Armed march on dc - Page 32
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #311
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1163 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Are you saying or expecting the military would use WWII method of waging war on its citizens?
Either I missed the reference to the comment I commented on or you did. I'm pretty sure the comment I commented on was referring to we, the (armed) citizens.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #312
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

The revised Reddit post, Im waiting on advice on where to drop it.

I've been in a couple lengthy debates about this on firearmstalk.com. After about a week, we actually came to a consensus on a few things:

The purpose of the march is valid but the execution is potentially harmful to the cause of second amendment preservation.

Adam Kokesh, while charismatic and well intentioned, should not officially have exclusive control over this event. Leadership comes in many forms and we have no shortage. For the sake of credibility, should that be a concern, new leadership or at least a more inclusive style of it should be utilized.
As for the march itself.

A better way of making a point would be to carry black powder rifles into DC for the following reasons:

a) They aren't legally considered firearms so open carry laws wouldn't be violated and they might actually have a chance at marching through DC instead being stopped at the bridge by law enforcement.
b) It creates a lovely irony, in that many gun-control groups insist (incorrectly) that the second amendment applies only to muskets.
c) It demonstrates that “law abiding gun owners” isn't just a talking point, it's reality and public perception is still a factor and respected.

We are currently attempting to fan out across social media with these ideas, as we believe it would serve the second amendment's cause more thoroughly than simply proving that DC 's open carry ban exists.
Support, criticisms and suggestions are welcome.

,CDftf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I on the other hand am Loyal to God, My Family, and the Constitution... In that order. Loyalty to the Government is a foreign concept to me.

It's not my duty to show loyalty to Government. It's the Governments duty to show loyalty to me...
F**king beautiful. The bold should be printed on the money

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Cattledog; 05-21-2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: typo buggin me. (yes it got fixed before reddit)
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #313

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I really like that CD.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #314

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post

I've been in a couple lengthy debates about this on firearmstalk.com. After about a week, we actually came to a consensus on a few things:

The purpose of the march is valid but the execution is potentially harmful to the cause of second amendment preservation.

Adam Kokesh, while charismatic and well intentioned, should not officially have exclusive control over this event. Leadership comes in many forms and we have no shortage. For the sake of credibility, should that be a concern, new leadership or at least a more inclusive style of it should be utilized.
As for the march itself.

A better way of making a point would be to carry back powder rifles into DC for the following reasons:

a) They aren't legally considered firearms so open carry laws wouldn't be violated and they might actually have a chance at marching through DC instead being stopped at the bridge by law enforcement.
b) It creates a lovely irony, in that many gun-control groups insist (incorrectly) that the second amendment applies only to muskets.
c) It demonstrates that “law abiding gun owners” isn't just a talking point, it's reality and public perception is still a factor and respected.

We are currently attempting to fan out across social media with these ideas, as we believe it would serve the second amendment's cause more thoroughly than simply proving that DC 's open carry ban exists.

,CDftf

That's perfect CD... Great Job. I vote you post it as is.

Tack

Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #315
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1087 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 637

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Either I missed the reference to the comment I commented on or you did. I'm pretty sure the comment I commented on was referring to we, the (armed) citizens.
What military would wage war on a 3 million plus standing force? Without using full out annihilation as the method.

Not going to happen.

Cattledog, I'd sign off as written as well!

Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #316

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog

As for the march itself.

A better way of making a point would be to carry back powder rifles into DC for the following reasons:

,CDftf

Is that an original? If its not than I think we should put that in quotes on his picture! Lol

Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #317
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

link to the reddit post

http://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/1eq442/armed_march_on_dc_alternative/

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #318

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 12

ok guys want this to get out Alex Jones, Chris Green, Colion Noir, and a whole host of others PM them Post on their vids Call them Hell make a video that is what I'm doing

Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #319
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

whoa! welcome to the party TexasPatriot. Love the enthusiasm. Don't forget to visit the intro thread for your lovins!

People Like This 
Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #320

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
whoa! welcome to the party TexasPatriot. Love the enthusiasm. Don't forget to visit the intro thread for your lovins!
My original comment post on you tube was to mach as the Patriots did in 1776 with the muskets it would make a bigger impact and be legal since the Govt considers them as non weapons!! tell that to the British back in 1776!! anyways could add some frills to the mix with fife and drum and the flag bearers!! I like all the ideas that have and are being brought up. just keep hammering away and we will have a 1776 march July 4th 2013