Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
When they started using the psychological testing to replace GOOD background checks the LE profession went to heII in a handbasket, FAST!!!!
The good old MMPI test. Was even used in the process of vetting secret and top secret military clearances. Not just law enforcement...

Become steel or get cut.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #102

Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I disagree on many levels

There are numerous professions that can abuse the public with near impunity; The Clergy, Telemarketers, the IRS, the Legislature, the Judiciary, any number of businesses, etc.

Bad apples do get passed over and fired in LE. ALL THE TIME!

I feel sorry for you to have to live in such a depressing and negative self.
Robo... I'm neither depressed or negative.

I simply look around my surroundings and see officers ranging from my small town Camas PD to Vancouver, to Portland and see a bunch of under 30 police officers dressed as though we are on the brink of a Taliban invasion.

Black BDU's, drop thigh holsters, looking like a bunch of Navy Seal wanna bees and I can't help but believe the days of Sheriff Andy are over.

Not saying they are a bunch of evil bastards... Just recognizing that they are driven by a system that I can not support.

Tack

Old 10-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2448 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Amazing! Comfortable uniforms and thigh holsters=police brutality and an unsupportable system! WOW!

I guess adjustable stocks and standard capacity magazines=dangerous assault rifles with an evil mind of their own and unstoppable destructive power too.

Genius logic. I am amazed. Truly amazed.

Because I thought that what made a person good at their job was the amount of dedication they showed to it, and the quality and content of their character, not the color of their uniform and where they strap their sidearm.

I thought that the Andy Griffith show was a comedy show from the 1960s, not the embodiment of what modern law enforcement was supposed to be.

Cops in the 60s..... That was back when interviews and interrogations were often made in the back room with a horse whip. That was back when people were simply shot in the back if they actually tried to run from the police. And it was accepted practice. It had to go all the way to the Supreme Court before they put a stop to it. (Tennessee Vs Garner, 471 US 1, 1985) (Brown v. Mississippi, 297 U.S. 278 1936 but the practice continued well into the "Miranda years." (1966))

Whereas cops in 2013... Well we're so "brutal" with our scary uniforms and scary gun holsters. We're so "bound" by this "new" brutal system of law and justice that we "enforce instead of keep the peace." The system that defines so many specific rights to individuals that 4 entire weeks of a normal POST academy is devoted to those laws and Supreme Court rulings. The system that is so restrictive to US and so liberal and kind towards criminals that it allows killers like Casey Anthony to walk the street free and clear.

Yes today's police are so brutal. Instead of beating confessions out of people like they did in the 60s, we follow the long list of legal rulings we now have in modern day society. Instead of slamming them upside the head with their own house phone until theyre unconscious and then calling the station for backup, we use portable radios and intermediate weapons like pepper spray or tasers.

Instead of shooting people in the back who run away. We set up a perimeter and restrain them. Yes we are so much more brutal than the Andy Griffith days. And it's our comfortable cotton BDUs and "navy seal wanna be holsters" that make us so.

Let me tell you something, I ran with the old school guys. If you are getting in a scuffle, its the 30 years and younger guys that you want to fight. The old school know how to hurt you and justify it on paper. The old school can grab you and have you on your tiptoes whining like a girl. Everyone around you will be looking at you like "what a drama queen the cop is just walking next to him." And you will swear that something inside of you is broken. And the next day you won't even have a bruise where they grabbed you or twisted you.

Most of the young guys don't learn all those "dirty" tricks. And they are the Nintendo generation. They don't want to put hands on you or hurt you at all.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-04-2013 at 11:55 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It's becoming common language amongst various PD function officers to refer to themselves as operators.. Go figure....

Civilian protectors becoming / adopting a more militaristic equipped presence , attire and attitude....

Only the three P's apply in the officers vision of being.....

Police, Perps and Pukes......

Become steel or get cut.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
It's becoming common language amongst various PD function officers to refer to themselves as operators.. Go figure.... Civilian protectors becoming / adopting a more militaristic equipped presence , attire and attitude.... Only the three P's apply in the officers vision of being..... Police, Perps and Pukes......
Ever stop and think about the fact that a lot of police these days are current or retired military? Takes a while to get some of them to stop saying "over" on the radio. And some of their other habits/terminology just don't change at all.

Also a lot of the tactical training is done by trainers with a military background who use military terminology. Don't like the police arming up with military tactics? Kindly ask the gangbangers to stop using AK-47s, and kindly ask the crazies to stop shooting up schools and movie theaters in our cities.

We could use the time off. Those training hours take us away from our families on our days off.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-05-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #106

Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Your sarcasm is indicitive of a juvenile mind... And one who's more that a little too impressed with himself.

Today's police remind me of the Egyptian "police" I used to watch daily from CP3D on the Sinai Peninsula. You see... The Gypo's were not allowed any Military forces in zone C bordering Israel and the Gulf of Aquaba so... They conveniently station a "police" barracks in the zone. They were a battalion Egyptian Infantry but patches said "police" so it was all good.

Now... a few years later... I'm seeing the same "look" walking about my home town. The same banana republic thug attitude on more than a few of them as well.

If you'd like too look like a bad ass soldier then join the military or reenlist. It does no belong on our streets.

But hey, as long as your cool with the militarization of the profession... You'll probably be cool with it when they hand you a blue helmet and tell you the American gun owners are now terrorists.

Good Luck with that HERO.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Amazing! Comfortable uniforms and thigh holsters=police brutality and an unsupportable system! WOW!

I guess adjustable stocks and standard capacity magazines=dangerous assault rifles with an evil mind of their own and unstoppable destructive power too.

Genius logic. I am amazed. Truly amazed.

Because I thought that what made a person good at their job was the amount of dedication they showed to it, and the quality and content of their character, not the color of their uniform and where they strap their sidearm.

I thought that the Andy Griffith show was a comedy show from the 1960s, not the embodiment of what modern law enforcement was supposed to be.

Cops in the 60s..... That was back when interviews and interrogations were often made in the back room with a horse whip. That was back when people were simply shot in the back if they actually tried to run from the police. And it was accepted practice. It had to go all the way to the Supreme Court before they put a stop to it. (Tennessee Vs Garner, 471 US 1, 1985) (Brown v. Mississippi, 297 U.S. 278 1936 but the practice continued well into the "Miranda years." (1966))

Whereas cops in 2013... Well we're so "brutal" with our scary uniforms and scary gun holsters. We're so "bound" by this "new" brutal system of law and justice that we "enforce instead of keep the peace." The system that defines so many specific rights to individuals that 4 entire weeks of a normal POST academy is devoted to those laws and Supreme Court rulings. The system that is so restrictive to US and so liberal and kind towards criminals that it allows killers like Casey Anthony to walk the street free and clear.

Yes today's police are so brutal. Instead of beating confessions out of people like they did in the 60s, we follow the long list of legal rulings we now have in modern day society. Instead of slamming them upside the head with their own house phone until theyre unconscious and then calling the station for backup, we use portable radios and intermediate weapons like pepper spray or tasers.

Instead of shooting people in the back who run away. We set up a perimeter and restrain them. Yes we are so much more brutal than the Andy Griffith days. And it's our comfortable cotton BDUs and "navy seal wanna be holsters" that make us so.

Let me tell you something, I ran with the old school guys. If you are getting in a scuffle, its the 30 years and younger guys that you want to fight. The old school know how to hurt you and justify it on paper. The old school can grab you and have you on your tiptoes whining like a girl. Everyone around you will be looking at you like "what a drama queen the cop is just walking next to him." And you will swear that something inside of you is broken. And the next day you won't even have a bruise where they grabbed you or twisted you.

Most of the young guys don't learn all those "dirty" tricks. And they are the Nintendo generation. They don't want to put hands on you or hurt you at all.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Your sarcasm is indicitive of a juvenile mind... And one who's more that a little too impressed with himself.
I have answered your narrow minded drivel with facts. You ignore the facts for your version of reality and instead of addressing the facts you attack me personally. Ignoring the facts and clinging to your own version of reality is what is indicative (not indicitive) of a juvenile mind.

A little sarcasm never hurt anyone. And much of your broad overstatement of things that you obviously know little to nothing about isn't deserving of more than a sarcastic response.

Quote:
Today's police remind me of the Egyptian "police" I used to watch daily from CP3D on the Sinai Peninsula. You see... The Gypo's were not allowed any Military forces in zone C bordering Israel and the Gulf of Aquaba so... They conveniently station a "police" barracks in the zone. They were a battalion Egyptian Infantry but patches said "police" so it was all good. Now... a few years later... I'm seeing the same "look" walking about my home town.
So let me get this straight..... You saw a battalion of Egyptian Infantry walking around in comfortable uniforms and carrying Glocks in thigh holsters? Or you saw police in your hometown patrolling your streets daily in M1s and armored personnel carriers and armed with M4s M16s RPGs RPKs and MK19s?

Because I'm pretty sure the last time I saw footage of the Egyptian Infantry they were packing fully automatic weapons, grenades and rocket/grenade launchers like every other modern military.

I'm almost POSITIVE that it takes more than a comfortable uniform and a Glock 22 in a thigh holster to turn a street cop into an Egyptian Infantryman.

Quote:
The same banana republic thug attitude on more than a few of them as well.
Until you take a long look at your crappy attitude towards the police, don't expect us to be all sunshine and butterflies. We can tell when someone is just itching for an excuse to be an ***hole. And we don't like it anymore than anybody else does.

Quote:
If you'd like too look like a bad ass soldier then join the military or reenlist. It does no belong on our streets.
So comfortable uniforms and thigh holsters do not belong on our streets? Would you prefer a S&W .38 in a brown leather holster with no retention and a bullet in my front pocket?

I don't really care for the thigh holsters myself. But I don't see how any logical person can make the jump from thigh holsters to Egyptian Infantry.

Quote:
But hey, as long as your cool with the militarization of the profession... You'll probably be cool with it when they hand you a blue helmet and tell you the American gun owners are now terrorists.
There are no street cops anywhere in the Deep South that will go along with that kind of stupidity. If that is what you honestly believe, then you obviously do not have the slightest clue about law enforcement. Needless to say, this does not surprise me at all.

Quote:
Good Luck with that HERO. Tack
If I'm ever a hero it'll be because my name ended up on the national law enforcement memorial. I'm still posting on this forum so obviously that hasn't happened yet.

Normally I would be irritated and through with this conversation with you. But now your extrapolations are getting so out of touch with reality that I am finding them genuinely amusing.

Perhaps this is partially because of the pain meds....

But I'm actually looking forward to whatever ignorant crap you're going to come up with next. Geez....

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

robocop10mm Likes This 
Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ooops.........

Become steel or get cut.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #109
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9031 Times on 5248 Posts
Likes Given: 11922

And then there is this sort of thing going on.

Quote:
Cops Caught Speeding With Some Deadly Consequences
By JOSEPH RHEE and MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) Oct 3, 2013, 11:36 PM

Civilian drivers say they are up in arms over what they see as a double standard: cops ignoring the speed limit, at times with lethal results.

Playing the part of highway video avenger, they've caught officers in the act with helmet cams and cameras rigged to their vehicles -- and then posted the videos to YouTube.

"I realized the more videos that I have, then folks will realize that it is a common problem," said Ron Carr of Raleigh, N.C., who's documented speeding cops in Raleigh for months.

The officers are not responding to an emergency with lights and sirens on.

Justin Hopson, a former New Jersey state trooper and author of "Breaking the Blue Wall," said police officers were speeding to get to lunch or meet other officers.

"It's pretty prevalent," he said. "I don't think cops think of it as a hypocrisy. It's more of a mentality of 'Hey, I have a badge and the ability to go fast as I need to go."

And it's a problem that police departments seem reluctant to acknowledge.

In June 2009, a Milford, Conn., police cruiser going 94 mph in a 40 mph zone rammed into a passenger car.

Ashlie Krakowski and David Servin, 19-year-old sweethearts from Orange, Conn., were killed in the crash. Krakowski was a high school star with dreams of becoming a nurse; Servin, a talented musician planning to go to business school.

"I was disgusted that it was a police officer," said Servin's mother, Susan. "You see them racing around all the time. And, you know, this time they didn't get away with it."

The officer involved was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison, though he's currently free as he appeals.

The Krakowski and Servin families sued the police to uncover the scale of the problem, demanding to see dashcam video from the previous two years.

"We wanted to know: Was there a culture of speeding?" Susan Servin said. "Was this an isolated incident that you could forgive a little more easily?"

The families received 500 dashcam clips, including footage of an officer on a call racing at 113 mph in a 45 mph zone. He was suspended.

But then the Milford Police Department said that it had accidentally deleted 2,000 other clips.

Hopson said it was almost unheard of for cops to call each other out over speeding.

"If you do so, you're deemed a stool pigeon," he said. "You're deemed the round peg in the square hole and there's ramifications for doing that."

Florida State Trooper Donna Watts said she received threatening phone calls and spotted strange police vehicles in front of her home after she pulled over a Miami-Dade police officer flying up Interstate 95 at speeds up to 120 mph.

That officer was later fired by his department and is now trying to get his job back.

Watts is suing, claiming the harassment prompted her to leave road patrol and even her home.

"Miss Watts feels betrayed," said attorney Mirta Desir. "For some members of the law enforcement community to turn against her has torn her apart."

Florida'sSun Sentinel newspaper discovered that, in a single three-month period, almost 800 cops had been clocked driving 90 to 130 mph.

Many were not on duty.

In Connecticut, the Servin and Krakowski families remain skeptical that the police will ever crack down on speeding by their own.

Lois Krakowski, Ashlie's mother, said the police had destroyed their families.

"They did," she said. "And it could be anybody's kid, anybody's kid. And it's the worst thing that could ever happen to you."

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
And then there is this sort of thing going on.
Yeah that kinda crap happens a lot in some places. Agencies have to police their own. A lot of them are installing cameras and GPS trackers to put a stop to this kind of thing.

Then again riding audible and visible code to calls sometimes causes more wrecks than it avoids. Sometimes it's safer to rock and roll without the woo woo lights and sirens and risk the complaint calls.

Also, some Code 3 calls SOP is to go in as quickly as possible without lights and sirens to avoid letting the subject know we've been dispatched and how close we are. In a convenience store robbery for example, as long as there are no shots fired, the goal is usually to box the subjects in after they exit the store and prevent re-entry to avoid a possible hostage situation. So no lights or sirens when running to that call. But you still have to get there as fast as possible without crashing out.

We get some pretty intense driving training fresh out of the academy plus driving in service throughout the year to be able to do this as safely as possible. Its a lot of fun!

Unfortunately though in this as well as any other profession there are guys who just drive fast to drive fast. And that's not safe for anybody. :-(

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-05-2013 at 05:11 AM.
robocop10mm Likes This 
Closed Thread