Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

I didn't mean to imply that we didn't have enemies that wanted to kill us back then. I was meaning we didn't have jihadists/extremists who wanted the US wiped out.

I was born 30 (+/- a few) years after the Cold War, given the outstanding public education I have to research a lot if important subjects that I need more info on.

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #102

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512
Protest all you want, but don't bring your rifles, torches, and pitchforks to the President's house. The only thing that can ensue is STUPID.
This is all that's relevant to the topic, and I agree.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

People Like This 
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 606 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Oh and, Tack, being able to use the same buses/water fountains/restaurants/bathrooms as everyone else is not the same thing as someone not permitting every private citizen to own a machine gun.

I think that 2A is a righteous principle that is part of what is necessary to maintain a free and civil society but I think your tactics would backfire and we would lose our freedoms as a result.

Similarly, I think it's important not to have "special" classes of people. Sadly, it would seem that that is what the civil rights movement turned into. One more "special" class of people, which is probably not what Dr. King intended.

Whether you care or not, the opinion of the voting public matters (unless you intend to shoot everyone who opposes your view points, in which case their irrational fear and stupidity is a moot point).

So, with that simple little understanding, I try to not do things that would make those who are already irrationally fearful of inanimate objects more fearful by having such an event nationally televised as it most surely would be. That will only ensure that their irrational opinions and small, simple little minds remain firmly locked into the idea that they need to take (or have the government take) little inanimate objects from their fellow citizens to keep them "safe".

Do I think they're stupid? Yes. Do I like the fact that I can't do whatever the hell I damn well please with my firearms so long as it does not endanger anyone else? No. Can I realistically do anything about it in a country full of people worrying about their fictional "safety"? Maybe after I win the lottery. There are too many stupid and hopelessly dependent people here now, which is what the "progressives" want, because it makes them so easy to control.

Will opinions ever change that are more favorable towards firearms owners? Well, that would probably depend in large part on how well we can "control" other people, which is what the "progressives" really want. Do I care about controlling other people? Couldn't care less. I'm also not about "winning hearts and minds", but I mindful of how fearful and stupid the general public is.

For someone who is "teaching tactics to 3rd graders", you seem to be missing a lot of the overall strategy for winning. Winning doesn't involve protesting, impassioned arguments, or logical reasoning. The tactics and the strategies of the "progressives" are working. It's probably time we started using them ourselves.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #104
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1129 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Just doesn't feel right. Seems like the guy heading this up has a lot if ties to the same interest groups as the administration. Code pink, ANSWER, pro amnesty projects, IVAW.

Seems like the type to lure conservative gun owners into a trap that gets guns banned for all of us.

I support the right to protest. But people need to be smart about it. The consequences of one stupid act at an event like this has potential to have consequences on all gun owners. And the administration is already mad that the last opportunity to restrict gun ownership faded out to fast.
Thanks, Doc! This whole thread I was thinking, "Why isn't anyone thinking the guy organizing this is working for the POTUS?" this all just seems too stupid to be real. Not the demonstration, but thousands of people with rifles, disabled or not, is all the video footage Obama needs to force his agenda. I think this guy is organizing this FOR the government.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 05-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #105

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Just doesn't feel right. Seems like the guy heading this up has a lot if ties to the same interest groups as the administration. Code pink, ANSWER, pro amnesty projects, IVAW.

Seems like the type to lure conservative gun owners into a trap that gets guns banned for all of us.

I support the right to protest. But people need to be smart about it. The consequences of one stupid act at an event like this has potential to have consequences on all gun owners. And the administration is already mad that the last opportunity to restrict gun ownership faded out to fast.
The more I read about the guy running the show the more I see things like this. It is troublesome to say the least.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2166 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 1148

I'll be looking forward to reading all of the firsthand accounts of the experiences at the 2a protest in DC from those that post here.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Last edited by eatmydust; 05-16-2013 at 12:31 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #107

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119

I couldnt agree more.

It would highlight EXACTLY whats wrong with the NRA
Nothin wrong!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 713 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPistol View Post
I like folks that have no trouble saying what they think (I am buried in political correctness out here in Oregon). It is refreshing!
PC is just a populist method of restricting the First Amendment.

Joe McCarthy was vilified for his hunt for communists in the government,
the only problem is people forget he was right and had the right people
named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised_prepper View Post
I was born 30 (+/- a few) years after the Cold War, given the outstanding public education I have to research a lot if important subjects that I need more info on.
Ummm... the Cold War ended in December 1991, 21+ years ago. Public
education strikes again...

http://www.coldwar.org/articles/90s/fall_of_the_soviet_union.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Oh and, Tack, being able to use the same buses/water fountains/restaurants/bathrooms as everyone else is not the same thing as someone not permitting every private citizen to own a machine gun.
Yes it is; it is a restriction of Liberty.

Quote:
Similarly, I think it's important not to have "special" classes of people. Sadly, it would seem that that is what the civil rights movement turned into. One more "special" class of people, which is probably not what Dr. King intended.
King was a philandering narcissist. He was just better marketed than Jessie
Jackson and the rest of that ilk.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 05-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #109

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
I'll be looking forward to reading all of the firsthand accounts of the experiences at the 2a protest in DC from those that post here.
I will be surprised if there is even, one..
Just one...
And pics or it didn't happen......

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

eatmydust Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #110

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:

I think that 2A is a righteous principle that is part of what is necessary to maintain a free and civil society but I think your tactics would backfire and we would lose our freedoms as a result.

Whether you care or not, the opinion of the voting public matters (unless you intend to shoot everyone who opposes your view points, in which case their irrational fear and stupidity is a moot point).

So, with that simple little understanding, I try to not do things that would make those who are already irrationally fearful of inanimate objects more fearful by having such an event nationally televised as it most surely would be. That will only ensure that their irrational opinions and small, simple little minds remain firmly locked into the idea that they need to take (or have the government take) little inanimate objects from their fellow citizens to keep them "safe".

Do I think they're stupid? Yes. Do I like the fact that I can't do whatever the hell I damn well please with my firearms so long as it does not endanger anyone else? No. Can I realistically do anything about it in a country full of people worrying about their fictional "safety"? Maybe after I win the lottery. There are too many stupid and hopelessly dependent people here now, which is what the "progressives" want, because it makes them so easy to control.

Will opinions ever change that are more favorable towards firearms owners? Well, that would probably depend in large part on how well we can "control" other people, which is what the "progressives" really want. Do I care about controlling other people? Couldn't care less. I'm also not about "winning hearts and minds", but I mindful of how fearful and stupid the general public is.

For someone who is "teaching tactics to 3rd graders", you seem to be missing a lot of the overall strategy for winning. Winning doesn't involve protesting, impassioned arguments, or logical reasoning. The tactics and the strategies of the "progressives" are working. It's probably time we started using them ourselves.
For the large part, your opinion seems to be based on the concept that the minority be beholden to the majority. This is not correct. We live under a republic, based on a Constitution which no law shall be higher than (with the exception of natural law, which is a large part of what the Constitution itself is).

If only one person in this whole God forsaken country wanted to own and carry a gun for his protection, it would be unConstitutional to make a law infringing his right to do so. This is why Franklin said what he said, when this quick exchange took place:

Quote:
A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
Nothin wrong!
I beg to differ, but this isnt the place for that discussion I suppose...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun