Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #141
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 527 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 2836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
So you would let fear of what might go wrong rule the day? Things have been going wrong for decades in regard to the Second Amendment. The thing that has ruled was fear of guns and gun owners. That is what got us to where we are.

I'm not making enough sense. i'm going to bed.
No, you are making sense. To me, anyway.

But, and armed march on the nation's capitol is not the way to go about it.

Perception is reality to most people. As gun owner's and supporters of the
2A, it's not the anti's that we need to get on our side (as they most likely never will), but rather those that don't really have a side. Those that aren't against it, but are more "agnostic" if you will.

And it is going to be extremely difficult to win them over when they see 3000 armed, angry people marching on DC. Whether they see it with their own eyes, or on the news or youtube or what not, doesn't matter. It's how the perceive it that matters.

Like Squawk said, 500,000 (or even 50,000) un-armed, well organized protesters marching on DC will have a better impact on the general public. We win them over, then we will have more support to actually fight the politicians (figuratively, that is... by vote).

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

locutus Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #142
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 527 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 2836

If a time ever does come for an armed march on DC, it's not going to be in the form of a protest, but in armed conflict. One that will not end well, for either side.

It won't be a civil war, because it really won't be citizens fighting each other, with military forces on each side.

It will be a revolution. One bloodier that any in the history of mankind.

Many people like to think (myself included) that if this were to ever happen, that the military would be on our side. Well, that will not be the case. Yes, there may be members of the military that believe as we do, and are willing to fight with us, but they won't be military any more. It will be an armed insurrection going up against tanks, fighter jets, armed drones, etc., and that right there would be enough to justify the military's use of force against civilians (who, would technically be domoestic enemies).

Over the last few decades, the people have allowed politicians to trample the BOR. They kept restricting them, and no one stopped them. The people have basically made it impossible for us to use the 2A to protect us from tyranny. Anything now, no matter how noble it is, would be exactly what the FF would have been guilty of had they lost, and I'm sorry, but we are not strong enough to win in armed conflict against this tyrannical government.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #143
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4561 Times on 2292 Posts
Likes Given: 4709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
If a time ever does come for an armed march on DC, it's not going to be in the form of a protest, but in armed conflict. One that will not end well, for either side.

It won't be a civil war, because it really won't be citizens fighting each other, with military forces on each side.

Many people like to think (myself included) that if this were to ever happen, that the military would be on our side. Well, that will not be the case. Yes, there may be members of the military that believe as we do, and are willing to fight with us, but they won't be military any more. It will be an armed insurrection going up against tanks, fighter jets, armed drones, etc., and that right there would be enough to justify the military's use of force against civilians (who, would technically be domoestic enemies).

Over the last few decades, the people have allowed politicians to trample the BOR. They kept restricting them, and no one stopped them. The people have basically made it impossible for us to use the 2A to protect us from tyranny. Anything now, no matter how noble it is, would be exactly what the FF would have been guilty of had they lost, and I'm sorry, but we are not strong enough to win in armed conflict against this tyrannical government.
So sad but likely true. We cannot win the battle with guns this time, it will only be won with our votes and vigilance. I would certainly support a march with wooden facsimiles but not with loaded weapons. Not because we shouldnt have the right to do it, because one screw up by one overzealous marcher and were all gonna be lumped into the same category as Muslim Extremists! On the other hand, if a Gov Rep orders our Police or Military to engage patriots carrying clubs, they will only be shooting themselves in in the face!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #144
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7334 Times on 4252 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
No, you are making sense. To me, anyway.

But, and armed march on the nation's capitol is not the way to go about it.

Like Squawk said, 500,000 (or even 50,000) un-armed, well organized protesters marching on DC will have a better impact on the general public. We win them over, then we will have more support to actually fight the politicians (figuratively, that is... by vote).
Something like the Tea Party protests? That seems to have petered out in its effectiveness (and it never was very effective here in CA), and it did not play too well in the liberal media, which like it or not controls the day. It did bring about some change though, but it seems to me that the movement has more or less self-destructed at this point.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #145

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Quote:
They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance, by lying supinely on our backs, and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations; and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.
Patrick Henry; St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia March 23, 1775

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Something like the Tea Party protests? That seems to have petered out in its effectiveness (and it never was very effective here in CA), and it did not play too well in the liberal media, which like it or not controls the day. It did bring about some change though, but it seems to me that the movement has more or less self-destructed at this point.

Lost cred and petered out when the radicals took over from the true conservatives.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #147
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 735 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Lost cred and petered out when the radicals took over from the true conservatives.
No, it happened when the republicans turned their back on the people and joined in with the liberals bash fest of the Tea Party.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #148

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I thought it happened when moderates became an accepted subgroup of the Tea Party...

I hate to tell you this, but Ron Paul has been considered the intellectual godfather of the Tea Party since 2007...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 05-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #149

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Better to be safe than sorry. (This from a straight guy who supports gay marriage, but I'm not going to be marching on Washington, armed or not, in support of it!)
Wait, I wasn't talking about an armed gay rights movement. A couple months ago, there was a thread on here called "gay marriage" something or other, and people made complete jackasses of themselves on there. Thankfully C3 put a stop to it. I am also straight and support gay marriage. They're people, too.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #150

Liked 3704 Times on 1826 Posts
Likes Given: 1005

No one is suggesting an armed conflict... It's simply an act of Civil Disobedience... and sharing your "over rated" appreciation for the power of our Government does not lend wight to your argument.

I hate to break out the math lessons... again... but it appears necessary... again.

Standing U.S. Military Forces = 1.3 Million... now recognize that it takes 3 support pukes for every single "trigger puller"... and your down to a combat effective force of 325,000.00 operators of rifles, tanks, ships, and aircraft.

Standing U.S. Law Enforcement "both State and Federal" = 1 Million... now apply the same math to separate "effective" trigger pullers, I.E. street cops and SWAT from the support pukes, and you come to 250,000.

That's a trained fighting force of roughly 575,000 ASSUMING we abandoned the rest of the planet and focused 100% of Government resources on suppressing an armed revolution against a population that exceeds 300 MILLION...

80 TO 100 MILLION OF WHICH OWN GUNS!

4 TO 5 MILLION OF WHICH HAVE MILITARY TRAINING!

Now... account for the LEO and Military "defections" from honorable Cops and Soldiers who WOULD NOT FIRE on US Citizens... and to be "realistic... assume that only 6% of the "gun owning" population would actively engage in the fight, "historical reality from out first revolution"...

...you come to numbers in the range of 500,000 uniformed thugs attempting to subjugate some 6 million untraceable patriots... unidentifiable until they choose to strike... across a land mass some 3.7 MILLION SQUARE MILES... Yeah... Find me a General at the Pentagon who wants "that fight".

Our GOOBERMINT... despite unlimited funding and the best trained and equipped military the world has ever seen... was INCAPABLE of subduing the Viet Cong, is still incapable of subduing the Taliban, and only found a measure of peace in Iraq because we decided to PAY the insurgents better than Al Quida did...

...and you reach the conclusion that ANY attempt to subjugate the US population "by force" is a NO WIN situation for the GOVERNMENT.

Don't believe that? I'm no fan of Christopher Dorner... but 1 man "off his rocker" and looking for revenge managed to tie up the majority of California Law Enforcement for over a week with no more that a couple of shootings and a facebook post.

This information is in no way meant to be a "call to arms"... on the contrary... it is intended to help everyone understand that fearing our Government makes about as much sense as fearing the "boogy man".

Overstating Government Power to justify "doing nothing"... or bashing other because they are willing to "do something"... while claiming to support liberty, yet knowing very little about which you speak, is counter productive to say the least... and plays right into the oppressors hands.

Not trying to be rude... but Hollywood BS like "CSI"...and ..."Enemy of the State"... are just that... Hollywood BS...

Our Government is both financially... and morally BANKRUPT... and if you could get them to be honest... they would admit that they know these numbers to be true... and that the ONLY WAY they maintain power is with the CONSENT of the American People.

So... please stop with the "invincible gooberment boogy man hooey"!

Tack

Quote: