Armed Citizens - Tough Targets - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Armed Citizens - Tough Targets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

To some extent maybe true. But I do know for a fact criminals DO NOT THINK! They are instinctual to a deadly fault ... hopefully their own.
I respectfully disagree, criminals are more opportunistic than instinctual, they will pass up a hard target for a easier,, soft target 99 out of 100 times. With the 1% being unable to control them selves due to some mental psycosis. That in itself tells me they think plenty, just are basicly cowards and would rather sneak you than square up with you if you appear able to defend yourself.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
I respectfully disagree, criminals are more opportunistic than instinctual, they will pass up a hard target for a easier,, soft target 99 out of 100 times. With the 1% being unable to control them selves due to some mental psycosis. That in itself tells me they think plenty, just are basicly cowards and would rather sneak you than square up with you if you appear able to defend yourself.
I would suspect they don't like to bleed anymore than we do.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #23

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Same reason wolves hardly ever fight a wolverine over a kill. They know they have a very good chance of getting hurt bad.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #24

Liked 65 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Same reason wolves hardly ever fight a wolverine over a kill. They know they have a very good chance of getting hurt bad.
Yeah I'm in agreement both of y'all!

Think the criminal mind 90+% of the time will choose it's prey based on finding the easier victim!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2125 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 632

You would think that the government would want to put a stop to crime and eliminate the competition. Does a criminal declare his income and pay taxes on it? They are leaving less for the government to steal/tax. Think of the cost for prisons and law enforcement. Declaring open season on crooks would eliminate a lot of that. The government could even sell tags. They need to focus on the revenue aspects.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #26

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

I think this explains why I've never had a problem with thugs. I've had lots of friends and coworkers tell me that I "look" as thought I'm just waiting to kick someones ass?

I always chuckle at this because I'm not a big guy and if they knew the truth about the 11 pieces of government hardware in my lower spine, they'd know that "other than my gun" I'm pretty defenseless...

Guess I've just got one of those faces...still cracks me up every time I hear it.

Tack

Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #27

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

In my home town of SLC Utah a couple of weeks ago a man walked into a grocery store, bought a butcher knife and proceeded to start stabbing people at random! Fortunately a man with his CWP was there and pulled his pistol. The BG laid the knife down and was subdued until the police got there. If there was not an armed citizen there who knows if more than just the two people who were stabbed would have been assaulted. Sorry I couldn't get the link to work but if you google the story you'll find it. A perfect example of an armed public stopping crime!

Old 05-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i think every state should have CCW and the Castle Law! it might put the fear of God into some punk who wants to grab Granny's purse next time and she pulls out a 44 Magnum and shoots him! most criminals have no fear because they're not hel accountable for their actions and feed on most citizens as if they were sheep.
I just released a novel barely a week ago (Above Reproach) in which the subject matter was armed citizens, in particular those with CHLs, proved irrefutably how they are the only "department of homeland security" this nation needs.

To that end, after several groups of CHL holders fended off attacks, a move was put forth to have a National Castle Doctrine Law that gave reciprocity for both CHLs and castle doctrine laws across all fifty states.

What is/was interesting. . . when the manuscript was being edited, the House was debating on voting on the national carry law. In my book, I had it easily clearing the House and being debated in the Senate.

I'm former military as well as former federal law enforcement. I've never ever been worried or threatened by legally armed citizens. Ever.

However, in reading the news blurbs about Ohio's eighth anniversary of concealed carry licenses, the most press-generating "one-liners" against concealed carry came from prosecuting attorneys, state highway patrol officers' groups, and police chiefs (typical).

As I tell cops I meet, "If you can't trust me with a gun, then I can't trust you with a badge."

JD

Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #29

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
To some extent maybe true. But I do know for a fact criminals DO NOT THINK! They are instinctual to a deadly fault ... hopefully their own.
They are future Darwin Awards winners.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange View Post
Every citizen has a CCW, its called the 2nd amendment. The idiots in Washington need to pass constitutional carry in all states. And for the record, most of the population are sheep
Exactly. They are busy with the Obozo

Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkinman View Post
the most press-generating "one-liners" against concealed carry came from prosecuting attorneys, state highway patrol officers' groups, and police chiefs (typical).
Ever consider that if armed citizens would reduce crime, we wouldn't need as many LEO's?