Armed march on dc - Page 30
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #291
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Sorry Guys... Been a busy Sunday.

Ok, I thought CD's post/review for Reddit was great but I do agree with Viking about toning it down toward Kokesh. It was his idea and we will be talking to folks who do follow him so the "gentler" hand suggested by Viking should be used.

I would not bring up "permitting" the march or any other concerns about traffic, politeness, Ect.... Bending over for "permission" from thez Government sort of eliminates any aspect of Civil "Dis" Obededience.

I understand the urge to show ourselves as "law abiding" but taking non modern muskets accomplishes that without looking a buch of Nancies who won't cross the street without prior Government approval.

Any attempt to speak constructively with the Kokesh, liberty or death OC crowd must recognize that they ALL already think that only a ***** asks permission to carry a CCW.

In short... Understand the motivation of your OC audience and don't speak down to them like many, many, of us have here at FTF. Stick to the "black powder" suggestion only as symbolic means to accomplish there goals without the risk of catching a felony.

Tack
Tack- in my rush to get that posted I left out the key parts highlighted in red. My apologies. (thanks for the support)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Also, what would it take to obtain a permit for a protest? Perhaps it would not be on July 4th 2013, but why not have a permitted protest? What is involved in obtaining a permit to march in Washington DC? I believe that there is a slew of other problems with Kokesh's plan. Walking across the Potomac would undoubtedly involve obstructing traffic on a major artery into the city. There has to be a few laws against that. Marching along sidewalks and through the streets of Washington itself would undoubtedly cause traffic blockages and the police would respond by ordering us to break it up and disperse. Refusing to do so is a crime. This is only a couple of the things off the top of my head I can think of.

On the other hand, that having been said, a true act of civil disobedience will be the more effective route- meaning no permits. Any arrests that result will not be automatic felonies as they would be if you are carrying a loaded (not BP) rifle. I would be willing to risk an arrest for civil disobedience, failure to disperse, assembling without a permit (wait, isn't freedom of assembly covered in the Constitution?- but I digress).

For it to be a successful act of civil disobedience all of these concerns and more of them must be addressed in some way or another. The planning must be perfect. Maybe have several contingents ready to march from different directions (this would require lots of protestors), and any groups that are directed to disperse would do so and then re-form with other groups in another quarter. Electronic media would be of paramount importance. Provisions should be made for them to be jamming our cell phones etc.. GMRS radios, FRS radios, Ham radio, all of these would be helpful to have in order to fall back on (police radios work on frequencies close to the rest of them, so it is more difficult to jam them).
And now for my fresher thoughts before I get off to work: Having a mixed crowd there, some with rifles and some with BP muskets, is inherently more risky as it could lead to unintended violence if some douchebag gets an itchy trigger finger. But it would be a powerful message. Perhaps that is the risk we must take. Maybe the musket brigade would assemble in a different quarter and approach the city from a different direction? I am not too familiar with the geography around the city, but would this make sense? Rather than assembling at Arlington and crossing the Potomac, maybe assembling elsewhere and coming across a different bridge?

Old 05-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #292
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The time for revolt takes place when they attack us, not when a calendar date rolls around and we have a march planned.

Keep your powder dry, and remain vigilante.

Except for a few exceptions, the feds have not attacked the people, they have just over taxed us, and grown big and fat ridding on our backs.

Exceptions where the feds can arguably be said to have attacked the people, most times has been staged to look like fringe nut jobs were attacking them. These events were staged to pull together even more power and control. JFK, from 50 years ago, right up to the Texas fertilizer plant missile strike, have all been staged events to sheeple the people into slaughter pens, to control them.

These small attacks, let us know the big one is coming and coming soon, because the small attacks are coming more.often, and with more follow up sweeps where they look like they come into help. Look at Boston. That was martial law. Complete control of millions of people, over two pressure cookers. Who really planted those bombs? That is the big question. The answer does not look good, if your trust in big brother is where you sleep best.
Maybe one day they'll get around to adding the "like" feature to the Droid app. Until I get to a computer, consider this my "like".

Old 05-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #293

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Total, utter, absolute bullsh!t. You will not find a single lawyer or judge that agrees with that. The only legal interpretation of the constitution is that rendered by the SCOTUS.

That is also the opinion of 99 percent of the general population.
Hmm... So when the IRS announces that they must confiscate a percentage of "everyones" retirement accounts to avoid "fiscal insolvency" and the 9 black robes of the supreme court side with them... You'll be ok with that... Right?

... and when Wyoming is forced to cut the Government Pension they promised you, that you served your community 40 years to earn... You'll be alright with that too... Right?

Already happened in Cyprus thought it was scaled back from 10% of everyones money to a larger percentage from the wealthy... for the sake of "class warfare you know"...

We understand you've live a sheltered life in a conservative leaning state with a "minuscule" population Loc... but eventually the "powers" that you so revere... will choose to take something YOU DO CARE ABOUT.

Tack

Old 05-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Tack- in my rush to get that posted I left out the key parts highlighted in red. My apologies. (thanks for the support)

And now for my fresher thoughts before I get off to work: Having a mixed crowd there, some with rifles and some with BP muskets, is inherently more risky as it could lead to unintended violence if some douchebag gets an itchy trigger finger. But it would be a powerful message. Perhaps that is the risk we must take. Maybe the musket brigade would assemble in a different quarter and approach the city from a different direction? I am not too familiar with the geography around the city, but would this make sense? Rather than assembling at Arlington and crossing the Potomac, maybe assembling elsewhere and coming across a different bridge?
Your Welcome Viking...

Depending on the turnout... I don't know that there is any way to control the "type" of arms carried. Certainly some will show with guns that do fall under regulation and if there committed I do not see a way to dissuade them... and don't think we should.

They understand the risk.

I do think it would be wise of Kokesh to endorse the "BP" idea and carry one himself... Once it been "accepted by leadership", I think the majority will say "whew"... I might not catch a felony after all... and leave the modern guns at home.

I'm also not really concerned about someone "popping off" a round to "start something". I understand Kokesh and his supporters have made some heated comments and I'm no expert on him, or everything he's said or believes... but I do know that running ones mouth... and having the balls to discharge a firearm in a manner that very well could draw incoming gun fire... are two VERY different things.

Anyone who marches will be worried enough about cops on horses riding into them... tear gas... night sticks... and taser's... Once in the middle of it, I don't see anyone reaching for a trigger.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-20-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #295
Troll Scout

Liked 1205 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

We understand you've live a sheltered life in a conservative leaning state with a "minuscule" population Loc... but eventually the "powers" that you so revere... will choose to take something YOU DO CARE ABOUT.

Tack
It will never be admitted, if he is a Veteran he has been taken from more than the average citizen. Blind absolute faith and trust in this govt. can only lead to one conclusion.

My work has recently taken me accross the country, struck up alot of conversations and I will tell you loc is a minority of epic proportion. Fact. They are afraid of this govt. and what appears to be inevitable.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
It will never be admitted, if he is a Veteran he has been taken from more than the average citizen. Blind absolute faith and trust in this govt. can only lead to one conclusion.

My work has recently taken me accross the country, struck up alot of conversations and I will tell you loc is a minority of epic proportion. Fact. They are afraid of this govt. and what appears to be inevitable.
I believe he's stated before that he's a "retired LEO" and his avatar indicates Wyoming... which is a beautiful state but HARDLY representative of the lifestyle and experiences of most of the population... and NOTHING like what's experienced in the Countries large urban areas.

I can understand how a person spending there entire life and career in a State Like Wyoming could hold his views... but he's computer savvy enough to communicate here... so the inability to see and believe what happens outside his little bubble is a bit confusing?

Like I said... Eventually the Government will go after something he does care about... and the tune will change. Personally... I'm looking forward to it.

Tack

Old 05-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #297
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7640 Times on 4204 Posts
Likes Given: 7364

Tack, you're just salivating at the thought of a shooting war.

If it ever comes to that, you'll find out that you America hating conspiracy guys are around one percent of the national population.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 05-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #298

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

If it ever comes to that, you'll find out that you America hating conspiracy guys are around one percent of the national population.
I think you may just discover how outrageously full of **** you really are.
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #299
Troll Scout

Liked 1205 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 736

Quote:

If it ever comes to that, you'll find out that you American Constitutionalist guys are around one percent of the national population.
Fixed fer ya.

I'll take 1%, it will be the largest standing force on the planet. However your misguided calculations are off.

Are you not a Veteran of the Vietnam War loc?

Old 05-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #300

Quote:

Loc... I'm still smack dab in the middle of raising a family with children ages 21, 17, 4, and 2... and yes, all with the same wife of 22 years.

I'm the last guy who wishes to see a shooting war... 6 years of Light Infantry Service means that unlike some... I do know EXACTLY what horrors that possibility entails...

Unlike some... I only took Government Orders for 6 years, left the Military as an Honorably Discharged Disabled Veteran, got an education, and am capable of individual thought.

I also understand the basic principle that governs all bullies, whether there on the "play ground" or on the streets... the only way you dissuade them is by bloodying there nose...

Do me a favor and rewind your memory bank about 60 years to grade schools. Remember that one kid that never "had" to fight? He was a wrestler, or a boxer, or perhaps studied martial arts... He was not pushy... was not a dick... certainly was not a bully... yet... the bullies made a VERY WIDE PATH around him because they knew damn well that not only would he defend himself... he'd defend others if violence was visited upon them in his presence.

Remember that kid... that kid is TACK... only about 20 years after you were in grade school... so please... don't paint me as looking for violence or looking to shoot anyone... quite the opposite.

I understand that the only way we STOP a violent revolution is by convincing the Government to STOP pissing on the Constitution and convincing LEO's and Soldiers that in a fight against US Citizens... they are hopelessly outnumbered, hopelessly outmatched, and would be wise to end the revolution, "should it happen", as quickly as possible, by laying down there Government weapons and heading home to secure there own families.

Honestly... I don't expect you to "get" any of this... Frankly this level of thought is above your pay grade. But I do appreciate your insulting comments giving me the avenue to share these ideas with others.

Tack
People Like This