Anyone see this video?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Anyone see this video?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Default Anyone see this video?

Motorcyclist Charged for Recording - Baltimore News, Weather, Breaking News | WMAR-TV

This, in my opinion as a rider, was uncalled for. However, the full story was not given as to whether or not the rider tried to evade the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'd have drawn on the unidentified interloper if I could have effectively and defended myself. That bears no resemblance to a traffic stop, but looks just like an armed bike-jacking.
That boy needs some training.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #3

Quote:
The trooper is seen pulling his gun immediately after getting out of the unmarked car. It's not until five seconds after he exits the car that he identifies himself a Maryland State trooper.
That could have gotten ugly. Quick.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
jbd

that cop should understand we are not all sheep.the first words out of his mouth should have been'' state police''. the poster above is correct that could have gotten ugly. i am glad it did not.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Im a cop... And thats bullsh!t.

Couple things here...

Trooper in plain clothes/unmarked car, pulling someone over for C&I/speeding = BS

Trooper stopping like that with gun in hand not announcing himself immediately = BS

Sounds like Trooper was mad when he seen himself on the intraweb and complained to the brass.

Whole thing = BS

Advocate For Armed America Because Your Attorney Can Get You Out Of Jail, Not Out Of A Grave.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #6

Liked 1429 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
That bears no resemblance to a traffic stop, but looks just like an armed bike-jacking.
That's what I would have thought. Maybe were missing something here, the video was cropped did he have lights and sirens on the unmarked car?

Bringing him up on recording charges though? Give me a break. Next time I'm walking through the park with my dogs(yeah I talk to them, so what) and see someone with a camera recording their kids after I walk by , I should call the state police and have them brought up on charges for illegally recording.

I hope the man continues to record with his helmet, he just needs to put a sticker on the front that says, "Audio recording in progress".

Old 04-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I would like to see the whole video, from beginning to end. I pitty anyone who makes an uneducated statement from this obviously edited video. Because ABC is more of a liberal news station than a conservative news station, I'm betting they edited it to Graber's benefit.

Couple of things to make this stop better - the marked car should have blocked Graber's bike and the unmarked should have acted as back up, or the plain clothed trooper should have pulled out his badge in his left hand while pulling his gun with his right. I'm sure there were some circumstances unknown to us as to why the trooper pulled his gun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Can someone explain why it's illegal to record stuff that happens in public? The government has cameras on the roads all over the place and records what we do without our permission.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #9

Liked 1429 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Can someone explain why it's illegal to record stuff that happens in public? The government has cameras on the roads all over the place and records what we do without our permission.
It's only the audio portion. Maryland has a stupid law that makes it illegal to record audio of someone without their permission.