Anyone have pro gun statistics? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Anyone have pro gun statistics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 332 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's how my dad is. He will not talk about his past. Which is a shame, I know there's things he's not proud of but if I could have learned from his mistakes it could have saved me a whole lot of trouble that I used to get in

Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyon289 View Post
Not sure, my dad is relatively closed about his past life. After some initial tension he's lightened up about my purchase and now calmly, almost jokingly, asks me to not to bring it in the house.
Sounds like your dad is receptive, or at least he will be soon. Cultivate this carefully. Make sure he knows that you are, and always will, respecting his rules in his house, and it might not hurt to tell him how and why you came to this conclusion.

Quote:
I think a big part of it is he's getting used to the fact that I'm growing up and making my own decisions. I'm really glad he's being more understanding about it though and I honestly appreciate the advice I got here. I was going to hide it in the house but you guys convinced me otherwise.
This is always a prideful and yet at the same time difficult time for a father. Continue to make him proud and work to make it less difficult on him.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyon289
Not sure, my dad is relatively closed about his past life. After some initial tension he's lightened up about my purchase and now calmly, almost jokingly, asks me to not to bring it in the house.

I think a big part of it is he's getting used to the fact that I'm growing up and making my own decisions. I'm really glad he's being more understanding about it though and I honestly appreciate the advice I got here. I was going to hide it in the house but you guys convinced me otherwise.
When I began buying guns after I got out of high school my parents were reserved about the issue and just asked that I not buy anymore, that didn't stop me. I set up a brief powerpoint presentation (30min) about weapons statistics, safety, history and how the function. Let's just say after that they no longer questioned the firearm purchased but me spending money.

I feel that the antigunners became from either lack of experience, family pressure or bad experiences.

I know a few cops who will not touch a gun unless he is on duty and his carry gun is the only weapon he owns.

Huge numbers of pro gunners are out there but the mass of them just does not speak out to support the cause, I on the other hand try to do everything I can to support the pro gun movement, it is not only and obsession but a passion