Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

^^Post of the day!^^

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #72
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 905 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Bunch of Nancies!

Tack
Ouch!

It's not he play, it's the player. Dig a bit and a turd appears.

We are going to get our chance, just not by this schmoes actions. I hope.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #73

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Ouch!

It's not he play, it's the player. Dig a bit and a turd appears.

We are going to get our chance, just not by this schmoes actions. I hope.
Sorry Wing... not trying to offend but... if 1k... or 5k... or 10k... Citizens wish to break an unconstitutional law for the purpose of civil disobedience, then WHO ARE WE to question it or cast aspersions?

I just watched a Kokesh interview on this topic and the guy seems pretty reasonable and lucid to me. He clearly stated that it would be a well regulated, peaceful act of civil disobedience, clearly said that if it meets resistance it will turn back, and made it very clear that if authorities try to arrest them, they will peacefully comply.

So... I don't see anyone looking for a fight? I see a guy with an idea that he's willing to get arrested for.

This is the exact same tactic used by civil rights activists in the 60's and it worked then.

2A is a civil right that's being threatened.

...and marching without "the issue at hand", "namely guns", would make about as much sense as a bunch of white kids refusing to go to "the back of bus"...

Just saying... these armed protests have been going on for quite some time... and I would submit that they had as much to do with recent legislative victories as the NRA.

There is also ample video evidence that it's a planned, peaceful, act of civil disobedience... not and invasion of the Capitol... so I'd really like all the sheep to calm down and watch it unfold.

Tack
Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5077 Times on 2888 Posts
Likes Given: 4243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Sorry Wing... not trying to offend but... if 1k... or 5k... or 10k... Citizens wish to break an unconstitutional law for the purpose of civil disobedience, then WHO ARE WE to question it or cast aspersions?

I j

Tack
wow. Could you cite which laws are unconstitutional, and cite the court decisions that declared them unconstitutional???

Since only the courts can rule on the constitutionally of a law, I'd like to read the rulings in those cases.!

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #75

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
wow. Could you cite which laws are unconstitutional, and cite the court decisions that declared them unconstitutional???

Since only the courts can rule on the constitutionally of a law, I'd like to read the rulings in those cases.!
Do your own homework Loc... already wasted 18 months or so trying to educate you and have decided that you my friend... are a lost cause.

Tack
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #76
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 905 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 476

Denying the right to bear arms anywhere in the US is unconstitutional.

Tack, we agree on every corner of Freedom and I would never be presumptuous as to deny anyone their right to assemble, however, I feel our choices must be calculated and Kokesh isn't there IMHO.

We aren't disagreeing on the big pictures motives, just questioning this organizers motives and timing on my part.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #77

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Denying the right to bear arms anywhere in the US is unconstitutional.

Tack, we agree on every corner of Freedom and I would never be presumptuous as to deny anyone their right to assemble, however, I feel our choices must be calculated and Kokesh isn't there IMHO.

We aren't disagreeing on the big pictures motives, just questioning this organizers motives and timing on my part.
This thread started off as a bash against armed protest and the leader was only a side story. If the focus has shifted, so be it.

Loc, the Constitution was never meant to be some ancient cryptic document that scholars would have to pour themselves over to obtain its core meaning. It was a document of the people, one which any man, woman and child could understand. This was not a mistake and was in fact quite by design.

Anyone can, and should, be able to tell if a law is unConstitutional based upon a highschool graduates reading proficency...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #78

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post

This thread started off as a bash against armed protest and the leader was only a side story. If the focus has shifted, so be it.

Loc, the Constitution was never meant to be some ancient cryptic document that scholars would have to pour themselves over to obtain its core meaning. It was a document of the people, one which any man, woman and child could understand. This was not a mistake and was in fact quite by design.

Anyone can, and should, be able to tell if a law is unConstitutional based upon a highschool graduates reading proficency...
Very good point. The courts today don't even much look at the Constitution for a decision, they look at case law of prior verdicts.

NEVER FORGET

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5077 Times on 2888 Posts
Likes Given: 4243

So we just give up on the rule of law. we all "interpret" the constitution according to our own self interests and to hell with everyone else n the country???

If the courts no longer matter, what authority does?? The law of the jungle??

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #80

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
So we just give up on the rule of law. we all "interpret" the constitution according to our own self interests and to hell with everyone else n the country???

If the courts no longer matter, what authority does?? The law of the jungle??
What do the words, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON" mean to you. Very little room for interpatation for the honest person if you ask me. Jmho

NEVER FORGET

BigByrd47119 Likes This