Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Arizona House to vote on CCW Bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Arizona House to vote on CCW Bill

Went to the House today. If Brewer goes for it, we'll join Alaska and Vermont as one of the only 3 states in the country.

Not quite sure how I feel about this, but we'll see what happens.

NRA-ILA :: Constitutional Carry Passes Arizona House, Awaits Governor

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1108s.pdf

Last edited by Jynx; 04-09-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 AM   #2

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Sweet!!! Loved living in AZ and love living in VT now!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
Went to the House today. If Brewer goes for it, we'll join Alaska and Vermont as one of the only 3 states in the country.

Not quite sure how I feel about this, but we'll see what happens.

NRA-ILA :: Constitutional Carry Passes Arizona House, Awaits Governor

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1108s.pdf

I understand what you mean, but I ultimately think it's a good thing. I get the safety aspect that Dem representative Steve Farley brings up in a recent interview:

"We wouldn't give people driver's licenses without requiring training or testing. Why would we give people the ability to carry a concealed weapon anywhere?" said Rep. Steve Farley, D-Tucson.

However, the state already allows people to open carry without testing and permits, so his point is not relevant in this case.

This is something that I'd be most interested in, and I wish Texas allowed it:

Permits also would be required to carry weapons in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

I don't drink and my work requires me to carry expensive photo equip in and out of bars late at night. I'd feel safer if I was able to CC during these times. Currently, you can't carry anywhere in TX that serves alcohol. I get the idea of "drunks and guns don't mix", but what about people like me that would not drink and carry? Just like I don't drink and drive...

Old 04-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #4

PA is a shall issue State. With no training or testing required to get a permit. It is also legal to carry in bars. I haven’t heard of any problems. Open carry is also legal, very few people do.
Has Texas changed there law. The last time I was there it was any place that sells alcohol?

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
KMO

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default House Passed It

This bill only needs the Governor's signature now to become law, or she can do nothing and it will become law anyway. I expect her to sign it next week.

Arizona concealed weapons bill expected to become law

"In God We Trust"
www.SunflowerAmmo.com
www.Mo-Rod.com

Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good luck. I'm rooting for Arizona's citizens.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not opposed to it. Lord knows I won't tote any gun restriction signs, like... ever. But I was taught very strictly about firearms. Safety, knowledge, respect... those were drilled in my head. Its unsettling to think that any yahoo on the block can now carry a gun in his pocket.

Guess it just gives me a reason to stay armed I already open carry, and have my CCW (for those discreet situations). I'm all for the shall issue laws. At least they require more initiative and force a bit more responsiblity.

Perhaps I am just old fashioned.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Crow View Post
PA is a shall issue State. With no training or testing required to get a permit. It is also legal to carry in bars. I haven’t heard of any problems. Open carry is also legal, very few people do.
Has Texas changed there law. The last time I was there it was any place that sells alcohol?
Still can't carry around alcohol here in TX. It's a shame that you can be trusted to drive and not drink once you get a driver's license, but you can't be trusted to CC and not drink. I walk into establishments that serve alcohol every week, yet I only drink alcohol maybe 3 times per year. And if I had a CCW on me, I would not make that instance one of my few drinking dates... Just the same as I won't drink anything if I know I'll be driving.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #9

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Rights should never be restricted or regulated

Old 04-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
TOF

In case you didn't notice, Brewer went for it. Constitutional Carry will be the law of Arizona in approximately 3 1/2 months.

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.