Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Arizona to Louisiana (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/arizona-louisiana-43167/)

hawkman3111 05-29-2011 06:44 AM

Arizona to Louisiana
 
I read elsewhere in this forum that anyone can buy and carry a gun in Arizona. Living here in communist Washington state, my brain has a hard time accepting that, you must be so free down there.

I digress.

I see lots of people from lots of states, my question is this:

How can I legally carry, on foot, from Arizona to Louisiana?

Im sure there must be at least a 3 day wait and background check in AZ to buy right? What do I have to do to be legal in New Mexico or Texas? And all the southern states on the Mississippi?

knfxda 05-29-2011 01:58 PM

See this link Arizona Concealed Weapons Reciprocity. It may help.

Oh, and if it's not clear, I believe that for reciprocity to work, it works in both directions. So, if a state is on Arizona's list, then Arizona is on that state's list. Basically, your CCW from Arizona is valid in all of the other states indicated and vice-versa.

Trez 05-29-2011 02:44 PM

Im not sure about handguns, as ive never bought one from a store. I think theres a 3 day wait but not sure.. Long guns are a walk in-walk out thing, it only takes a couple of minutes to run the check.

Quote:

Oh, and if it's not clear, I believe that for reciprocity to work, it works in both directions. So, if a state is on Arizona's list, then Arizona is on that state's list. Basically, your CCW from Arizona is valid in all of the other states indicated and vice-versa.
I think thats how it works as well..

Tackleberry1 05-29-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkman3111 (Post 513919)
I read elsewhere in this forum that anyone can buy and carry a gun in Arizona. Living here in communist Washington state, my brain has a hard time accepting that, you must be so free down there.

I digress.

I see lots of people from lots of states, my question is this:

How can I legally carry, on foot, from Arizona to Louisiana?

Im sure there must be at least a 3 day wait and background check in AZ to buy right? What do I have to do to be legal in New Mexico or Texas? And all the southern states on the Mississippi?

Hawkman,

The only azz backward part of WA is your Seattle region. The rest of state leans conservative. CCW's are quite easy to obtain and FFL transfers are not subject to additional state b.s. Yes, WA does ban ownership of full auto's so when I reach the financial place where I can indulge in auto's, I will move to Idaho.

Tack

NitroxAZ 05-29-2011 03:27 PM

There is no waiting period if you pass the background check. Less time if you have your CCW in Arizona. If you have your CCW, you only have to fill out the paperwork. If you don't have your CCW here, the only reason you would be held up is if the background check calls for a hold.

That said, I don't know how this relates to people from out of state purchasing firearms here. I don't think there is a difference but am not sure.

I am unsure of the ability to carry concealed here if from out of state. We do not need a CCW to carry concealed any longer, but there are conditions to being able to do this.

paganwolf 05-29-2011 05:09 PM

I live in New Mexico, where there is no waiting period. My Mom lives in central AZ, and I always make a stop at JG Sales when I visit and there is also no waiting period, fill out the paperwork, show my out of state DL and walk out in 10 minutes.:D

hawkman3111 05-29-2011 06:15 PM

Awesome information thanx guys.

I have posted before that I own but dont carry, well last night I was punched in the face by a punk (1 of 4 punks) while walking down MLK. You can bet Ill be carrying from now on, hoping some punk wants trouble.

It was flat bizarre as I was passing these guys going the opposite way on the shoulder of the road punk #1 jumps up and punches me in the face pushing me over the barrier. Just that fast, not even time to be scared or pissed. Of course I feel different now, Im real pissed.

Ill be watching for those punk ******S tonight and every night from now on. I might even buy some upscale ammo to make bigger, more satisfying, holes in an attackers chest.

Yes that was a racial epithet up there, I only got a good look at one, and really they look alike anyway.

knfxda 05-29-2011 06:20 PM

Hawk- Do yourself a favor and delete your post and then repost when you've cooled down.

I'll only address the part worth addressing:

Quote:

"You can bet Ill be carrying from now on, hoping some punk wants trouble."
I hope you're only joking. Right?

If not, I think you need to bone up on laws regarding the defensive use of deadly force and on what brandishing a weapon would mean legally, when you are not in a life or death situation.

(Not sure what you mean by "over the barrier" but if it was life or death, then still consider what I've written above.)

hawkman3111 05-29-2011 06:48 PM

Attacked on the street by 4 thugs, pushed over the concrete barrier on the side of the road..

Well I guess they didnt hospitalize, rob, rape or kill me. Maybe it would be an overreaction to defend myself with deadly force against thugs who may not actually intend to kill me...

knfxda 05-29-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkman3111 (Post 514136)
Attacked on the street by 4 thugs, pushed over the concrete barrier on the side of the road..

Well I guess they didnt hospitalize, rob, rape or kill me. Maybe it would be an overreaction to defend myself with deadly force against thugs who may not actually intend to kill me...

My point still stands. I think you need to research the use of deadly force and the repricussions of brandishing a weapon.

If it happened so fast that you didn't even have enough time to react, what would having a gun on your person have done? Clearly, you couldn't have drawn in advance of it happening, as it caught you unaware.

What would you have done afterwards with your gun?

It doesn't sound like you had to fight your way out of a 4-on-1 sitation. It appears you were jumped and the criminal was satisfied to leave it at that.

Having a CCW is not a license to hope "some punk wants trouble".

All I hear is your racism and desire for vengance, neither of which are granted with a CCW.

CCW <> Vigilante


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.