Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #301
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Loc... I'm still smack dab in the middle of raising a family with children ages 21, 17, 4, and 2... and yes, all with the same wife of 22 years.

I'm the last guy who wishes to see a shooting war... 6 years of Light Infantry Service means that unlike some... I do know EXACTLY what horrors that possibility entails...

Unlike some... I only took Government Orders for 6 years, left the Military as an Honorably Discharged Disabled Veteran, got an education, and am capable of individual thought.

I also understand the basic principle that governs all bullies, whether there on the "play ground" or on the streets... the only way you dissuade them is by bloodying there nose...

Do me a favor and rewind your memory bank about 60 years to grade schools. Remember that one kid that never "had" to fight? He was a wrestler, or a boxer, or perhaps studied martial arts... He was not pushy... was not a dick... certainly was not a bully... yet... the bullies made a VERY WIDE PATH around him because they knew damn well that not only would he defend himself... he'd defend others if violence was visited upon them in his presence.

Remember that kid... that kid is TACK... only about 20 years after you were in grade school... so please... don't paint me as looking for violence or looking to shoot anyone... quite the opposite.

I understand that the only way we STOP a violent revolution is by convincing the Government to STOP pissing on the Constitution and convincing LEO's and Soldiers that in a fight against US Citizens... they are hopelessly outnumbered, hopelessly outmatched, and would be wise to end the revolution, "should it happen", as quickly as possible, by laying down there Government weapons and heading home to secure there own families.

Honestly... I don't expect you to "get" any of this... Frankly this level of thought is above your pay grade. But I do appreciate your insulting comments giving me the avenue to share these ideas with others.

Tack
Well said and I completely concur.

Only differences between you and I are 18 years of marriage as of today.
Two Boys 14 and 10, and my 6 years were in the USN.
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy


Last edited by Shade; 05-20-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #302
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,899
Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Well said and I completely concur.

Only differences between you and I are 18 years of marriage as of today.
Two Boys 14 and 10, and my 6 years were in the USN.
Good to know Shade... 15 years ago I'd have had some smart azz comment about the Navy but maturity is a funny thing... sort of creeps up on us.

I now value and respect all service... don't care if someone was a Seal or Cook for the Coast Guard.

Anyone who raised there right hand and swore the oath worth a check to the American People for an amount up to, and including there life... and that is to be respected regardless of Branch or MOS.

Thank you for your Service.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #303
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,621
Liked 1037 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Fixed fer ya.

I'll take 1%, it will be the largest standing force on the planet. However your misguided calculations are off.

Are you not a Veteran of the Vietnam War loc?
Yes, we would have the largest standing army on the planet... Without things like body armor, NVG's, automatic weapons, explosives, advanced medical treatment with supporting equipment and personnel, FH encrypted radios, satellite reconnaissance, armored vehicles, aviation assets of any kind, crew served weapons of any kind, and a command and control structure of any kind.

None of that stuff was acquired by our military overnight, or even in a few months or years.

But hey, it's working out fabulously for the Taliban... That's probably why they have their rear ends handed to them any time they decide to engage in a firefight with our forces operating in their country... on the other side of the world.

I'm sure logistics and transportation will be an absolute nightmare for the US military when all they have to do to replace personnel or equipment is to make a phone call to a local base commander to have him send assets a few miles down the road.
__________________
kbd512 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #304
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I still got jokes about the Navy....
But they're all in jest. Guess who Marines call when they get hurt?

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #305
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
eatmydust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 3,444
Liked 2660 Times on 1547 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

Default

Why do I get the feeling that if push actually did come to shove all of you guys would have each others' backs?

Is it just me?

__________________

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

eatmydust is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #306
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,093
Liked 5502 Times on 3116 Posts
Likes Given: 4780

Default

Well Tack, I've worn two different uniforms and taken two slightly different oaths.

I am a loyal American citizen, and will stand ready to to take up arms against all enemies of this country until the day I die. whether those enemies be foreign troops/.terrorists, or home grown traitors/revolutionaries.

I believe in the constitution, and the electoral process. Even when my side loses the election.

Do not ever believe that you hate Obama any more than I do. But he was elected by the majority of the American people, and if I am going to be a loyal American I have no choice but to accept the votes of the majority of the American people. And until the next election, he is our president. Mine and YOURS!

It's our fault he's president. We didn't work hard enough to defeat him.

But I have enough faith in the United States of America, to believe that whatever temporary problems we have can be overcome by Constitutional means. The ballot box and the SCOTUS. The way the FF set it up.

__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 05-20-2013 at 08:01 PM.
locutus is offline  
kbd512 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #307
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
StainlessSteel215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 821
Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default

Tack I made a post a few pages ago similar to your last one regarding family & priorities. I agree. I just dont know in my heart if this point in time is my line in the sand to potentially put it all on the line and join the march. That line could turn into a firing line. Call me yellow, but I know my capabilities and priorities and with 2 girls under age 3 they need a smart father...not a dead one....or one slapped with a $10k fine and turned broke overnight

I also respect the speak softly and carry a big stick ideology. It takes you far in life.

I just see more harm than good coming from this armed march

__________________
StainlessSteel215 is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #308
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WNGMSTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: HillJack Commons
Posts: 1,200
Liked 997 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 554

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Yes, we would have the largest standing army on the planet... Without things like body armor, NVG's, automatic weapons, explosives, advanced medical treatment with supporting equipment and personnel, FH encrypted radios, satellite reconnaissance, armored vehicles, aviation assets of any kind, crew served weapons of any kind, and a command and control structure of any kind.

None of that stuff was acquired by our military overnight, or even in a few months or years.

But hey, it's working out fabulously for the Taliban... That's probably why they have their rear ends handed to them any time they decide to engage in a firefight with our forces operating in their country... on the other side of the world.

I'm sure logistics and transportation will be an absolute nightmare for the US military when all they have to do to replace personnel or equipment is to make a phone call to a local base commander to have him send assets a few miles down the road.
Are you saying or expecting the military would use WWII method of waging war on its citizens?
__________________
WNGMSTR is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #309
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
beastmode986's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 966
Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default

I messaged the guy on youtube who had the idea, he said that he made an account on here his name is TexasPatriot61.

__________________
Lord, Make me fast and Accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.
beastmode986 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #310
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,899
Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Well Tack, I've worn two different uniforms and taken two slightly different oaths.

I am a loyal American citizen, and will stand ready to to take up arms against all enemies of this country until the day I die. whether those enemies be foreign troops/.terrorists, or home grown traitors/revolutionaries.

I believe in the constitution, and the electoral process. Even when my side loses the election.

Do not ever believe that you hate Obama any more than I do. But he was elected by the majority of the American people, and if I am going to be a loyal American I have no choice but to accept the votes of the majority of the American people. And until the next election, he is our president. Mine and YOURS!

It's our fault he's president. We didn't work hard enough to defeat him.

But I have enough faith in the United States of America, to believe that whatever temporary problems we have can be overcome by Constitutional means. The ballot box and the SCOTUS. The way the FF set it up.
Loc... I appreciate and respect your service, both Military and LEO... but your second sentence sums up our differences perfectly with the phase "Loyal American". I've no doubt you are a Loyal American.

I on the other hand am Loyal to God, My Family, and the Constitution... In that order. Loyalty to the Government is a foreign concept to me.

It's not my duty to show loyalty to Government. It's the Governments duty to show loyalty to me... by adhering to the Constitution, protecting my God given liberty, and executing only the duties within it's scope with only the power expressly granted to it within the Constitution or added to it via Constitutional Amendment.

Everything else it does is beyond it's scope, and the Constitution is written in plain english... I don't need 9 black robes to help me understand it.

This is not about Obama... Bush was just as guilty... as was Klinton, and Bush 1, and yes... even dear old Ronnie Ray Gun... and every other POTUS going back to the turn of last Century. Hell, we'd have to backtrack to Calvin Coolidge to find the last President who actually observed or understood the BOR.

This difference between you and I, like it or not, is a difference shared by far more Americans than you'd like to admit... and it's why this Nation WILL eventually see a violent revolt UNLESS we use the ballot box to dismantle this un-holly machine known as the Federal Government.

Our Leaders also know that my words are the truth. They know when the music stops... and the bill comes due... Americans will come looking for their heads.

I hope that I am wrong... I hope that the abuses stop and that we all decide we can live with the system we have as we slowly unwind the damage legislated over the last several decades... but I don't pretend to control a population of over 300 million...and I'm not holding my breath.

Tack
__________________

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-20-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Orlando, FL March 16 & 17 Daoust_Nat Gun Shows 0 03-16-2013 08:10 PM
Million man gun march erobertson Legal and Activism 125 01-10-2013 06:01 PM
Ides of March JoinOrDieSaidBenFranklin Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 10-17-2011 11:56 PM
Armed 11 year old Girl Defends Home from 3 armed Burglars: Armed Citizen mesinge2 Legal and Activism 16 01-14-2011 08:20 PM
2nd amendment march fangus Legal and Activism 0 03-03-2010 11:20 AM