to enforce any gun grab law.

And on the extremely rare occasion that we see one of our brothers or sisters in arms making a mistake or doing something illegal, the majority of us do not turn our heads and ignore it as he claims. That is a myth of generations past.

If a gun grab is ever implemented, it will almost certainly have to be enforced by federal law enforcement, an illegal and unconstitutional private police force commissioned specifically for that task, and the US Military. None of us signed up to take people's guns. Most of us signed up to help out in out communities and keep people safe. We are not the dishonorable, evil, crooked, brutal people that Tackleberry1 has unsuccessfully tried to make us appear to be.

I will be happy to discuss this with any of you on this thread or through private messages or anywhere else. And I am sure that I will be addressing Tackles trollish lies about law enforcement with actual truths and facts in other threads as well sometime in the future since he apparently likes to spread his bigotry and drivel around whenever he gets the chance. Of course I won't expect him to learn anything close to reality, but hopefully others will pay attention to the truth.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and support.
__________________
It is not the Citizens duty to show loyalty to the Government... it IS the Governments duty to show loyalty to the Citizen
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Old 10-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #134
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,513
Liked 1170 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 1745

Default

Just my thoughts, but:
Often the only time a citizen has any interaction with a LEO is when said citizen has been stopped by a cop for some infraction or suspicion thereof. In that situation, the citizen is on the defensive, and sometimes so is the cop. Obviously the conversation is not going to be a polite exchange about the weather, or how's yer momma. This can result in both parties regarding the other to be the BG.
This tends to overshadow all the times an officer does something to make the world safe for said citizen. So it is easier to form a negative opinion than a positive one.

__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 10-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,823
Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Just my thoughts, but:
Often the only time a citizen has any interaction with a LEO is when said citizen has been stopped by a cop for some infraction or suspicion thereof. In that situation, the citizen is on the defensive, and sometimes so is the cop. Obviously the conversation is not going to be a polite exchange about the weather, or how's yer momma. This can result in both parties regarding the other to be the BG.
This tends to overshadow all the times an officer does something to make the world safe for said citizen. So it is easier to form a negative opinion than a positive one.
And all that has merit... I do not personally dislike any Cops. I enjoy pulling RSO duty with several of them and respect them as men, even if I don't support the system they represent.

Tack
__________________
It is not the Citizens duty to show loyalty to the Government... it IS the Governments duty to show loyalty to the Citizen
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Old 10-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #136
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW OK
Posts: 4,199
Liked 1988 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 2958

Default

Cops come from the same huge unwashed pool of humanity that gives us rabbis, Catholic priests and Protestant preachers. Every once in awhile folks who enter honored service from that pool turn out bad: That's just the way it goes. i don't have a problem with cops in general. i do have a problem with dishonest cops, rabbis, Catholic priests and Protestant preachers.

All the cops i know support my Second Amendment rights.

__________________
alsaqr is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 10-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #137
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 9,941
Liked 2604 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Well said Greg...

The attitude of a badge granting additional rights and the anger/abuse directed at citizens who catch officers pulling crap they should not be pulling is a big part of the problem.

I recognize its a minority of officers doing it but when the "good cop" next to them does nothing about the misconduct, they feed the public mistrust.

This is completely a "police" problem and if good cops wish to be respected... They must have the balls to tell the truth, especially if the truth protects the public from an abusive officer.

Personally... I have no crystal ball too tell me if a cop is going to be honest and respectful...or if he's an asshat trying to build rappor so he can insist on a "consentual" violation of my 4A rights?

So... I simply refuse to answer questions.
Exactly how do you carry a brush that wide? It must really hurt your wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but no... I've never been arressted, never encountered LEO's outside of a couple of traffic stops, and actually shoot with and perform RSO duty with several VPD and Clark Co Sheriff deputies at the private gun club we share.

My attitude toward police misconduct is born of my military training where it was not enough to refuse an unlawful order... it was expected of soldiers to also stop anyone else from carrying out unlawful orders.

I'm also a libertarian who rejects the governments notion that it can coerce citizens to do anything.

Limit your duty to "calls for service" and apply common sence.. And you'll have my respect. Participate in blatant violations of the 4th and 5th amendments and you will filmed and perhaps "baited" into doing something stupid.

LEO failure to police it's own ranks is the reason activists with cameras are doing it for you.

Please understand that it's not about you as an individual... I'm certain that if we lined up together at the gun range we'd get along just fine... Unfortunately, too many of your fellow officers refuse to hold one another accountable, lie for one another, and frankly, have created a situation where the public has NO reason to trust or respect any of you.

Accepting that my "attitude" is created by police misconduct is the first step toward solving the problem.

Tack
So according to you the military NEVER abuses people? EVERY time an unlawful order is issued in the military, it is disobeyed and a court martial is convened? WOW! I had no idea. It is amazing we were able to defeat Saddam in 100 hrs. There must have been 10,000 reports of unlawful orders!

Accepting that your "attitude" is your choice is the first step toward solving YOUR problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
... And Jim is correct... But to think the "reported" or the "convicted" numbers are accurate is absurd.

1. Most don't report out of fear of retaliation.
2. Lacking video evidence... No cop gets convicted.

...and don't whine about overtime, how Haaard it is, the pay, or the Danger. As an admitted "non" veteran... You have no idea what ****ty pay and sacrifice really is.

Tack
To think the numbers are NOT accurate is equally absurd. You are sooo much better than anyone else because you served in the military. No one in any other sort of public service have anywhere near your integrity, bravery, dedication, sacrifice or reason to bitch. I bow down to your superiority and will now commit seppuku. Get over your self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Well that's a whole lot of BS I never said... Or believe.

I'd suggest a course in reading comprehension... And a fresh pair of panties.

Oh... And if your dead set on the whole "dressing like a bad ass thing" then by all means "sack up" join the Army Infantry, and learn first hand about hardship, courage and dedication.

As much time as you've spent here whining about how tough you cop job is... I'd give you about 4 days to wash out.

Now... Who had that tiny invisible violin?

Tack
You really are full of your self, aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
And all that has merit... I do not personally dislike any Cops. I enjoy pulling RSO duty with several of them and respect them as men, even if I don't support the system they represent.

Tack
And, I am not a racist. I do not personally dislike any minorities. I enjoy ______ with several of them and respect them as men, even though I don't support (NAACP, LULAC, LaRaza, MALDEF, the Nation of Islam, JPFO, Bnai Brith, etc.) take your choice of group.

Yes, you are a hater. Haters hate.
__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
DeltaF Likes This 
Old 10-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #138
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,823
Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Default

Robo...

The only people I hate are those who abuse authority and those who choose a profession only to whine about how tough it is.

In 5 years of posting here I'd never have thought to lump you into either group but if you choose to jump into the boat of a poser like Delta F... Well... Your choice I suppose.

And no... I don't think my military service was any more or less honorable than what you do but I do have a serious problem with the militarization of our local police forces. I don't care what the patch resides on your shoulder... The day will come when all of you are issued Blue Kevlars and issued orders from the Federal Government. On that day, you will instantly become US active duty military operating in violation of Habius Corpus.

My oath was too the Constitution of the United States and I will obey it regardless of the consequences. You sir, have previously stated that you will do the same, which is why I respect you.

My intent is not too bash officers who act constitutionally but it most certainly IS to knock down the level of Cop worship amongst 2A advocates because quite frankly, it could become a serious liability in the future.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Exactly how do you carry a brush that wide? It must really hurt your wrist.



So according to you the military NEVER abuses people? EVERY time an unlawful order is issued in the military, it is disobeyed and a court martial is convened? WOW! I had no idea. It is amazing we were able to defeat Saddam in 100 hrs. There must have been 10,000 reports of unlawful orders!

Accepting that your "attitude" is your choice is the first step toward solving YOUR problem.


To think the numbers are NOT accurate is equally absurd. You are sooo much better than anyone else because you served in the military. No one in any other sort of public service have anywhere near your integrity, bravery, dedication, sacrifice or reason to bitch. I bow down to your superiority and will now commit seppuku. Get over your self.


You really are full of your self, aren't you?



And, I am not a racist. I do not personally dislike any minorities. I enjoy ______ with several of them and respect them as men, even though I don't support (NAACP, LULAC, LaRaza, MALDEF, the Nation of Islam, JPFO, Bnai Brith, etc.) take your choice of group.

Yes, you are a hater. Haters hate.
__________________
It is not the Citizens duty to show loyalty to the Government... it IS the Governments duty to show loyalty to the Citizen

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 10-06-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Tackleberry1 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 10-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #139
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,514
Liked 7824 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Default

I can't take the time to respond with all of my thoughts at the moment, but until I can get back on later tonight with my thoughts I would like Y'All to check out this video. It is a law professor and a police officer both talking about not talking to police. Pretty much I learned what they are saying many, many years ago when I was caught up in an investigation over something I had nothing to do with, but know most of the guys who were involved. Had I answered their questions I most likely could have been convicted of a crime. As it was I was not charged after being questioned (I was not officially detained). I'll be back later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc&feature=youtu.be

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Old 10-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
I do have a serious problem with the militarization of our local police forces. I don't care what the patch resides on your shoulder... The day will come when all of you are issued Blue Kevlars and issued orders from the Federal Government. On that day, you will instantly become US active duty military operating in violation of Habius Corpus.
Look. I'm trying to be as tactful as possible. So I apologize in advance if it seems as though I cross the line.

And I'm certainly not a cop worshiper. But honestly I think your tin foil hat is a little too tight.

You speak of all this "militarization of police." Yet you provide no concrete examples or proof that this is an epidemic across the country. You reference cops who wear drop leg holsters and black clothes. That hardly seems like militarized police to me. Personally, I worry more about the civilians who walk around looking like that. You know, the mall-ninja types.

When regular cops (not SWAT) start walking around in full body armor at all times and arriving to the scene of a crime in a BFV or an Abrams, then I'll take your word. Until then, it just seems like a silly distrust of people who are on our side by and large. If the day comes that you speak of, meaning blue helmets and whatnot, then I believe most cops would stay on our side.

Regardless, the conspiratorial nonsense based on paranoia is getting a bit old.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Why are .380 Glocks for law enforcement only? RustyShackleford101 Semi-Auto Handguns 35 09-04-2012 07:49 PM
Law enforcement only? Tenderribbs AR-15 Discussion 8 06-25-2012 03:06 PM
law enforcement stoppingpower The Club House 30 01-15-2012 03:30 PM
Law enforcement slip The Club House 12 11-29-2009 11:08 PM
Repeal twenty-second article of Amendment Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 7 01-21-2009 08:13 PM