Armed march on dc - Page 40
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #391
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Gotta side with Cattledog on this one Web...

If your "math" worked... we'd have had dozens of gun rally shootings across the country already.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Did you see the pictures of the crazy dark British Muslim Islamic extremist on the tube after he had slashed and murdered an unarmed Military Drummer with legal weapons? The guy was crazed and off the charts freaked! Hes a well known activist but went off the deep end in ways none of us could even imagine doing. What if he had done this in a group of 1000 Muslims Marching in a Rally?

We like to think that all those who would march for a cause as great as our 2A are pure and virtuous like us; lets not be naive, thats fantasy not reality. Do the math, thousands of marchers will include people with less than honorable and sane intent. One skinhead loser whacked out on their own choice of Dain Bramage decides to go Postal and everyone in the F'n Crowd is either dead, wounded, arrested and tagged as "like the Redneck who Gunned Down _______" in that NRA Rally!

I think we need to find another way; they outgun us bigtime and will be well deefended, everyone in the rally would be like a duck on a pond...
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #392
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Did you see the pictures of the crazy dark British Muslim Islamic extremist on the tube after he had slashed and murdered an unarmed Military Drummer with legal weapons? The guy was crazed and off the charts freaked! Hes a well known activist but went off the deep end in ways none of us could even imagine doing. What if he had done this in a group of 1000 Muslims Marching in a Rally?

We like to think that all those who would march for a cause as great as our 2A are pure and virtuous like us; lets not be naive, thats fantasy not reality. Do the math, thousands of marchers will include people with less than honorable and sane intent. One skinhead loser whacked out on their own choice of Dain Bramage decides to go Postal and everyone in the F'n Crowd is either dead, wounded, arrested and tagged as "like the Redneck who Gunned Down _______" in that NRA Rally!

I think we need to find another way; they outgun us bigtime and will be well deefended, everyone in the rally would be like a duck on a pond...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
I fail to see the comparison between a lone british wack-and-hack-job jihadists and 2A supporters. I guess its because Ive noticed the lack of shootings at similar rally's across the country. I also fail to see the math for the same reasons.

It's been done before and the math doesn't "add up" to anything because you're citing a random variable (crazy) as if it were certain. If the math did "add up" there would have been a shooting at every single pro-carry demonstration ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Gotta side with Cattledog on this one Web...

If your "math" worked... we'd have had dozens of gun rally shootings across the country already.

Tack
I agree with Tack and Cattledog, you are so far off base on this one you are out of the park. You just can't compare a couple of whacko Muslims with a bunch of freedom fighters. If you were to make the comparison between those butchers in England to anyone you could compare them to Muslim jihadist protestors in the US. Maybe.

You could better make the comparison with Randy Weaver, or maybe David Koresh. But I would not like them associated with our movement. At least they were 2A freedom fighters to a certain extent. Probably could compare them to Adam Kokesh and he wouldn't mind though.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #393

Liked 3421 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 2405

Okay, the roof is done.

What's a good eyehole size,

in pressure cookers, for bifocals?

Old 05-26-2013, 03:03 AM   #394

Liked 590 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Okay, the roof is done.

What's a good eyehole size,

in pressure cookers, for bifocals?

Well you're gonna want to go with a diameter exactly 192% of the adjusted diameter of your eyeglasses. At least thats the industry standard for pressure cooker eye-holes that I just made up.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Cattledog; 05-26-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #395
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 146 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 167

This is how California started having their gun rights eroded. A bunch of gun toting idiots marched on the State Capitol which at time was legal. The first thing the polititions did was make that illegal. And they haven't stopped passing gun laws since.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #396

Liked 590 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 536

^^^^^

I'd be interested in some citation on that one. Also, DC's anti gun laws (comparable to CA's) are in place so I'm not catching the comparison.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #397

Liked 1144 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I can't read forty pages of posts, but you guys know Adam is in jail, right?

I am for the bill of rights, the amendments guaranteeing my freedoms, the constitution, apple pie, and baseball, but I prefer the way NRA and GOA go about preserving my rights. A loosely gathered people that do not know one another, marching with guns loaded on the capitol just seems rather the opposite of prudent.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #398
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
This is how California started having their gun rights eroded. A bunch of gun toting idiots marched on the State Capitol which at time was legal. The first thing the polititions did was make that illegal. And they haven't stopped passing gun laws since.
Quote:
^^^^^

I'd be interested in some citation on that one. Also, DC's anti gun laws (comparable to CA's) are in place so I'm not catching the comparison.
Armsmaster is correct. The Black Panthers entered the California State Capitol with loaded firearms back in 1967 which directly resulted in legislation outlawing loaded open carry statewide signed into law by Ronald Reagan. More recently in January of 2012 California outlawed most all open carry of handguns as a direct result of the open carry advocates who would stage individual protests- or sometimes small-scale group protests- by unloaded open carrying in public places such as coffee shops. Following that ban, the protestors would open carry unloaded long guns in public, which resulted in a total ban of all open carry (with some exceptions in rural areas where hunting is common) in October or November of 2012.

That having been said, California is a very different animal. I do not think that in this case CA will be leading the rest of the nation in any gun laws. A march in Washington will have a very different effect than the Black Panthers had in 1967. The dynamics were very different back then, the Civil Rights Movement was still very fresh in everybody's minds, and the BPs were getting ahead of themselves in a way that some of them today admit was harmful to their intentions. Some of them have said that the result of their tactics (particularly the use of firearms in their protests) actually caused black-on-black and black-on-white violent crime to increase, specifically in their home town of Oakland CA.

This 2A protest is not racial in any way (I would hope that the turnout would bear this out) so the effects should be very different. That is my hope.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #399

Liked 3421 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 2405

Quote:
Well you're gonna want to go with a diameter exactly 192% of the adjusted diameter of your eyeglasses. At least thats the industry standard for pressure cooker eye-holes that I just made up.
Well, at least we have some standards and parameters around here.

I'll check with the National Inverted Cookware Association, and

get back to you. Just in case, is there any way to put sunglasses

on these things?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #400

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 12

look at this Video and then comment

Shade Likes This