Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Applied for my CCW card today! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/applied-my-ccw-card-today-57736/)

bkace4 02-14-2012 08:30 PM

Applied for my CCW card today!

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum, as I'm new here. I finally went and applied for my CCW card today. I've been wanting to do it for awhile now. Even though I don't have the money right now, I'm looking for a smaller gun than my Ruger P95 to carry. Being new to the handgun scene, I am overwhelmed with all the choices, but have been really enjoying all the research and learning. It's sparked my enthusiasm for other guns as well. I used to enjoy learning about the different weapons from the different wars. I've also been reading The Founders' Second Amendment: Origins of the Right to Bear Arms.

Anyway, just wanted to share with you all. Take care.

bkace4

orangello 02-14-2012 08:36 PM

Congratulations!

There are some less expensive pistols out there that might suit you for carry. I don't carry outside my car, but if i choose to get my CCW, i will be buying a lil Bersa Thunder .380 to carry, only about $300.

g17frantz 02-15-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
Congratulations!

There are some less expensive pistols out there that might suit you for carry. I don't carry outside my car, but if i choose to get my CCW, i will be buying a lil Bersa Thunder .380 to carry, only about $300.

I'm shocked you don't have one yet orangello......

trip286 02-15-2012 03:41 AM

Frantz, Mississippi makes it easy to not NEED a cc permit. And enforcement is pretty much up to the LEO's discretion. Many small town cops don't worry about it. And vehicle carry here is just...WOW. If you have a car, pretty much no need to worry about a permit.

g17frantz 02-15-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
Frantz, Mississippi makes it easy to not NEED a cc permit. And enforcement is pretty much up to the LEO's discretion. Many small town cops don't worry about it. And vehicle carry here is just...WOW. If you have a car, pretty much no need to worry about a permit.

Right on. Gotta love the south

orangello 02-15-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 709054)

My sister was talking to a client who is local PD the other day. She discussed my old bersa (her car gun) while he picked up his paperwork. He responded very positively; purse carry is pretty common and generally not an issue around here. She really needed the Bersa more than me; her lil .25 had caramel in the barrel last time i cleaned it for her, not just a smudge either almost a plug. If i am in my car, i'm sober and the XD45 is on the back seat or passenger seat under my hat or a sweatshirt. If i am not sober (passengering) the pistol is in the trunk. Good thing is, pistol goes into and out of house with me; i view this as likely time for trouble (house been empty all day or car been unobserved all night).

I also have a almost-phobia of running over a cat or dog and having nothing to finish them off with but a tire iron.

trip286 02-15-2012 07:04 PM

In MS, carry between a private vehicle and a private property is also legal. If your at your friend's house, and your armed, you can go get in his vehicle and carry armed too. It doesn't just apply to your personal vehicle/property, it applies to ANY private property/vehicle where you have the owner's consent.

It's freaking sweet.

If a person has no permit, I can pick them up, drive them to my parent's place, someone else can pick them up from there and drive them back home, while they are carrying concealed the whole time, and never break any law.

If a stop (gas station) is made along the way, they should leave their weapon in the car.