Anyone Draw Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Anyone Draw Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Anyone Draw Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay?

Well, they just cut it. One cut of a thousand. For those not familiar with it, (And I don't receive it, but a lot of retired, disabled troops need and deserve it) here's a link; Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP) Overview - Military Benefits - Military.com

I just received this e-mail, and I'm pissed off. How nice that it's "less than a dollar"......

Deputy Director's Corner My name is Jeffrey Johnson, and I am proud to have served seven years of active duty in the United States Navy. I'm also honored to serve you as Deputy Director of DFAS Retired and Annuitant (R&A) Pay. Read more: Deputy Director's Corner DFAS is on Facebook DFAS has expanded its online presence by joining its first social networking site: Facebook. Read more: DFAS is on Facebook Did you notice a difference in your CRDP payment? Beginning with the June 1, 2010 paycheck, Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay (CRDP) is being rounded down to the nearest dollar amount, rather than paid to the exact penny. Read more: Did you notice a difference in your CRDP payment? Separation payment recoupments resumed Aug. 1 Recoupment of military retirees' Voluntary Separation Incentive, Special Separation Benefit and other separation payments resumed August 2, 2010. Read more: Separation Payment Recoupments U.S. Treasury changes savings bond program The Department of the Treasury has changed its policy concerning the issuance of paper savings bonds through payroll savings plans. After September 30, 2010, the U.S. Treasury will no longer issue paper savings bonds to federal employees through payroll deduction. In anticipation of this change, DFAS discontinued bond allotments on July 31, 2010. Read more: U.S. Treasury changes savings bond program
This isn't the entire e-mail, just the applicable portion. Maybe the IRS will accept their payments rounded down to the nearest dollar........

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

This is not where i had hoped the cuts would be made; i was hoping for more butt cuts of the pork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Maybe the IRS will accept their payments rounded down to the nearest dollar........
MS Bureau of Revenue does round down, because they have no cents.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1958 Times on 1139 Posts
Likes Given: 4135

I just received check from VA since retirement after they approved disability rating. I read the same on the rounding down the CRDP and that they will be deduction from paycheck a small amount. Also, downloaded the retirement account statement listed the change.

Also, get ready for the major smackdown - Sec. of Defense Gates is pushing for TRICARE rates to raise, by how much is a guessing game.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:13 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Gates is more worried about holding his job than actually doing it.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 08-18-2010, 02:42 AM   #5

Liked 1181 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 373

I thought Gates recently announced he will be retiring in 2011? Also the IRS does permit rounding but they follow standard math rules, .50 and above round up, below that round down.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-18-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1958 Times on 1139 Posts
Likes Given: 4135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I thought Gates recently announced he will be retiring in 2011? Also the IRS does permit rounding but they follow standard math rules, .50 and above round up, below that round down.
The Durango online article has he may retire.

This is link to the durango herald; however, below it is a quote from the Pentagon Press Secretary:

Durango Herald News, Secretary of Defense Gates says he may retire next year

"Every time Secretary Gates has seriously considered hanging it up for good, he ultimately has decided to keep serving," said Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell. "So my personal advice would be to wait for a real announcement or, better yet, wait to see what happens next year."