Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #151
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

There comes a time when a cornered animal will fight even when it knows it can't win. I say there is nothing wrong with making the bear work for its supper when YOU are on the menu.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #152

Liked 139 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 41

This reminds me of the provocative actions some of the California open carriers took. They marched with their weapons unloaded as required just to cause a stir and get a youtube video up. Look how that worked out.

I think it is a bad idea. Nothing against a peaceful demonstration but there is NO need to have loaded weapons there to make the point. If it goes off without a hitch and the Police do not get involved there will be zero coverage on the mainstream media. If it all ends up in disaster then it will be all over the news and we will be back to square one fighting against further gun controls.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #153

Liked 4566 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
This reminds me of the provocative actions some of the California open carriers took. They marched with their weapons unloaded as required just to cause a stir and get a youtube video up. Look how that worked out.

I think it is a bad idea. Nothing against a peaceful demonstration but there is NO need to have loaded weapons there to make the point. If it goes off without a hitch and the Police do not get involved there will be zero coverage on the mainstream media. If it all ends up in disaster then it will be all over the news and we will be back to square one fighting against further gun controls.
We will be back to "square one"... as you put it... fighting off further gun controls... as soon as the next FRUIT CAKE opens fire.

The definition of "insanity" is... Continuing to do the same thing, over and over, expecting a different result.

The Nation is NOT the State of California... and personally... I think it's about time we went on the offensive, pushing pro gun legislation in the House while protesters are marching in the streets.

Tack

Old 05-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #154

Liked 79 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Anything that remotely sounds like a gun shot will spark the next Civil War very easily. I'm not saying this a good or bad idea.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #155
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 947 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr View Post
Anything that remotely sounds like a gun shot will spark the next Civil War very easily. I'm not saying this a good or bad idea.
We are here at this moment in time, the American Experiment will soon be defined again. It doesn't need to be cumbersome, but we should be ready to clean the house afterwards.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #156
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 956 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
No one is suggesting an armed conflict... It's simply an act of Civil Disobedience... and sharing your "over rated" appreciation for the power of our Government does not lend wight to your argument.

I hate to break out the math lessons... again... but it appears necessary... again.

Standing U.S. Military Forces = 1.3 Million... now recognize that it takes 3 support pukes for every single "trigger puller"... and your down to a combat effective force of 325,000.00 operators of rifles, tanks, ships, and aircraft.

Standing U.S. Law Enforcement "both State and Federal" = 1 Million... now apply the same math to separate "effective" trigger pullers, I.E. street cops and SWAT from the support pukes, and you come to 250,000.

That's a trained fighting force of roughly 575,000 ASSUMING we abandoned the rest of the planet and focused 100% of Government resources on suppressing an armed revolution against a population that exceeds 300 MILLION...

80 TO 100 MILLION OF WHICH OWN GUNS!

4 TO 5 MILLION OF WHICH HAVE MILITARY TRAINING!

Now... account for the LEO and Military "defections" from honorable Cops and Soldiers who WOULD NOT FIRE on US Citizens... and to be "realistic... assume that only 6% of the "gun owning" population would actively engage in the fight, "historical reality from out first revolution"...

...you come to numbers in the range of 500,000 uniformed thugs attempting to subjugate some 6 million untraceable patriots... unidentifiable until they choose to strike... across a land mass some 3.7 MILLION SQUARE MILES... Yeah... Find me a General at the Pentagon who wants "that fight".

Our GOOBERMINT... despite unlimited funding and the best trained and equipped military the world has ever seen... was INCAPABLE of subduing the Viet Cong, is still incapable of subduing the Taliban, and only found a measure of peace in Iraq because we decided to PAY the insurgents better than Al Quida did...

...and you reach the conclusion that ANY attempt to subjugate the US population "by force" is a NO WIN situation for the GOVERNMENT.

Don't believe that? I'm no fan of Christopher Dorner... but 1 man "off his rocker" and looking for revenge managed to tie up the majority of California Law Enforcement for over a week with no more that a couple of shootings and a facebook post.

This information is in no way meant to be a "call to arms"... on the contrary... it is intended to help everyone understand that fearing our Government makes about as much sense as fearing the "boogy man".

Overstating Government Power to justify "doing nothing"... or bashing other because they are willing to "do something"... while claiming to support liberty, yet knowing very little about which you speak, is counter productive to say the least... and plays right into the oppressors hands.

Not trying to be rude... but Hollywood BS like "CSI"...and ..."Enemy of the State"... are just that... Hollywood BS...

Our Government is both financially... and morally BANKRUPT... and if you could get them to be honest... they would admit that they know these numbers to be true... and that the ONLY WAY they maintain power is with the CONSENT of the American People.

So... please stop with the "invincible gooberment boogy man hooey"!

Tack
Tack,

I think you need to go back and read some accounts of what happened to the Viet Cong, in their own words.

Our politicians decided to give up in Viet Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan because it wasn't worth the backlash from the American public or the money spent. I can't think of a single instance where the Viet Cong was bombed, strafed, naped, or ambushed and won. The media are the ones who blather about how we can't win wars. Our soldiers defeated the best trained, equipped, and armed military twice in less than 50 years. You're welcome to your own opinion of events, but we were in no way defeated in any of those countries.

Apparently you're unaware of current military facial recognition technology, like making ID's on people from several miles away or even from orbit. You can believe that you are anonymous, but those of us who know otherwise know that there are places in Maryland with football field after football field of computers that monitor everything. That motto, "In God we trust, all others we monitor", is not a slogan it's the absolute truth.

If only small arms are considered, how many heavy machine guns, mortars, or rockets do you have?

Unlike in Iraq or Afghanistan where every Abdul and his brother has an AK-47 and RPG's, we don't have a lot of that in circulation here that's not in the hands of the federal troops you would be fighting against.

Since you were in the infantry, I assume you've seen the results of at least one run from a gunship. Have many Stingers collecting dust?

Are you planning on swimming to any Navy ships you'd contend with or fighting against an aircraft carrier in a dinghy? I'm pretty sure you won't be taking over any of those.

Irrespective of the amount of resources used to kill Christopher Dorner, he's still dead. You must have also forgotten the part where LAPD opened up on average civilians going about their normal daily routine. I guess you're willing to sacrifice your neighbors so you can commit your act of civil disobedience. I am not.

Define "winning" with respect to government confiscation of privately owned firearms. Who "wins" in that situation? Mr. "still winning"? Seriously, who? All some dope has to do is fire a shot, not even directed at law enforcement, and the headlines will read "Gun Nuts Open Fire on Police at Second Amendment DC March".

Don't expect a lot of support for the idea that we need to march up to the President's house with the proverbial torches and pitchforks to get our message across. Since no legislation has yet been passed by the federal government further restricting second amendment rights, I find it rather odd that we need to "put them on notice". Let's do that by voting the bastards out of office, not showing up at their doorstep with our rifles.

Why is the last option always the first option, Tack? Maybe you don't see it that way, but I guarantee that they do.

Last edited by kbd512; 05-17-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #157

We beat Germany and Japan "because" they were standing Armies and because we NUKED the Japanese Emperor in to telling his people to accept occupation.

Had we not NUKED Japan... we'd still be trying to "pacify" that island nation.

There is no correlation between our success in WWII and the first Gulf War where we faced a uniformed enemy, and our subsequent failures to find victory over any indigenous population we've tried to subdue.

Invading Armies have never, can not now, and will never be able to subdue any indigenous population unless that population chooses to submit. PERIOD.

Now... Log into your little NSA data base... track my transmission... zoom in your satellite... and tell me what color shirt I'm wearing today!

Pull that off... and I might give your little "uber spy" tale some credence.

Let me know if you need Will Smith's phone number.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Tack,

I think you need to go back and read some accounts of what happened to the Viet Cong, in their own words.

Our politicians decided to give up in Viet Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan because it wasn't worth the backlash from the American public or the money spent. I can't think of a single instance where the Viet Cong was bombed, strafed, naped, or ambushed and won. The media are the ones who blather about how we can't win wars. Our soldiers defeated the best trained, equipped, and armed military twice in less than 50 years. You're welcome to your own opinion of events, but we were in no way defeated in any of those countries.

Apparently you're unaware of current military facial recognition technology, like making ID's on people from several miles away or even from orbit. You can believe that you are anonymous, but those of us who know otherwise know that there are places in Maryland with football field after football field of computers that monitor everything. That motto, "In God we trust, all others we monitor", is not a slogan it's the absolute truth.

If only small arms are considered, how many heavy machine guns, mortars, or rockets do you have?

Unlike in Iraq or Afghanistan where every Abdul and his brother has an AK-47 and RPG's, we don't have a lot of that in circulation here that's not in the hands of the federal troops you would be fighting against.

Since you were in the infantry, I assume you've seen the results of at least one run from a gunship. Have many Stingers collecting dust?

Are you planning on swimming to any Navy ships you'd contend with or fighting against an aircraft carrier in a dinghy? I'm pretty sure you won't be taking over any of those.

Irrespective of the amount of resources used to kill Christopher Dorner, he's still dead. You must have also forgotten the part where LAPD opened up on average civilians going about their normal daily routine. I guess you're willing to sacrifice your neighbors so you can commit your act of civil disobedience. I am not.

Define "winning" with respect to government confiscation of privately owned firearms. Who "wins" in that situation? Mr. "still winning"? Seriously, who? All some dope has to do is fire a shot, not even directed at law enforcement, and the headlines will read "Gun Nuts Open Fire on Police at Second Amendment DC March".

Don't expect a lot of support for the idea that we need to march up to the President's house with the proverbial torches and pitchforks to get our message across. Since no legislation has yet been passed by the federal government further restricting second amendment rights, I find it rather odd that we need to "put them on notice". Let's do that by voting the bastards out of office, not showing up at their doorstep with our rifles.

Why is the last option always the first option, Tack? Maybe you don't see it that way, but I guarantee that they do.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #158

Liked 139 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

We will be back to "square one"... as you put it... fighting off further gun controls... as soon as the next FRUIT CAKE opens fire.

The definition of "insanity" is... Continuing to do the same thing, over and over, expecting a different result.

The Nation is NOT the State of California... and personally... I think it's about time we went on the offensive, pushing pro gun legislation in the House while protesters are marching in the streets.

Tack
I could not agree more that we should be pushing pro gun legislation. I just think there are much better ways to do that than an armed march which would be against the law in DC.

I just think it gives the media what they want, an opportunity to paint us all as lunatics, particular if something bad does happen. Like I said I don't think there will be any coverage if it is uneventful so I fail to see what we gain.

Maybe marching to the bridge and then stopping on the Virginia side where it is legal to illustrate how stupid the DC law is.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
I could not agree more that we should be pushing pro gun legislation. I just think there are much better ways to do that than an armed march which would be against the law in DC.

I just think it gives the media what they want, an opportunity to paint us all as lunatics, particular if something bad does happen. Like I said I don't think there will be any coverage if it is uneventful so I fail to see what we gain.

Maybe marching to the bridge and then stopping on the Virginia side where it is legal to illustrate how stupid the DC law is.

Just my 2 cents.
We did not see much coverage of the armed protests at State Houses either... unless you went looking for it on the internet. Local news didn't cover much and we had several in my neck of the woods between Salem OR and Olympia WA.

Coverage is not really the point... Senators knew darn well what was going on back home and I firmly believe there desire to not incense there LAC gun owning constituents back home had as much to do with our recent win as any fear of NRA reprisals come next November.

The defection of over 300 County Sheriff's didn't hurt either... guarantee those letters weighed heavily on Congress... but again... despite 10 Oregon Sheriff's being some of the first in the Country to send letters... Not much coverage AT ALL. Fox interviewed OR's Lynn Country Sheriff but that was about it.

Coverage or no coverage... guarantee Congress knew about them... and understands that "Constitutionally" speaking... those Sheriff's were exactly right.

At this point... I don't really expect to change anyones mind... we will just have to watch come Independence Day and see if there are any "fireworks".

Tack

Old 05-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #160
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5199 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 4421

Let's see. In the last 40 years we've seen more than half of the 68 GCA repealed.

The Klinton AWB passed and then expired with no chance of being renewed.

We've gone from one state that allowed CCW without a permit to five.

The number of "shall issue" states has gone from zero to around 40. The number of states with reciprocity has gone from zero to over 40. Make my day laws have passed over half the states. Those vicious AR-15 assault rifles are the number one seller in the market place.

But we're losing the battle. "THEY" are coming to take our guns away! LOCK 'N' LOAD

Sorry. I need for someone to 'splain that to me.

Golda Meier.