Armed march on dc - Page 39
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #381
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
You sugar coated it. You left out the part about where they burned the unarmed families out of the "tent city" and they shot quite a few people, and it was an UNARMED occupation. Oh sure, I'm sure there were a few arms, but by order of the leadership of the protest, the bonus army was an unarmed protest.
Aw CRAP! I'd hate to see all my pressure cookers and

cardboard get confiscated! They would give it back,

right?

Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #382
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
Breaking the law and forcing an armed confrontation with police is not peaceful assembly and protest.

You don't think DC would go into lock down if this dirtbag and all his skinhead followers showed up headed into DC armed?

I will get involved with a peaceful demonstration in DC about gun laws. To support this racist whack job is just stupid.

I am not concerned about the fed watching thread. Hell There are feds on every gun forum out there. I will say it again I would put a bullet in Kokech head to protect my family in the DC area. You don't eff with my family. If you do think about a starving mad pitbull that is trained to eat people and multiply it by 10.
Yeah , I get that. Well done with the rant. Very frightening. If you've read through the last few pages you may have noticed we're trying to organize an alternative to Kokesh's planned demonstration. You can obviously read, so I won't bore you with details.

I don't think DC will go into lock-down if Kokesh's original plans come to being for the following reasons:
1) Everyone knows it's going to happen
2) The chosen route is over a bridge, the single most easily defended route devised by man
3) Very few, if any are willing to lay down their life for this march on either side
4)There's no reason to put an entire city on lock-down when the threat is still on the outside, can't get in and don't want to die trying to.
5)Governor's, Mayor's and yes even the President may be stupid at times but they aren't hysterical morons.
6) They're coming over a bridge. Stopping an armed march requires maybe five cruisers and a fence. It's called a checkpoint. The marchers are literally, willingly choosing a bottleneck as their point of entry. It doesn't get much easier for law enforcement to contain that. See, #5

Read back a few pages and get on board, we could use some help. No really....like 7 pages. Then come back here and we'll hash it out.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
sputnik1988 Likes This 
Old 05-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #383

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Well, I'm not cutting eyeholes in the pressure cookers, if we

can't make up our minds. Bits are getting expensive, and I've

got a roof to fix.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:24 AM   #384
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Well, I'm not cutting eyeholes in the pressure cookers, if we

can't make up our minds. Bits are getting expensive, and I've

got a roof to fix.
go...fix your roof. We have made up our minds. Get your pressure cooker ...hat or whatever ready.

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #385
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
You sugar coated it. You left out the part about where they burned the unarmed families out of the "tent city" and they shot quite a few people, and it was an UNARMED occupation. Oh sure, I'm sure there were a few arms, but by order of the leadership of the protest, the bonus army was an unarmed protest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

At 4:45 p.m., commanded by Gen. Douglas MacArthur, the 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Howard, Maryland, and the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, supported by six battle tanks commanded by Maj. George S. Patton, formed in Pennsylvania Avenue while thousands of civil service employees left work to line the street and watch. The Bonus Marchers, believing the troops were marching in their honor, cheered the troops until Patton ordered[citation needed] the cavalry to charge them—an action which prompted the spectators to yell, "Shame! Shame!"
Shacks that members of the Bonus Army erected on the Anacostia Flats burning after the confrontation with the military.

After the cavalry charged, the infantry, with fixed bayonets and adamsite gas, an arsenical vomiting agent, entered the camps, evicting veterans, families, and camp followers. The veterans fled across the Anacostia River to their largest camp and President Hoover ordered the assault stopped. However Gen. MacArthur, feeling the Bonus March was an attempt to overthrow the U.S. government, ignored the President and ordered a new attack. Fifty-five veterans were injured and 135 arrested.[11] A veteran's wife miscarried. When 12-week-old Bernard Myers died in the hospital after being caught in the tear gas attack, a government investigation reported he died of enteritis, while a hospital spokesman said the tear gas "didn't do it any good."[15]

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #386
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1357 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Holder might not send in tanks but he will order police to disarm Kokesh and his marchers under any and all public safety statutes he can find, and if he can't find them he'll make them up and let the courts argue for a few years whether it was legal or not. And if they resist they'll be arrested. There is no way Holder will let these dudes march into DC with rifles, loaded or not. You can't tell me Holder has less Nazi in him than Janet Reno.

Kokesh might be banking on a reaction like this to drum up sympathy for 2A, but nothing he does is going to change any minds. The only way something like this could work to the advantage of gun-rights supporters would be if Kokesh and half the people who march with him were African-American.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 05-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #387
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5956 Times on 2946 Posts
Likes Given: 6324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Yeah , I get that. Well done with the rant. Very frightening. If you've read through the last few pages you may have noticed we're trying to organize an alternative to Kokesh's planned demonstration. You can obviously read, so I won't bore you with details.

I don't think DC will go into lock-down if Kokesh's original plans come to being for the following reasons:
1) Everyone knows it's going to happen
2) The chosen route is over a bridge, the single most easily defended route devised by man
3) Very few, if any are willing to lay down their life for this march on either side
4)There's no reason to put an entire city on lock-down when the threat is still on the outside, can't get in and don't want to die trying to.
5)Governor's, Mayor's and yes even the President may be stupid at times but they aren't hysterical morons.
6) They're coming over a bridge. Stopping an armed march requires maybe five cruisers and a fence. It's called a checkpoint. The marchers are literally, willingly choosing a bottleneck as their point of entry. It doesn't get much easier for law enforcement to contain that. See, #5

Read back a few pages and get on board, we could use some help. No really....like 7 pages. Then come back here and we'll hash it out.
Did you see the pictures of the crazy dark British Muslim Islamic extremist on the tube after he had slashed and murdered an unarmed Military Drummer with legal weapons? The guy was crazed and off the charts freaked! Hes a well known activist but went off the deep end in ways none of us could even imagine doing. What if he had done this in a group of 1000 Muslims Marching in a Rally?

We like to think that all those who would march for a cause as great as our 2A are pure and virtuous like us; lets not be naive, thats fantasy not reality. Do the math, thousands of marchers will include people with less than honorable and sane intent. One skinhead loser whacked out on their own choice of Dain Bramage decides to go Postal and everyone in the F'n Crowd is either dead, wounded, arrested and tagged as "like the Redneck who Gunned Down _______" in that NRA Rally!

I think we need to find another way; they outgun us bigtime and will be well deefended, everyone in the rally would be like a duck on a pond...

Old 05-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #388

Liked 4716 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

Quote:
Breaking the law and forcing an armed confrontation with police is not peaceful assembly and protest.

You don't think DC would go into lock down if this dirtbag and all his skinhead followers showed up headed into DC armed?

I will get involved with a peaceful demonstration in DC about gun laws. To support this racist whack job is just stupid.

I am not concerned about the fed watching thread. Hell There are feds on every gun forum out there. I will say it again I would put a bullet in Kokech head to protect my family in the DC area. You don't eff with my family. If you do think about a starving mad pitbull that is trained to eat people and multiply it by 10.
Too bad you don't regard the rights of others as much as your own "perceived" marshal skills...

Ten Pit Bulls! Impressive. Should the Gestapo ever come for you... I'm sure they will be shaking in their collective boots.

So you disagree with his politics... fine... I disagree with much of what the guy says too, but character assassination is the tactic of people who do not see the bigger picture, have no coherent argument, and who's position falls apart under the weight of honest debate. Liberals display this trait every day of the week, an I expect more from our side.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #389

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:

No one is obligated in anyway to follow the DC law against carry since it has already been ruled as unconstitutional. I do support what Kokech is doing simply because it is his RIGHT. While I may not 100% feel that it is a smart thing to do I will not condemn him for exercising his rights in whatever way he chooses. You are no better than Obama and the gun grabbers and as far as I am concerned are a **** poor excuse for an American. Protesting unconstitutional laws is 1 of the most patriotic things you can do. As for that threat you made, you might want to watch what you say on the internet since threats via a computer fall under federal law. BTW no one is scared of an internet warrior.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #390
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Did you see the pictures of the crazy dark British Muslim Islamic extremist on the tube after he had slashed and murdered an unarmed Military Drummer with legal weapons? The guy was crazed and off the charts freaked! Hes a well known activist but went off the deep end in ways none of us could even imagine doing. What if he had done this in a group of 1000 Muslims Marching in a Rally?

We like to think that all those who would march for a cause as great as our 2A are pure and virtuous like us; lets not be naive, thats fantasy not reality. Do the math, thousands of marchers will include people with less than honorable and sane intent. One skinhead loser whacked out on their own choice of Dain Bramage decides to go Postal and everyone in the F'n Crowd is either dead, wounded, arrested and tagged as "like the Redneck who Gunned Down _______" in that NRA Rally!

I think we need to find another way; they outgun us bigtime and will be well deefended, everyone in the rally would be like a duck on a pond...
I fail to see the comparison between a lone british wack-and-hack-job jihadists and 2A supporters. I guess its because Ive noticed the lack of shootings at similar rally's across the country. I also fail to see the math for the same reasons.

It's been done before and the math doesn't "add up" to anything because you're citing a random variable (crazy) as if it were certain. If the math did "add up" there would have been a shooting at every single pro-carry demonstration ever.

People Like This