Armed march on dc - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

2nd Amendment protects right the bear arms...

Unconstitutional law prohibiting said right...

2nd Amendment centered forum advocates FOR said law...

Im fine with him and his fellows doing what they would like as long as it does not bring harm to others. Looks like a good way to raise a challange on the question of said law(s) Constitutionality.

To not roll over is to be labeled someone deserving of gitmo? I see where you stand on inalienable, God given, rights, and I am sad for it...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This 
Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Obama and co. would jump at an excuse to declare martial law. It would put gun owners in a negative light all over the world, and may be intentionally misconstrued as an act of revolution. It would be suicidal for the 2A.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1959 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 4146

This is from you tube poster, advice is not to go to this. One shot from either side will spell disaster. As discussion from other 2 pages, this has the making of a setup.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Amen. Unfortunately, there will always be a small group of people who ignore logic, who remain ignorant of the whole picture, and will constitute an unruly mob of belligerent clowns who will go stomping into oblivion. There will be those who daily fantasize about being a "hero" to their imaginary fan club. It would really be a positive thing for the NRA to make a serious effort to discourage this before a few fools give Washington the excuse they are looking for.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #25

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Obama and co. would jump at an excuse to declare martial law. It would put gun owners in a negative light all over the world, and may be intentionally misconstrued as an act of revolution. It would be suicidal for the 2A.
Why then should we cower from a tyrannical government? Any government willing to subvert the rights of their citizens for gain in power cannot be described as anything less. We should not be afraid to exercise our rights! Why is everyone running from the 2nd Amendment like a scolded dog all of a sudden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
This is from you tube poster, advice is not to go to this. One shot from either side will spell disaster. As discussion from other 2 pages, this has the making of a setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ5WQ0pe8AA
I wonder how many protests take place every day and no one ever gets shot? MILLIONS of guns didnt kill anyone yesterday...perhaps they have had a change of heart and will now, since they are in the District of Columbia, begin shooting at random?

This is sounding more and more like the ravings of conspiracy theorists...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This 
Old 05-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If you disagree with a law, such as the banning of guns in DC, you can protest it, you can fight for legislation to negate the offending law, you can demonstrate against it. But to carry on an armed march where it is illegal to carry a gun, is not a sign of great intellect, nor of good moral fiber. It would likely result in many of the marchers being arrested, convicted of a felony, and therefore stripped of their rights to own guns, vote, and other rights they will have enjoyed before the fiasco. And if it gets rough, try to remember that an unorganized mob carrying 9MM Glocks and AR-15's will not fare well against tanks, armored personnel carriers, full auto machine guns, tear gas, etc.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 05-13-2013 at 05:33 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #27

Liked 15 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadecorp View Post
One time I am glad I live in Calif.
Any nut that marches in this should be sent to Gitmo.
Seriously? You're going to advocate for denying citizens of their basic human rights without due process for trying to stand up for their second amendment rights? Even Obama ought to stand trial when he breaks the law.

Comments like these shake my belief that there is any real difference between us and the gun-grabbers. It's just sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
If you disagree with a law, such as the banning of guns in DC, you can protest it, you can fight for legislation to negate the offending law, you can demonstrate against it. But to carry on an armed march where it is illegal to carry a gun, is not a sign of great intellect, nor of good moral fiber.
Civil disobedience (which includes breaking the law) has been an effective form of protest in the past, and I've seen MANY people post on this site referring to acts of civil disobedience in a very positive light. But all of the sudden there us absolutely NO excuse for breaking an unconstitutional law?

I'm not saying this march is a great idea, but there seems to be some inconsistency here. Maybe some of us should take a closer look at why we're being so critical of this march....
Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #28

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I think it would be a great idea if someone more level headed was running the ****.

As for those of you saying that anyone who marches in this should go to gitmo, you are no better than the gun grabbers. To many people on here sound just like the ****ing gun grabbers in basically saying " I have no problem with 2A rights as long as you do it my way". That is what your saying when you jump all over any instance of open carry. This is what the gun grabbers want is us infighting, how about instead you shut the **** up and support everyone's 2A rights and the right to exercise it in any way that is legal.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by epleyjoseph View Post
I'm not saying this march is a great idea, but there seems to be some inconsistency here. Maybe some of us should take a closer look at why we're being so critical of this march....
Just for kicks...and before you guys run full circle.

The last thread on this goes a couple different directions. Maybe the ones you're looking for.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/if-you-didnt-like-guy-jc-penny-w-ar-youre-gonna-hate-idea-90095/index5.html

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The more I think about this, those guys should do their march BUT remove their firearms bolts and magazines, to show them as OBVIOUSLY (to the cameras) safe. That way, any shooting should be on the shoulders of others.

I hope they don't get robbed in the District of Corruption.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This