Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed Citizens - Tough Targets

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #41
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,268
Liked 1614 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1304

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Vincine, as it stands now even with states that have Castle Laws, . . (snip) . . but secretly think, well here's one we don't have to worry about anymore!
Well, I didn't say it was going to be a good argument.

As per your statement, the reason people who may have had anything to do with a homicide may get arrested, is because LEOs at the crime scene aren’t (shouldn’t?) going to take a survivor's word that the body was, in fact, the BG. It’s the DA who would decide after an investigation, cursory or not, whether to pursue a charge or toss it.

Or am I mistaken? How much latitude does a LEO actually have at a homicide to not arrest an involved survivor, until who the ‘victim’ actually is determined by a removed impartial party?
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people won’t like you anyway."
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,276
Liked 19944 Times on 11333 Posts
Likes Given: 50293

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Well, I didn't say it was going to be a good argument.

As per your statement, the reason people who may have had anything to do with a homicide may get arrested, is because LEOs at the crime scene aren’t (shouldn’t?) going to take a survivor's word that the body was, in fact, the BG. It’s the DA who would decide after an investigation, cursory or not, whether to pursue a charge or toss it.

Or am I mistaken? How much latitude does a LEO actually have at a homicide to not arrest an involved survivor, until who the ‘victim’ actually is determined by a removed impartial party?
look at the Zimmerman/Martin shooting. it was several weeks afterward before the DA decided to press charges.

i think that anytime there is a shooting, involving the death of someone, they will do an investigation. just because you are arrested, doesn't mean the charges won't be dropped. remember a LEO may base his decision on what he sees, and the DA may not pursue it based on the facts as they truly are. every situation will be different, every LEO will handle it differently, and i think that they need to be handled on a case by case basis, impartially and based on the facts of the shooting.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #43
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,268
Liked 1614 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1304

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
look at the Zimmerman/Martin shooting. it was several weeks afterward before the DA decided to press charges. . (snip)
Oh yeah, right. I forgot.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people won’t like you anyway."
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 2,635
Liked 765 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
An argument can be made (not by me, just so you know) that actually more police would be needed to handle investigations as to whether homicides were actually self-defense situations and not murder under the guise of self-defense.
seriouosly, that's the best you got? An armed citizentry will cause cause crime to go up and we'll need more police?
__________________
partdeux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #45
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,268
Liked 1614 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1304

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
An argument can be made (not by me, just so you know) that actually more police would be needed to handle investigations as to whether homicides were actually self-defense situations and not murder under the guise of self-defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
seriouosly, that's the best you got? An armed citizentry will cause cause crime to go up and we'll need more police?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Well, I didn't say it was going to be a good argument.
Sigh-

..............
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people won’t like you anyway."
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 2,635
Liked 765 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Sigh-

..............
Not bad, combining a red herring argument with a strawman argument, lol

If you didn't believe it to be true, then why present it?
__________________
partdeux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,510
Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
seriouosly, that's the best you got? An armed citizentry will cause cause crime to go up and we'll need more police?
Strange, I thought that's why LEOs want gun control.

Crime goes up, and we need more police...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Polygon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 832
Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Default

You know, one thing that never seems to be brought up in gun control and possible bans on guns is the hit to the economy. Let's say that guns are made illegal for citizens to own. Imagine the effect on the economy. All the dealers out there as well as the manufactures.

__________________
Polygon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #49
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,276
Liked 19944 Times on 11333 Posts
Likes Given: 50293

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
You know, one thing that never seems to be brought up in gun control and possible bans on guns is the hit to the economy. Let's say that guns are made illegal for citizens to own. Imagine the effect on the economy. All the dealers out there as well as the manufactures.
something i have thought about too. would there be enough in the military and LE market to sustain them without the private citizens to stay in business? would some of them resort to making other products than firearms? yes i believe it would have a large impact on the economy in many different industries also, rather just the firearm companies. there's hunting licenses, hunting clothing, hunting equipment, reloading components and equipment, hunting and game conservation, ect., ect.... yes i think it would hurt the economy to a very large degree and to a point that would take many, many years to ever overcome if it did.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #50
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,268
Liked 1614 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1304

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Not bad, combining a red herring argument with a strawman argument, lol
I've been accused of being creative before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
If you didn't believe it to be true, then why present it?
I was just sharing a facet of an issue I hadn't seen offered. I'm nothing if not thorough.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people won’t like you anyway."

Last edited by Vincine; 05-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Seriously?! A proposal to let non citizens vote? shadamai Politics, Religion and Controversy 11 12-16-2011 06:24 PM
Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun Bigcountry02 Legal and Activism 22 02-06-2011 01:28 AM
Armed 11 year old Girl Defends Home from 3 armed Burglars: Armed Citizen mesinge2 Legal and Activism 16 01-14-2011 08:20 PM
WTS: Exploding Targets (1 & 2 lbs targets) Great stuff Randall Sponsor Display 0 12-30-2009 10:54 PM
Attorneys Needed For Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Marty Hayes Legal and Activism 0 09-26-2008 03:13 PM