You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Armed march on dc


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
So we just give up on the rule of law. we all "interpret" the constitution according to our own self interests and to hell with everyone else n the country???

If the courts no longer matter, what authority does?? The law of the jungle??
The rule of Law... is that a joke?

Jim Crow laws were legal and enforced for many years... didn't make em right... and it took CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE to overturn them.

I believe that you make the mistake of assuming that the current laws, regulations, and code books represent "the rule of law". They do not. They represent the intrusion of Government into the lives of otherwise free people... they exist for no other reason than to expand Government power... and they represent the death bed of liberty.

The Constitution in the only "rule of law"... and anyone willing to take on the system and challenge tyranny is by definition... a patriot.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cattledog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland,OR
Posts: 1,463
Liked 590 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

If the courts no longer matter, what authority does?? The law of the jungle??
"the law of the jungle" Don't be F'ing ridiculous. We'll operate under the law of attraction. That way at least we'll get laid.



This random act of silliness is now concluded. Now back to the regularly scheduled debate.
__________________
Join the NRA Here!


"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
Cattledog is offline  
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,804
Liked 3419 Times on 2012 Posts
Likes Given: 873

Default

Just doesn't feel right. Seems like the guy heading this up has a lot if ties to the same interest groups as the administration. Code pink, ANSWER, pro amnesty projects, IVAW.

Seems like the type to lure conservative gun owners into a trap that gets guns banned for all of us.

I support the right to protest. But people need to be smart about it. The consequences of one stupid act at an event like this has potential to have consequences on all gun owners. And the administration is already mad that the last opportunity to restrict gun ownership faded out to fast.
SSGN_Doc is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #84
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Wow again!

Ok... All you "lay down so we don't offend the dictator" guys... PM me so I can get you my address... I mean hell, if your that ready to lay down you may as well send me all your guns now.

At least I'll put up a fight to keep em.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #85
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: the swamp north of The Swamp
Posts: 7,586
Liked 3553 Times on 2005 Posts
Likes Given: 2438

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Just doesn't feel right. Seems like the guy heading this up has a lot if ties to the same interest groups as the administration. Code pink, ANSWER, pro amnesty projects, IVAW.

Seems like the type to lure conservative gun owners into a trap that gets guns banned for all of us.

I support the right to protest. But people need to be smart about it. The consequences of one stupid act at an event like this has potential to have consequences on all gun owners. And the administration is already mad that the last opportunity to restrict gun ownership faded out to fast.

SSSGN_Doc is right. The administration would love to have the

opportunity to paint us all as dangerous, brainless, goons, as they

wipe the egg off their faces. They are currently in a morass of

their own making. Doesn't it seem strange that this clown shows

up on the scene, now? What beneficial timing for them.



Wouldn't they just love to be able to spoon-feed the media

the story of "irresponsible, gun wielding crazies" running around

Washington, DC. Then they would have a perfect excuse to enact

Martial Law, and confiscations would proceed nationwide.


In essence, I think this is a BAD IDEA, because the last thing we

want the current administration to exploit is approval of the public.
therewolf is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:46 AM   #86
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigByrd47119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 3,426
Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Default

Well, its all possible they will try to paint this as dangerous gun owners, but they already paint us that way.

Maybe, just maybe, when this event happens and people see that no guns started shooting themselves at random people, we will reveal Obama as a lier and exaggerator that we all know he is.

Maybe, just maybe, this isnt doomed to fail.

Loc, as I said, the Constitution is a very plain document devoid of a need to be interprited. Anyone attempting to distort its obvious meaning should be laughed at, not given credit.

The SCOTUS was not originally designed with the power of Constitutional Review: that was a self-apointed power grab and nothing less.
__________________
“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun
BigByrd47119 is offline  
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
improvised_prepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 288
Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

My problem with this whole thing is if they somehow make it into DC it's going to be super high tension with a 6# trigger. If someone with bad intentions wants to create chaos with little effort all they need to do is show up like everyone else but when they feel like the time is right they go right ahead and pop off a few shots...

Call me crazy but this doesn't seem like it's a stretch of the imagination, especially lately. I'm all for protest but this is too much risk for the reward (or right)
__________________
We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!
improvised_prepper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

I'm pretty sure a large percentage of Americans did not agree with the Southern Jim Crow laws and considered themselves to be FOR equality... but at the same time felt very uncomfortable with that Dr. King fellow stirring up all the Black folk and vehemently disagreed with the tactics of civil disobedience.

Fast forward 53 years... Now tell me the difference between all those well intensioned whites for equity who would NOT stand up with the civil rights movement and all the 2A supporters here, doing the exact same thing?

Newflash... Our fight is against the same Government sponsored "second class" citizen style laws and propoganda... we are already vilified... we are already
Crazy, Knuckle dragging neandrathals... and no amount playing nice is going to change that.

Dr. Kings tactics worked because they broke stereotypes... America did not see out of control "monkeys" raping white women and attacking Cops... They saw respectable looking Black Americans being set upon by Cops with dogs, clubs, and firehouses...

...and for the first time they questioned "who" the "good guys" really were?

Our fight for equality, our struggle to restore 2A Liberty to where it should be, is no less important and every bit as urgent.

When your opponent is on the ropes, reeling from a stinging defeat, quagmired in a morass of own making, you DO NOT step back and give him room to breath... you DO NOT give him time to regroup... and you DO NOT assign him with power he does NOT posses!

You close in for the kill, figuratively speaking of course. You remind the country of his defeat and rub his nose in it with an act of civil dissobedience JUST LIKE THIS.... and you HOPE TO GOD that he does overeact!

Jesus... I feel like I'm trying to teach tactics 101 to a bunch of third graders.

Tack

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 AM   #89
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
improvised_prepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 288
Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
I'm pretty sure a large percentage of Americans did not agree with the Southern Jim Crow laws and considered themselves to be FOR equality... but at the same time felt very uncomfortable with that Dr. King fellow stirring up all the Black folk and vehemently disagreed with the tactics of civil disobedience.

Fast forward 53 years... Now tell me the difference between all those well intensioned whites for equity who would NOT stand up with the civil rights movement and all the 2A supporters here, doing the exact same thing?

Newflash... Our fight is against the same Government sponsored "second class" citizen style laws and propoganda... we are already vilified... we are already
Crazy, Knuckle dragging neandrathals... and no amount playing nice is going to change that.

Dr. Kings tactics worked because they broke stereotypes... America did not see out of control "monkeys" raping white women and attacking Cops... They saw respectable looking Black Americans being set upon by Cops with dogs, clubs, and firehouses...

...and for the first time they questioned "who" the "good guys" really were?

Our fight for equality, our struggle to restore 2A Liberty to where it should be, is no less important and every bit as urgent.

When your opponent is on the ropes, reeling from a stinging defeat, quagmired in a morass of own making, you DO NOT step back and give him room to breath... you DO NOT give him time to regroup... and you DO NOT assign him with power he does NOT posses!

You close in for the kill, figuratively speaking of course. You remind the country of his defeat and rub his nose in it with an act of civil dissobedience JUST LIKE THIS.... and you HOPE TO GOD that he does overeact!

Jesus... I feel like I'm trying to teach tactics 101 to a bunch of third graders.

Tack

Tack
You assume this is a fair fight.

50+ years ago there weren't any social networks, no cell phones, no exchange of tactics sent from the other side of the world with a few clicks. There weren't foreign threats who's goal was to kill as many Americans as possible and instill fear in our citizens.

There has been and always will be threats to our nation, but back then they couldn't care less if the minority was given equal rights or not. Even if they could thwart the efforts of MLK and end integration it would have no impact on them and ultimately be a waste of their time. Now with the tyrant and his minions wanting to damn near disarm the United States our enemies have a lot to gain if we are thrown into a major conflict (which is very likely if this march goes south) with our own government.

I agree we need to finish our fight but this isn't the way to do it.
__________________
We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Last edited by improvised_prepper; 05-16-2013 at 03:55 AM.
improvised_prepper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #90
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,783
Liked 722 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 868

Default

If we march on DC with loaded weapons, it should be for a coup and not for a demonstration.
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Orlando, FL March 16 & 17 Daoust_Nat Gun Shows 0 03-16-2013 08:10 PM
Million man gun march erobertson Legal and Activism 125 01-10-2013 06:01 PM
Ides of March JoinOrDieSaidBenFranklin Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 10-17-2011 11:56 PM
Armed 11 year old Girl Defends Home from 3 armed Burglars: Armed Citizen mesinge2 Legal and Activism 16 01-14-2011 08:20 PM
2nd amendment march fangus Legal and Activism 0 03-03-2010 11:20 AM