Arizona gun lock law proposed by Tucson lawmaker
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Arizona gun lock law proposed by Tucson lawmaker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4315

Default Arizona gun lock law proposed by Tucson lawmaker

FYI!

http://www.kvoa.com/news/arizona-gun-lock-law-proposed-by-tucson-lawmaker/

TUCSON - A state representative is proposing a law requiring adults to lock up loaded guns.

Victoria Steele of Legislative District 9 said she grew up in a home where her dad locked the guns away, separate from the ammunition.

"To me, this is common sense. This is a no-brainer," Steele said. "We've got to keep children from having access to loaded firearms."

House Bill 2542 only applies to homes where a "minor is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the minor's parent or guardian." A parent can be charged with a felony if their child shoots somebody.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

But we will fill the tanks of their cars when they are 16.
Or buy them skateboards when they are 12.
Or put them in grocery carts when they are toddlers.
Or put them in un-safe child seats in our cars.

Yeah, we have to protect the world from our own lack of common sense.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 02-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #3

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Diane Sawyer makes a propaganda piece about children and guns and this brainiac has a Come to Jesus moment.

Conclusion: there are too many people in government without enough to do.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 02-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2159 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 804

That is another scare tactic. I have a better chance of becoming governor of AZ than the odds of HB 2452 becoming law.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 02-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #5

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Liberals are carrying flowers to Obama's Political Funeral. Obama has lost, it is over for him. He was the last great hope of the Save the Planet damn the capitalist movement. It is now time for the left wingers broken and tattered to pray at his feet of clay.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
That is another scare tactic. I have a better chance of becoming governor of AZ than the odds of HB 2452 becoming law.
We already have a similar law in Florida, Mr Governor.

In a way, I favor it. I've taught my granddaughter all I can about firearm safety. The problem lies with her friends. Who is teaching them? If it's not on my hip, it's locked. My daughter is the same way. Is it common sense? To you and I it is, but since when has common sense become common?

Old 02-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #7

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
In a way, I favor it.....Is it common sense? To you and I it is, but since when has common sense become common?
Here's another ingredient for your "common sense" opinion:

1. It WILL costs lives to make people lock up their guns. Self-defence will become more difficult.

2. You WILL become low-hanging fruit for charges anytime the police are in your house for any reason and see your firearm unlocked for any reason. Believe it - we have "safe storage" laws here in Kanada. That's how these laws work.

If someone really cared about children's safety as opposed to, say, just cranking out some more anti-gun laws, don't you think it would be a matter of "common sense" to start where far more children are hurt and therefore pass laws that required locked fences around swimming pools? Locked lids on toilets? Locked covers on 5 gal. pails? (All of those things kill more children, btw.)

The really good propaganda always sounds sensible and good. That's why it works - we all like apple pie.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 02-03-2014 at 11:56 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Just another whacky Democrat.. She use to be a news caster for several years in the Old Pueblo....

Become steel or get cut.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Here's another ingredient for your "common sense" opinion:

1. It WILL costs lives to make people lock up their guns. Self-defence will become more difficult.

2. You WILL become low-hanging fruit for charges anytime the police are in your house for any reason and see your firearm unlocked for any reason. Believe it - we have "safe storage" laws here in Kanada. That's how these laws work.

If someone really cared about children's safety as opposed to, say, just cranking out some more anti-gun laws, don't you think it would be a matter of "common sense" to start where far more children are hurt and therefore pass laws that required locked fences around swimming pools? Locked lids on toilets? Locked covers on 5 gal. pails? (All of those things kill more children, btw.)

The really good propaganda always sounds sensible and good. That's why it works - we all like apple pie.
Nice job of selective editing. If you would care to try again in a more respectful tone I'll be happy to address your comments.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #10
For unto us a child is born..
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1897 Times on 1053 Posts
Likes Given: 5713

Of course it make sense, but what is really in the law. They usually have to sell it as something that makes sense, and bury the crap deep in the bill.

I do not support any of these laws, because they tend to be misused on otherwise law abiding citizens, with no effect on the bad guys.

Since I carry at home, will I have to sit in my safe?

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL
People Like This