Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > any one know?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default any one know?

NRA-ILA :: NRA CHALLENGES CONSTITUTIONALITY OF FEDERAL HANDGUN BAN FOR LAW ABIDING 18-20 YEAR OLDS

does anyone have any updated information on this or did the fight get vetoed? i just saw this and was wondering if they have updated it. i also seen on the same website that in illinois no one under 18 can posses a handgun, meaning 18 and older. hmmmmm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8622 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

The lawsuit is working it's way thru the court- here is docket schedule-
•09/08/2010 - Complaint filed by plaintiff
•12/22/2010 - Defendant's MTD
•04/06/2011 - Defendant's MSJ due
•05/18/2011 - Plaintiff's Cross-motion due

FWIW- FEDERAL law forbids the sale of a handgun or handgun ammo BY A FEDERALLY LICENSED DEALER to persons under 21. Fed law does not apply to a sale by a private citizen to another citizen of the same state. State law applies. In a large number of states, the minimum age for unsupervised possession of a handgun is 18. (Yes, there are exceptions in the law- ranching, written permission of parents, on own property, etc).

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #3

cool, does all shooting ranges in illinois prohibit people under 21 to shoot handguns with out perent supervision. it just seems a little fishy that i can have it but were do i leagally shoot it if i cant go to gun ranges!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:34 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8622 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Remmy- I feel your pain (Gee, who said that?) When I was 20, I was an Army 1LT. Controlled enough firepower to remove large parts of a small city- but could not go to a store and buy a freaking box of .45 ammo to get in a little extra practice. I have a 14 yr old granddaughter that has been my shooting partner for 4 years- and to be legal, I have to have written permission from her mom in my wallet.

Hang in there- better days are coming.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #5

i hope so, this is killing me. i guess i will just have to go to my buddies field. i can buy the ammo from dicks. just wanna shot it now lol