Approved handgun list
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Approved handgun list

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Approved handgun list

To my Cali brothers:

This Cali handgun list, does this mean you cannot possess a handgun on the approved list while in the state? Does this pertain only to handguns bought in Cali? Or can I have a handgun not on the list bought outside Cali and then bring it in?

Would it even matter if I had one not on the list and cared less about that specific law?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Not a lawyer so you have to interpret the law on your own. Here is the CA DOJ website and a quote about the approved rule.

Quote:
Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale

Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.
Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale - Firearms Division - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #3

Contacted California DOJ Firearms and hand my questions answered.

While resident of Florida, I can purchase a non-Cali approved handgun. Move to Cali, then register the handgun, then handgun is currently approved for the individual.

If I make the move to Cali and become a resident, I cannot purchase any handgun not on the approved list. While a Cali resident I also cannot not travel out of state and purchase and handgun not on the approved list.

So, thank God for a hiring freeze. Gives me more time to buy more guns. You guys in Cali have it rough, restricted amount of guns you can buy, can only buy on a list, and have to register the handgun. That sucks.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 02-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The list is like K Mart, it sucks. It's as corrupt and manipulated as our politicians and it's also a way to extort money from firearm manufacturers.

If a handgun is not on the list, I can't buy one, say at Bud's and have it shipped here. Likewise, I can't get one ordered by a local dealer.

However, if the gun is already in CA, then I can buy it, but only in a face to face transaction at a dealer and do the transfer paperwork there. But, even then, there are some that I can't buy because they are listed as "Law Enforcement Only". Believe it or not, it's such bullsh*t that as a civilian can't buy a S&W Model 27.

Then again, LEO's can buy handguns that aren't on the list, because they are more special than the average law abiding, gun owning Californian. They can also buy high capacity magazines.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The list is like K Mart, it sucks. It's as corrupt and manipulated as our politicians and it's also a way to extort money from firearm manufacturers.

If a handgun is not on the list, I can't buy one, say at Bud's and have it shipped here. Likewise, I can't get one ordered by a local dealer.

However, if the gun is already in CA, then I can buy it, but only in a face to face transaction at a dealer and do the transfer paperwork there. But, even then, there are some that I can't buy because they are listed as "Law Enforcement Only". Believe it or not, it's such bullsh*t that as a civilian can't buy a S&W Model 27.

Then again, LEO's can buy handguns that aren't on the list, because they are more special than the average law abiding, gun owning Californian. They can also buy high capacity magazines.
Im sure this would be difficult, and Im not sure if you rent or own. Rent an apartment in kingsbury, nv. Live there for a month, buy all the guns you can, then move back. Not sure if its worth the 2 hour drive one way. But hey, it was just a thought.

As far as leo's and mags, thats only pertaining to their carry piece right?

Old 02-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
But, even then, there are some that I can't buy because they are listed as "Law Enforcement Only". Believe it or not, it's such bullsh*t that as a civilian can't buy a S&W Model 27.

I looked up tyranny in the dictionary, the above quote is the EXACT definition!! What a coincidence!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Same thing here in MA - same bull regulations. LEOs can own whatever model, configuration, or magazine capacity.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

LEO's can buy any damn mag they please.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #9

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

The "Approved Roster" BS will be coming to an end.

It was imposed as a "safety" item.

So, when a LEO shoots someone with a gun not on the Roster, and it comes out that it is not on the approved list as "safe", what do you suppose will happen? A LEO is allowed to use a gun that the CA DOJ does not recognize as "safe"? Mondo liability, mondo lawsuit, mondo payout, law revoked.

Chuck Michel and CalGuns are already hot on the trail of this one.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-24-2011, 02:43 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 723 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1704

Sounds like a damned good reason NOT to live in CA or MA.