Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #401
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5609 Times on 2774 Posts
Likes Given: 5971

I apologize, I did not mean to equate good with evil (2a Supporters and Muslim extremists), only point out that both are very devout in their beliefs and evil does lurk in all places, I trust very few people to think 10,000+ marchers dont have a few problem children within the ranks.

An armed march in Washington is a perfect place for someone going off the deep end to really make their mark, it would seem to be just too much of a risk for me to participate in it. Marching with Cardboard Weapons would be just as effective.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #402

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #403
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7722 Times on 4458 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPatriot61 View Post
look at this Video and then comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH07jAGcfBU
OK. Here's my comment.

That is one of the strangest videos I have seen on the subject to date. Really now? Posting a video by a sovereign citizen? That is heading over to the opposite side of absurd. Even if Kokesh is a bit over the top, he is sane compared to the SCs I have been acquainted with. I wouldn't even consider marching to their drum.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Cattledog Likes This 
Old 05-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #404
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Well, at least we have some standards and parameters around here.

I'll check with the National Inverted Cookware Association, and

get back to you. Just in case, is there any way to put sunglasses

on these things?
Well normally, when creating uv protection for your wearable cookware, you'll simplu apply some tinted plastic sheeting to the outside of your spec'd eye-holes. A cheap accountant or golfing visor works great for this. I think I saw it on martha stewart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPatriot61 View Post
look at this Video and then comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH07jAGcfBU
Sooo...what? Senator Alabama is saying (through the longest way possible) that the American people still hold power over the government. Although, the power comes from our ability to research laws, which is directly ordained by God. Fascinating. I wouldn't have pegged God to be any lawyer's inspiration...but whatever.

5/10 for the senators rant. He loses points (-3) for taking so long to tell me what I already knew and then confusing the issue (-2) by dragging the almighty directly into DC and getting his robes dirty...For shame, senator.

1/10 for the video itself. It implies some sort of relevant back and forth with the senator and kokesh when it was clearly just a classic smear video taking one side completely out of ...I was going to say context but that's not right. Seriously, I don't know what that was supposed to illustrate. Maybe that some people are incapable of spoof humor. I'm no fan of Kokesh, so I did see that video as a waste of a real opportunity. -5 for conception -3 for wasting my time -1 for the hell of it. :P

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #405
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 137 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Thank you Vikingdad I remembered the incident but not as well as you.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #406
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1747 Times on 995 Posts
Likes Given: 3529

Default Statement from Oathkeepers

This is a statement from Oathkeepers. We have been discussing it all along

Oathkeepers statement on the July 4th march.

http://www.dailypaul.com/286829/oathkeepers-statement-on-the-july-4th-march?page=1

Armed march by Adam Kokesh from the Oathkeepers board of directors ~

James Hanna ~ Oath Keepers does NOT endorse Adam's march. The leadership at Oath Keepers has a wealth of tactical experience, and marching into the enemy's camp, to be captured makes no sense. What is to be accomplished by this action? What could possibly go wrong? These are the questions a responsible leader asks before sending his troops into harm's way. This is either tactical ignorance, or willful endangerment; the latter being the worst of the two choices.

I would say that Adam's choice of the words "Oath Keepers" is no accident. He is VERY familiar with Oath Keepers and our mission. Not only are his tactics questionable, so are his ethics. Not only has he embarrassed himself by announcing a pointless and irresponsible armed march, he has damaged his integrity by using the good name of Oath Keepers to bolster his own agenda.

James Hanna
Oath Keepers
Board of Directors

Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #407
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7722 Times on 4458 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

Thanks BigCountry.

My question in response is to know what the Oathkeepers would suggest instead? In all honesty people like me, the average Joe Citizen, have no idea what to do in order to get our message across. I believe that is what drove Kokesh's decision to announce the March (bolstered by a huge measure of ego on his part).

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #408

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Um, this might be a moot point, but I've been keeping an eye on the planned march. Rumor has it, it was canceled on 5/28.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #409
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1747 Times on 995 Posts
Likes Given: 3529

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithwa3 View Post
Um, this might be a moot point, but I've been keeping an eye on the planned march. Rumor has it, it was canceled on 5/28.
You are correct, from gun wire site who had a link to lefty liberal site:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/wreck-an-amendment-march-gun-nut-cancels-armed-protest-in-washington-dc/

Old 05-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #410
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default Kokesh's new plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
You are correct, from gun wire site who had a link to lefty liberal site:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/wreck-an-amendment-march-gun-nut-cancels-armed-protest-in-washington-dc/
An excerpt from Kokesh's latest "adjustments."

Quote:
A new American revolution is long overdue. This revolution has been brewing in the hearts and minds of the people for many years, but this Independence Day, it shall take a new form as the American Revolutionary Army will march on each state capital to demand that the governors of these 50 states immediately initiate the process of an orderly dissolution of the federal government through secession and reclamation of federally held property. Should one whole year pass from this July 4th while the crimes of this government are allowed to continue, we may have passed the point at which non-violent revolution becomes impossible. The time to sit idly by has passed, to remain neutral is to be complicit, just doing your job is not an excuse, and the line in the sand has been drawn between we the people, and the criminals in Washington, DC. While some timid souls will say that it is too early, that we can solve this problem through democratic means provided by government, that current levels of taxation are reasonable for the services provided, and that the crimes of this government are merely a tolerable nuisance; it may already be too late. While there is risk in drastic action, the greater danger lies in allowing this government to continue unchallenged. So if you are content with the status quo, stay home, get fat, watch the fireworks from a safe distance, and allow this Independence Day to pass like any other. But if you see as we see, and feel as we feel, we will see you on the front lines of freedom on July 4th 2013 for this: The Final American Revolution.
Just, straight up, demand that the federal government be dissolved or a year later the shooting starts? Of course, there's no mention of who specifically would be the target of the NON, non-violent protest. Although there is an ominous tone in "just doing your job is no excuse " that could be directed at LEO's. Beyond that, I'm not sure what he thinks the form of this new revolution should take,( beyond it's a non, non-violent one that requires no voting.) The language has definitely taken a darker turn for no apparent reason. His arrest?

Kokesh has now gone from 2A protest leader to bonafide instigator. It doesn't seem like he's even in the organizing biz anymore. That's beside the fact that actually organizing simultaneous marches in 50 states in 35 freaking days is approaching impossible. So I can't say I'm surprised that he passed the torch on that one. I wonder If he'll be upset enough to do something really stupid when this even larger scheme of his falls through. I wonder what that stupid thing will be and I'm starting to think this guy is approaching the line that demarcates concerning and dangerous.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
otisthecat Likes This