Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Anyone heard of the National Gun Rights Organization? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/anyone-heard-national-gun-rights-organization-29370/)

dgray64 07-16-2010 03:47 AM

Anyone heard of the National Gun Rights Organization?

I keep getting email info from them telling what they are doing to preserve our rights and the spokesman, Dudley Brown was supposedly at the SHOT show. Anyway, they ask for money for what seems to be good issues, but I never heard of them. I belong to the NRA, the 2nd Amendment Foundation, and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I know who they are and what they are doing. I hate to short change a good organization, but I worry about obama and his tricks. What if this group it talking big, and taking names, not to mention money? Anyway, if any of you ever heard of this group let me know, OK. Thanks.

Dave

IDVague 07-16-2010 03:58 AM

Here is a website that might help.

NAGR Home

DrumJunkie 07-16-2010 08:01 AM

I can't say I've heard of them either. And anyone can make a web page. Anyone have any first hand info on them?

dgray64 07-17-2010 02:27 AM

Thanks for the replys. The organization is not registered in Washington or anywhere as a lobbyist organization or a (501)3c or anything else that I can find. If you find any more about them pleas post it. Thanks.

Dave

AcidFlashGordon 07-20-2010 04:50 AM

I received emails from them and ole Dudley seems to be a bit on the radical side of the discussions on the 2nd Amendment. After a few of these radical emails, I put all email from them on my "Ignore" list and they're now deleted as soon as they arrive. I may just not sign on to that email account any more. It will be canceled if I don't log on once every 3 weeks anyway. I only used it once when I registered for a bulletin board I no longer post on.

I don't trust this group. Just a feeling on my part...

dgray64 07-20-2010 12:40 PM

Thanks AcidFlash, I got the same feeling. Generally, the groups that are working hard like the 2nd Amendment Asso put out what they are doing and they are being harassed by some anti-gun group. Dudley seems to be taking credit for other organizations work.

Dave

AcidFlashGordon 07-22-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgray64 (Post 317620)
Thanks AcidFlash, I got the same feeling. Generally, the groups that are working hard like the 2nd Amendment Asso put out what they are doing and they are being harassed by some anti-gun group. Dudley seems to be taking credit for other organizations work.

Dave

From the few emails from Dudley I did read, it seems he thinks there's a conspiracy to continuously harass him and him alone.

I think you are correct in stating that Dudley is taking the harassment of other gun supporting groups and adding them to his own, "imagined" harassment. JMHO.