Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Article: Law Enforcement vs. the 2nd Amendment

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2247 Times on 1237 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

...and ^^THIS^^ is why JimRau is a "respected" member of Law Enforcement.

We've had some hearty debates over the years and you Sir, always hold your own and stay consistent without ever whining about Cop Bashing.

I'd cover your ass any day.

Much respect

Tack
How interesting...... Considering that your exact words were:

Quote:
Are there "honorable" officers... Sure... Until they witness misconduct or abuse and choose to look the other way.

The inconvenient truth is that we no longer have "Peace Officers"... That profession is dead. We now have "Law Enforcers" and an ounce of common sense should tell anyone that these "Enforcers" do NOT represent your "best interest".
And now all of a sudden there is a single solitary exception to your world of dead "peace officers" replaced by "enforcers" who are all dishonorable and live to "abuse the public" with "impunity." Amazing that you would find an exception so quickly.

...Unless your world of 100% dishonorable police officers doesn't exist and your entire post was bull**** to begin with....

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We apparently have a much larger amount of media worshipping sheeple on this forum than I realized. Here are the cold hard facts on police misconduct.

And this isn't information from the police world. It's from a third party organization with a mission to gather data on the scope of the problem of police misconduct so that it can be better addressed.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that there were 794,300 sworn law enforcement officers in the US in 2010.

The National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project states that in 2010 6,613 sworn law enforcement officers were involved in alleged misconduct in the year 2010.

That's 0.8%. And those statistics do not reflect how many out of the 6,613 officers listed in the report actually committed the misconduct, and how many were falsely accused.

That's the reality. Like it or not. Its a drop in the bucket. And now I'm done. Believe what you want, I'm proud of the amazing people I work with. Find another profession to trash sheeple. Maybe Protestant Evangelists. Or Catholic Priests. Oh wait, they have even lower stats than we do. Amazing! Who'd have thought that after the way the media tears them up too.

Oh and I guess all republicans are evil racist poor-hating warmongering (the bad wars, not obummers good ones) multibillionares. And gun owners are all nutty psychos just waiting to explode from the inside out and shoot up a school or movie theatre. After all, I saw it on the news, so it must be true right?!

I'm out.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-04-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #93

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
You want to know the people who have the REAL problem with the 2nd amendment? Read this article. http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23596179/2013/10/02/officer-dropping-off-daughter-at-school-asked Reading about a uniformed officer being asked to "never show up like that again" is a new one for me. I bet this sorry excuse for an educator would be delighted to have this officer on campus if he had an active shooter. What a communist prick!!!! Our local principals LOVE having us around. We used to go hang out with him at school events off duty. And guns? Hell we did shooter drills with rapid deployment teams in one of the schools, and the principal showed up, loaded and charged one of AR15s and said "hey y'all need an extra role player? I've always wanted to do this." LOL! And he made a great role player too! (We told him he was a little "too good.") What kind of communist prick wants to keep UNIFORMED POLICE FROM DROPPING THEIR LITTLE GIRLS OFF AT SCHOOL!?!?!? We hardly get to see them as it is!!!
Bet they'd sing a different tune if they had an active shooter situation on their hands... :mad!

Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #94

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcilten View Post
Bet they'd sing a different tune if they had an active shooter situation on their hands... :mad!
sad state of mind some people are in these days

Old 10-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #95
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
mortars and ieds do not discriminate between cooks, dental assistants, mechanics and infantrymen. Almost every service member who has served anywhere in Iraq and Afghanistan has experienced at least one of these events
QFT. All roads eventually lead to a kill zones.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #96

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I remember a bunch of us telling an FBI Asst. Sp. Agent In Charge that we pilots loved our Mac-10's & 11's, and if the Coke dealers were gonna use em we should get some smart Armorer somewhere to make you some 75Rd drums! We had a guy make us 50 Rounders for our 11's, but they were too bulky in the cockpit to have more then one,...

Those were the days when every abandoned car in S. FL had a dead latin guy in the trunk.

The cartel hitmen in Mexico like the full-auto ARs with C-mags so they can hose everything down. I remember some Army helo crews in VN had Mini-16s, which I guess were the prototype for the M4.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #97
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2767 Times on 1446 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
All true but...

...no other profession can abuse the public with near impunity.

...and "bad apples" in any other job get passed over or fired.

The "broad brush" painting the LEO profession is in their hands and its not so much "broad" as it is "thin" and "blue".

Are there "honorable" officers... Sure... Until they witness misconduct or abuse and choose to look the other way.

The inconvenient truth is that we no longer have "Peace Officers"... That profession is dead. We now have "Law Enforcers" and an ounce of common sense should tell anyone that these "Enforcers" do NOT represent your "best interest".

I find it interesting the way so may gun people give a pass to this truth simply because they enjoy being in the presence of "benevolent authority".

Authorities who "share" my interest are welcome to do so as long as they recognize that their "authority" gets checked at the door... and that their badge means they have "twice" as much to prove as anyone else.

Tack
I disagree on many levels

There are numerous professions that can abuse the public with near impunity; The Clergy, Telemarketers, the IRS, the Legislature, the Judiciary, any number of businesses, etc.

Bad apples do get passed over and fired in LE. ALL THE TIME!

I feel sorry for you to have to live in such a depressing and negative self.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

JW357 Likes This 
Old 10-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer

Oh I know already. You don't have to explain. The steelworker was an uneducated POS.
Actually my 2 best friends and favorite uncle all work off shore. We have a blast together and they are some of the smartest people I know.

Quote:

Next week I will do stuff that is far more dangerous than anything you will do in your entire career.
I doubt it... I've done my share of rappelling, climbing around on 20+ bucks of scaffolding, walking beams without a harness, and busting through gulf storms in a little 21footer.

I've also been shot at, and had to fight off 2 people with active AIDS at the same time.

Quote:
I know I don't matter either because I am an uneducated POS that worked an oil rig 7 days a week a 12 hours a day until I could buy land and have a chance to make a better life for myself.
Actually I think that American society in general is completely over educated. This country was built by the WWII generation, who had an average of a 9th grade education. I have friends and family with masters and PHDs. But the person I go to for advice on almost everything is my Dad, who barely graduated from high school. And over the years ive found his advice is almost always right.

Quote:
Some people have the drive to succeed no matter what they have to overcome. Others just cry about their lot in life.
I agree! And the ones who just cry about their lot in life usually spend at least part of it in prison.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #99
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 302

Quote:
Quote: I know I don't matter either because I am an uneducated POS that worked an oil rig 7 days a week a 12 hours a day until I could buy land and have a chance to make a better life for myself.

Actually I think that American society in general is completely over educated. This country was built by the WWII generation, who had an average of a 9th grade education. I have friends and family with masters and PHDs. But the person I go to for advice on almost everything is my Dad, who barely graduated from high school. And over the years ive found his advice is almost always right.
An all too common problem in this country is people mistaking education for "smarts." Most highly educated people who aren't particularly swift seem to know it. Sadly, they seem to try to overcompensate using condescension as a substitute.
When you run into someone who is both highly educated and "smart" in the "common sense" meaning of the word, you should attempt to keep them around, there are extremely rare.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #100
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3188 Times on 2168 Posts
Likes Given: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Actually my 2 best friends and favorite uncle all work off shore. We have a blast together and they are some of the smartest people I know.

I doubt it... I've done my share of rappelling, climbing around on 20+ bucks of scaffolding, walking beams without a harness, and busting through gulf storms in a little 21footer.

I've also been shot at, and had to fight off 2 people with active AIDS at the same time.

I agree! And the ones who just cry about their lot in life usually spend at least part of it in prison.
Yeah, My Dad did 3 semesters worth of classes while Working 2 years in the family's Baking & Rest. Supply Biz BEFORE enlisting in 1948 @ the age of 19. Didn't finish college until the Early 60's(still a FREE Education from the City of NY @ that Time!)and then went Back to 'War" as an Army CID MSG. in 1965...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Closed Thread