Anti-Gun Propaganda, Aimed at New Parents - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Anti-Gun Propaganda, Aimed at New Parents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

To be honest guns are the least of the problems, they should hand out slips saying "pot farming brings violence" or "stay out of drug infested neighborhoods with your children" or better yet, handguns in the home can be a problem, if parents are stupid and leave them laying around loaded which is unlikely

Nothing say's "don't enter my house" like a newscast that says "home invader killed with Tomahawk"

Dalai Lama: "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." <- now that made my day

You cant go to war against the Gorgatron with your keys all... willy nilly...

Last edited by ApacheBunny; 02-26-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #22

Liked 2029 Times on 1295 Posts
Likes Given: 1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
A nurse looked at me when my son was born and asked if I had made the home ready for his arrival. I asked as to what she meant. She went down a list, like a good crib...blah...blah but added, "And there aren't any guns in the house, right?"

I said, "There are plenty, and a bunch of knives, too."

I can still see the look of horror mixed with disgust on her fat, old haggled face. I told my wife later that I should have thrown in "shapened pencils, scissors and horizontal blinds."

A good friend of mine is a nurse. She once told me that almost 1 in 4 parents attempt to take their new borns home without a proper car seat or even one at all.

Get used to the bs propaganda, ApacheBunny. Seems like you have a good handle on it, so keep it up.
Apparently there's no such thing as a good crib. Unless you see it on MTV.
Seriously, a couple of weeks ago, the feds have decided too many infants are getting trapped and dying in cribs. They may try to do away with them.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #23

From what I remember in school, they forced this stuff down our throats about how guns are bad and we shouldn't touch them, they tried really hard to make guns out to be evil. Of course that was 1st grade and my step dad already had us shooting guns. Though I didn't have anyone teaching me proper gun handling and what to do and not to do, that was saved for Hunters Ed and 8 years of having an M1911 sitting on my computer table unloaded with a full mag close by.

Nothing say's "don't enter my house" like a newscast that says "home invader killed with Tomahawk"

Dalai Lama: "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." <- now that made my day

You cant go to war against the Gorgatron with your keys all... willy nilly...

Old 02-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheBunny View Post
From what I remember in school, they forced this stuff down our throats about how guns are bad and we shouldn't touch them, they tried really hard to make guns out to be evil.
When i was in school, they told us to leave the bolt in the glove box & bring the deer rifle to the office if we went to the woods before school. Of course, it was a small school and the Headmaster had two working cannons at home.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #25

When I was in middle school hunters education was part of health class. We even shot skeet/trap on school property during school hours.

When I found out my wife was pregnant I started looking for a good youth rifle.

Had we been asked about guns in the home I would have told we already had guns picked out for the for the boys.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9164 Times on 3957 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Under the heading of who should be concerned about what with child safety- this is a C&P from one of my favorite sites- notalwaysright.com, which details TRUE stories of encounters with customers- like these:

Baby Store | Toronto, Canada
(Note: We sell a mosquito tent for babies that is very compact and light.)

Customer: “Hi, I have a question about your baby tent?”

Me: “Sure, what would you like to know?”

Customer: “Can the tent withstand a bear attack?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “Well, let’s say we go camping and my husband and I are sun tanning on the other side of the lake. If a bear comes into the campsite, will the tent protect my child?”

Me: “I’m sorry, I’m confused. Who is in the campsite with your baby while you are on the other side of the lake?”

Customer: “Nobody. Why?”

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #27

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
How about this? The next time you are in the doctor's office hand them a sheet of paper that reads;

I have read and thoroughly agree with the warnings about gun ownership as given to me on____ date in this medical facility. I have divested myself of all firearms and ammunition (bullets). Since I no longer have the ability to defend myself, my spouse and our child, I will now hold this facility financially responsible for any harm that may come from a criminal entering my residence. Expect a certified letter to follow giving you offical notice of liability should I be unable to defend my household. A copy of this letter has been forwarded to (XYZ law firm) who stands ready to pursue a civil action against the members, management and owners of this facility.

Signed _____________

This ought to get their panties in a bunch.

Bwaaahahahahaaaa!!

Nothing gets a Dr.'s attention faster than the word lawsuit.
"la-la-la..huh?!?!?!?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson