Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Anti NRA coalition...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default Anti NRA coalition...

I heard someone on CNN say he thought a lobbyist organisation for gun control would spring up in the aftermath of these shootings. He suggested it would be huge. I know there's already the Brady crowd. Do you think it's possible a group could be formed that's formidable? Larger than the NRA? I bet in all reality there are more anti's than pro-gun people, they just haven't developed enough passion......yet.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
I heard someone on CNN say he thought a lobbyist organisation for gun control would spring up in the aftermath of these shootings. He suggested it would be huge. I know there's already the Brady crowd. Do you think it's possible a group could be formed that's formidable? Larger than the NRA? I bet in all reality there are more anti's than pro-gun people, they just haven't developed enough passion......yet.
Doesn't matter. They will not get my guns. Unless they want them one bullet at a time.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #3

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Doesn't matter. They will not get my guns. Unless they want them one bullet at a time.
Tough talk...do you carry in schools? Will you buy a illegal AK if they ban them? Do you break gun laws in general.....point is, a large enough group could make it even tougher than it is for you now...with more influence in our legal and legislative system.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5192 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 4411

I don't think they have half the support they say they have.

Polls taken over many years show that support for gun control is basically weak and short lived. Most anti gunners are only passionate until another another headline hits the news.

Golda Meier.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

Tough talk...do you carry in schools? Will you buy a illegal AK if they ban them? Do you break gun laws in general.....point is, a large enough group could make it even tougher than it is for you now...with more influence in our legal and legislative system.
I'm just saying I will not give up my 2nd amendment rights. That's all.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #6

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Using Facebook...gag...as a demographic, (One BILLION users) the NRA page has 1.7 million 'likes', all the other 'anti gun' pages barely have 100K combined. I'll beg to differ that in reality, there are more pro rights than anti...

The BC, CSGV and VPC have been around for decades, and still to this day don't have the support the NRA does. I can't see any new group gathering any momentum...

Of course, the Britney Spears page has around 30 million 'likes' so that may tell you where people's priorities lie...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

It never ceases to amaze me how people can be opposed to a Constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT. Can you imagine an anti-free speech group? An anti-freedom of assembly group? An anti-freedom of the press group? An anti-freedom of religion groups? Oh, wait, there are several athiest groups that are basically anti-religion.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19993 Times on 11367 Posts
Likes Given: 50443

all the polls i have voted on this issue, show a larger populace in favor of no more gun control or eliminating gun control laws altogether. all show the anti-gunners to be outnumbered at least 2 to 1 in the polls i voted on. these were done just a couple of days after the CT school shooting, so the anti's would more than likely be more stirred up then, then any other time IMO. the anti's i don't fear, but the greedy politicians...........

Old 12-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #9

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
OMG---------------------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #10

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Dude. You've got the hard core anti gunners that ain't going away. They've dedicated their life to this.

One month from now, the majority of these people screaming and crying will be more concerned with what's on television that week.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

locutus Likes This