You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Armed march on dc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

As someone else here has said, and I'm paraphrasing '5000 people wearing NRA shirts standing in their way would send a message.'
I second this
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #92

Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
I second this
I couldnt agree more.

It would highlight EXACTLY whats wrong with the NRA

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun
People Like This 
Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #93

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised_prepper View Post
You assume this is a fair fight.

50+ years ago there weren't any social networks, no cell phones, no exchange of tactics sent from the other side of the world with a few clicks. There weren't foreign threats who's goal was to kill as many Americans as possible and instill fear in our citizens.

There has been and always will be threats to our nation, but back then they couldn't care less if the minority was given equal rights or not. Even if they could thwart the efforts of MLK and end integration it would have no impact on them and ultimately be a waste of their time. Now with the tyrant and his minions wanting to damn near disarm the United States our enemies have a lot to gain if we are thrown into a major conflict (which is very likely if this march goes south) with our own government.

I agree we need to finish our fight but this isn't the way to do it.
Once again... People are assigning this regime with "fictional" power.

Would not matter if this march degenerated into an all out firefight... started by protestors. It would still be an isolated event and have zero bearing on 2A across the country.

I use an extremely ridiculous scenario to highlight the ridiculous response here. If it happens... it will be peaceful... and many will be forced to sit back a say... WOW... we can do that!

Tack

Old 05-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #94

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Wow.

I don't think I have ever seen this many opposing opinions on one thread.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #95

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
Wow.

I don't think I have ever seen this many opposing opinions on one thread.
Fun... Isn't it!

Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #96

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

I sincerely hope that happens Tack.

I've always used the theory of thinking like your enemy to defeat them. Joining in a march with a bunch of strangers then fire your weapon when it reaches critical mass is just as easy if not easier than planting bombs in a marathon.

I'll admit it is a ridiculous scenario, but so is highjacking planes to crash into buldings. It's horrible that I need to point this out but it is a possibility that needs to be considered.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #97

Liked 21 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default not to worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Welcome to the Forum, MissPistol.
Be prepared, it's full of people with varying opinions, and nobody is bashful about expressing them. If somebody gets to be kinda abrasive when they disagree with you, don't take it to heart. The same guy will be your staunch supporter on the next thread. We have two common goals here:
1. Defend the 2nd Amendment and our right to keep and bear arms.
2. Defend the entire Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights.
They all support each other, and our freedom as Americans.
I like folks that have no trouble saying what they think (I am buried in political correctness out here in Oregon). It is refreshing!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #98

Liked 21 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default not quite, but......

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I'm curious. Does anyone here really think that our government actually killed 20 little 6 YO kids??\

And would anti-Obama orgs like Fox news, actually help cover it up?

And Reuters, LaMonde, Pravda etc,etc,etc really ignore it???

Would the hundreds of folks that were actually there, including LEOs, firefighters, paramedics, other teachers, local hospital admins, nosy neighbors, etc all cooperate??

What about the father of one of the children who testified against the AWB???

Are they all co-conspirators?? I don't buy into that.

Hell, Obama couldn't even cover up Benghazi, where they were all federal employees. How's he going to cover killing 20 little kids in the homeland?
I wouldn't go that far, but I do not believe in coincidences. And there are just too many "convenient" things, the timing, et al.
bamashooter68 Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #99
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I agree that this guy is the wrong man with the wrong message. He couldn't even polish Dr. ML King's shoes let alone lead an effective protest IMO. As someone has said, any movement is only as effective as its leadership. Lose on that score and you have nothing.

An armed march on DC has way too many opportunities to go sideways from any given starting point. I like the sentiment, but I don't think with this guy leading it that it is a good idea.

That having been said, what other ideas for civil disobedience do you all have that you think would be more effective and get the right message across if we had the right leadership in place?

One that I can think of would be to have hundreds of protests all over the country on July 4th that are not coordinated. In areas where open carry is legal, then those protestors would open carry. Where concealed carry is legal (and open carry is not) then those protestors in that area would protest by carrying a sign that says something along the lines of "I am carrying a gun. Why aren't you?" (the gun would still be concealed, the protest would be in announcing it for all to see).

In areas where carrying in public is prohibited (like here where I live and in DC) we could carry cardboard cutouts or something along with signs.

The combined efforts along with successful protests without any violence would send a strong message.

Anybody else got any constructive ideas?
improvised_prepper Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #100
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1927 Times on 1079 Posts
Likes Given: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised_prepper View Post
You assume this is a fair fight.

50+ years ago there weren't any social networks, no cell phones, no exchange of tactics sent from the other side of the world with a few clicks. There weren't foreign threats who's goal was to kill as many Americans as possible and instill fear in our citizens.

There has been and always will be threats to our nation, but back then they couldn't care less if the minority was given equal rights or not. Even if they could thwart the efforts of MLK and end integration it would have no impact on them and ultimately be a waste of their time. Now with the tyrant and his minions wanting to damn near disarm the United States our enemies have a lot to gain if we are thrown into a major conflict (which is very likely if this march goes south) with our own government.

I agree we need to finish our fight but this isn't the way to do it.
What fantasy version of US and world history did you read in school?

If memory serves, 50 years or so ago was in the 60's and Cuba was setting up ICBMs on our doorstep with Russia's help. I'm pretty sure that wasn't "just for show".

The whole "terrorism" schtick that the media and government like to hype to keep Americans fearful and dependent on mommy and daddy gubmint amounts to perhaps a few thousand killed the world over every year, if that. Stalin or Khrushchev would call that a day's work.

The rest of the world was in as much or more turmoil as anything America experienced at that time in our history. The problems we are seeing today are about energy and the fact that there's not enough of it to feed, clothe, and transport everyone and the fact that industrial automation makes a lot of manual labor (workers) superfluous.

As far as being fearful of some islamic orphans who can't read and write, you lost me. I am far, far more fearful of my doctor killing me or someone driving down the highway here in Houston than any muslim militants I may or may not encounter. In point of fact, the local drug dealers and gangs here are far more of a problem than jihadis will ever be.

In any event, the islam problem is totally fixable. We only need to stop giving them money for oil, stop stop fighting for (Afghanistan/Iraq/Iran/Saudi Arabia) or against them (Afghanistan/Iraq/Iran/Israel), stop giving them economic and military aid (Saudi Arabia/Iraq/Afghanistan), stop importing them (hard to understand what jihad is when you can't spell it and they all like to send their children over here for a real education because allah knows they'll never get one over there), and stop occupying their countries.

They consider having a foreign occupying army of the "infidels" to be an insult to "islam". The solution is simple. Either we turn that whole place over there into a glass parking lot for our tanks to slide around on or we stop messing with them and stop giving them money. Don't hold your breath on any of that happening. Whomever the real puppet master is, he likes games and he's sadistic (to both us and them).

America's number one problem, which is far more scary than terrorists, by the way can be summed up in one word: STUPID.

Which brings us to marching on DC with guns with a wannabe dictator who is afraid of his own shadow and wouldn't know which end of a gun to be on without help from Hollywood.

I call that STUPID. All of it. Protest all you want, but don't bring your rifles, torches, and pitchforks to the President's house. The only thing that can ensue is STUPID.
People Like This