Armed march on dc - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #131
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Being passive to date is why we are between the rock and hard place today. They have walked all over our rights for decades and now we need to put a stop to it.
I agree. But marching on the Nations capital with loaded guns is not the way to do it IMHO. I may be wrong. Hell, I hope I'm wrong. I just see more possibilities for negative effects. Only a glimmer of a positive effect. Believe me. I hope the intended purpose of this march comes to fruition. I just find it hard to believe with 200,000+ people marching on DC with loaded firearms, that nothing bad is going to happen. It only takes one moron or idiot to fire a shot, and then the shroud of darkness will come over gun owners so fast, we will be blind. And unarmed.
__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.


Last edited by Squawk; 05-17-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Squawk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #132
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,561
Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11541

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I agree. But marching on the state capital with loaded guns is not the way to do it IMHO. I may be wrong. Hell, I hope I'm wrong. I just see more possibilities for negative effects. Only a glimmer of a positive effect. Believe me. I hope the intended purpose of this march comes to fruition. I just find it hard to believe with 200,000+ people marching on DC with loaded firearms, that nothing bad is going to happen. It only takes one moron or idiot to fire a shot, and then the shroud of darkness will come over gun owners so fast, we will be blind. And unarmed.
Serious question here. I know that everybody here is concerned about "that one nut job", but seriously, what about all of those gun owners who are right there beside him? Do you really think that anybody in that crowd would be able to get a shot off without getting his gun taken away by his companions first? I have taken guns away from people because they were being unsafe before, and I will probably do it again (though I hope not).
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
Tell_Sackett Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #133
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

I honestly have no opinion on this.

It seems that everyone possible one out there has been spewed then dismembered, on this thread.

I don't think I have seen so much arguing/jackassery since the gay marriage thread from a couple months ago.

__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #134
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,561
Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11541

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
I honestly have no opinion on this.

It seems that everyone possible one out there has been spewed then dismembered, on this thread.

I don't think I have seen so much arguing/jackassery since the gay marriage thread from a couple months ago.
So are you suggesting an armed gay pride march on Washington?
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

So are you suggesting an armed gay pride march on Washington?
I fear of answering, cause any answer will be torn to shreds and consumed viscously in this thread.
__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #136
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,561
Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11541

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
I fear of answering, cause any answer will be torn to shreds and consumed viscously in this thread.

Better to be safe than sorry. (This from a straight guy who supports gay marriage, but I'm not going to be marching on Washington, armed or not, in support of it!)
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #137
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Serious question here. I know that everybody here is concerned about "that one nut job", but seriously, what about all of those gun owners who are right there beside him? Do you really think that anybody in that crowd would be able to get a shot off without getting his gun taken away by his companions first? I have taken guns away from people because they were being unsafe before, and I will probably do it again (though I hope not).
My point is there are too many variables. I am not happy about the way this country is right now, not am I happy about the direction it is headed. But I think an Armed March is the wrong way to go about it.

Whose to stop some anti-2a nutjob from firing on the protestors? Or a protestor firing on a LEO? As much as this will be publicized before July 4th, the anti-2a crowd will have much to lose if this goes peaceful. What's to stop some leftist quack from doing something to make it appear as a violent protest?

I agree with the principle of the march/protest 110%. I just think in today's day and age, there are less medieval ways to make a change. I'd rather see 500,000 unarmed Pro-gun advocates march through DC than 3,000 armed protestors.
__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Squawk is offline  
Mason609 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #138
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,715
Liked 852 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 4461

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
My point is there are too many variables. I am not happy about the way this country is right now, not am I happy about the direction it is headed. But I think an Armed March is the wrong way to go about it.

Whose to stop some anti-2a nutjob from firing on the protestors? Or a protestor firing on a LEO? As much as this will be publicized before July 4th, the anti-2a crowd will have much to lose if this goes peaceful. What's to stop some leftist quack from doing something to make it appear as a violent protest?

I agree with the principle of the march/protest 110%. I just think in today's day and age, there are less medieval ways to make a change. I'd rather see 500,000 unarmed Pro-gun advocates march through DC than 3,000 armed protestors.
I have to agree with this. Without trying to get into the CT category, there is always the likelyhood that an anti (whether on his/her own, or supported by someone else) could join in and then make things turn ugly.
__________________

Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Mason609 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #139
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,561
Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11541

Default

So you would let fear of what might go wrong rule the day? Things have been going wrong for decades in regard to the Second Amendment. The thing that has ruled was fear of guns and gun owners. That is what got us to where we are.

I'm not making enough sense. i'm going to bed.

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
So you would let fear of what might go wrong rule the day? Things have been going wrong for decades in regard to the Second Amendment. The thing that has ruled was fear of guns and gun owners. That is what got us to where we are.

I'm not making enough sense. i'm going to bed.
I'm afraid that this government and media will brainwash people even more. All they need is another match to light. If you think 2A was under attack after Newtown, see what happens when violence breaks out during a Pro-gun civil disobedience protest.

That will be it. The fight to protect what little we have left of the 2nd amendment will be even harder. We as gun owners have to make sane and rational decisions with our actions and voices. I've seen it for months. People who were fence sitters are off the fence, buying guns and realizing that this nation is only as free as make it. We need more people on our side of the fence. Firing bullets into that fence is not going to help.
__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Squawk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Orlando, FL March 16 & 17 Daoust_Nat Gun Shows 0 03-16-2013 09:10 PM
Million man gun march erobertson Legal and Activism 125 01-10-2013 07:01 PM
Ides of March JoinOrDieSaidBenFranklin Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 10-18-2011 12:56 AM
Armed 11 year old Girl Defends Home from 3 armed Burglars: Armed Citizen mesinge2 Legal and Activism 16 01-14-2011 09:20 PM
2nd amendment march fangus Legal and Activism 0 03-03-2010 12:20 PM