Armed Citizens - Tough Targets - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Armed Citizens - Tough Targets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkinman View Post
I'm former military as well as former federal law enforcement. I've never ever been worried or threatened by legally armed citizens. Ever.

However, in reading the news blurbs about Ohio's eighth anniversary of concealed carry licenses, the most press-generating "one-liners" against concealed carry came from prosecuting attorneys, state highway patrol officers' groups, and police chiefs (typical).

As I tell cops I meet, "If you can't trust me with a gun, then I can't trust you with a badge."JD
^^THIS^^

All Top Cops, with the exception of your County Sherrif are "appointed" lacky's of either a Governor or Mayor. They tow thier bosses political line or risk loosing thier bloated salaries and cushy desk job. This fact makes there opinions on CCW pointless.

Tack

Old 05-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #32

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
I just released a novel barely a week ago (Above Reproach) in which the subject matter was armed citizens, in particular those with CHLs, proved irrefutably how they are the only "department of homeland security" this nation needs.

To that end, after several groups of CHL holders fended off attacks, a move was put forth to have a National Castle Doctrine Law that gave reciprocity for both CHLs and castle doctrine laws across all fifty states.

What is/was interesting. . . when the manuscript was being edited, the House was debating on voting on the national carry law. In my book, I had it easily clearing the House and being debated in the Senate.

I'm former military as well as former federal law enforcement. I've never ever been worried or threatened by legally armed citizens. Ever.

However, in reading the news blurbs about Ohio's eighth anniversary of concealed carry licenses, the most press-generating "one-liners" against concealed carry came from prosecuting attorneys, state highway patrol officers' groups, and police chiefs (typical).

As I tell cops I meet, "If you can't trust me with a gun, then I can't trust you with a badge."

JD

Welcome to the forum JD. I'm gonna have to check the book out this week.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
I just released a novel barely a week ago (Above Reproach) in which the subject matter was armed citizens, in particular those with CHLs, proved irrefutably how they are the only "department of homeland security" this nation needs.

To that end, after several groups of CHL holders fended off attacks, a move was put forth to have a National Castle Doctrine Law that gave reciprocity for both CHLs and castle doctrine laws across all fifty states.

What is/was interesting. . . when the manuscript was being edited, the House was debating on voting on the national carry law. In my book, I had it easily clearing the House and being debated in the Senate.

As I tell cops I meet, "If you can't trust me with a gun, then I can't trust you with a badge."

JD
i too will have to check this book out. thanks for the input and well said words in your post.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #34

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steenkamp View Post
The worst thing about what mountainman13 said, is i am getting stationed in England in 2 months. It makes me miss the US so much more when i go to a place and i dont have the right to conceal and protect my family and myself.
Dude, You don't know the half of it.
Self defense in any form can be problematic. Any gun ownership in the UK is purposely a pain in the posterior, though rifles & shotguns are still technically legal.
Repeat after me: "I never touched the burglar, he simply fell down the stairs repeatedly." Standing your ground can get you jailed. Property crime is treated as a minor thing. I fairly certain that auto theft is mandatory for teens.
Beat up a person, your probably going to be out shortly. Hurt a cat or a dog, your in for hard time.
Read the Magistrate's section of the paper when you get there. You'll be shocked at what they allow to walk with a simple fine and time served.
FYI, I was at RAF Lakenheath from 98 to 03. I doubt that things have gotten better.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 05-07-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Ever consider that if armed citizens would reduce crime, we wouldn't need as many LEO's?
Abso-freaking-lutely.

A CHL holder saved my butt one night in Alabama over twenty-five years ago. I've been an NRA member ever since I could walk, courtesy of my daddy, and been pro-carry since the same time. I sent a real nice letter to the county sheriff and the governor on real nice DOJ letterhead hugely thanking this citizen, commending his bravery and unselfishness and driving home the point that LE has zilch to fear from law-abiding gun-owners, and in fact, such gun-owners are an ASSET to both law enforcement and civilized society.

The way society is going right now, politicians think we need more cops and more jails.

My view is we need less cops, more armed citizens and more graveyards for criminals. Crematoriums would work, too, I suppose. Just blow the smoke towards France.

JD

Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 145 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Vermont has the best CCW law in the country. No law. Any adult can CCW without a permit. It is one of the most laid back states I have been in. There are no streets running with blood as the Anti's predict.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Ever consider that if armed citizens would reduce crime, we wouldn't need as many LEO's?
Quote:
Abso-freaking-lutely.

A CHL holder saved my butt one night in Alabama over twenty-five years ago. I've been an NRA member ever since I could walk, courtesy of my daddy, and been pro-carry since the same time. I sent a real nice letter to the county sheriff and the governor on real nice DOJ letterhead hugely thanking this citizen, commending his bravery and unselfishness and driving home the point that LE has zilch to fear from law-abiding gun-owners, and in fact, such gun-owners are an ASSET to both law enforcement and civilized society.

The way society is going right now, politicians think we need more cops and more jails.

My view is we need less cops, more armed citizens and more graveyards for criminals. Crematoriums would work, too, I suppose. Just blow the smoke towards France.

JD
i wouldn't go as far as less, but if every state had the option of it's law abiding citizens of either CC or OC, and had a Castle Law, then i truly believe their would be a reduction in criminal activity. the thing that many law abiding citizens fear now after a bad confrontation with a criminal and them using a firearm to defend themselves, is retaliation from the criminal or the criminals family in a civil lawsuit. how many times has it happened, someone shooting a criminal in the act of commiting a crime to be sued by that criminal if he was only injured, or his family if he was shot dead? too many times. i thank God they did away with this in Texas when the Castle Law was implimented. i am not so naive to believe that doing so will reduce all crime, but i venture to believe it would reduce it by a wide margin.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #38

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
Vermont has the best CCW law in the country. No law. Any adult can CCW without a permit. It is one of the most laid back states I have been in. There are no streets running with blood as the Anti's predict.
This is because Vermonters are laid back, not because of the laws, or lack thereof.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #39

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i wouldn't go as far as less, but if every state had the option of it's law abiding citizens of either CC or OC, and had a Castle Law, then i truly believe their would be a reduction in criminal activity. the thing that many law abiding citizens fear now after a bad confrontation with a criminal and them using a firearm to defend themselves, is retaliation from the criminal or the criminals family in a civil lawsuit. how many times has it happened, someone shooting a criminal in the act of commiting a crime to be sued by that criminal if he was only injured, or his family if he was shot dead? too many times. i thank God they did away with this in Texas when the Castle Law was implimented. i am not so naive to believe that doing so will reduce all crime, but i venture to believe it would reduce it by a wide margin.
An argument can be made (not by me, just so you know) that actually more police would be needed to handle investigations as to whether homicides were actually self-defense situations and not murder under the guise of self-defense.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
An argument can be made (not by me, just so you know) that actually more police would be needed to handle investigations as to whether homicides were actually self-defense situations and not murder under the guise of self-defense.
Vincine, as it stands now even with states that have Castle Laws, if there is a homicide, and the person was within their rights to defend themselves against attack from a BG, there will be an investigation. that's just a fact of life. they aren't going to walk in and take your word that it was self defence, but allow the circumstances and facts prove that it was. investigation will probably be short and to the point and the facts saying it was self defence, the case will ruled justifiable homicide then dropped. my opinion, the LEO who has to investigate the homicide, when he finds the BG has a history of violent criminal history and a long arrest record for violent crimes, might not say it openly, but secretly think, well here's one we don't have to worry about anymore!