Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Anti-Gun Propaganda, Aimed at New Parents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anti-Gun Propaganda, Aimed at New Parents

Well I Don't know if this has been posted up before, but during a doctor visit for my daughter (9 months old now), they took her measurements then handed us a yellow piece of paper that reads "Firearms Injury Prevention" which pretty much tells you to remove all guns from your house or your child will die no matter what, or I can just type out everything it says.

More than 44 million Americans own firearms. Of the 192 million firearms owned in the United States, 65 million are handguns. Research shows guns in homes are a serious risk to families. - What research?

A gun kept in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone known to the family than kill someone in self defense. - I really thought we debunked this since all the "gun owners" never owned a gun. In the tests the "perp" knew where to find the gun which makes the data unreliable, and very untrue.

A gun kept in the home triples the risk of homicide. - I seriously doubt this

The risk of suicide is 5 times more likely if a gun is kept in the home. - They sure love their "times more likely" crap, a gun in the home wont advocate suicide, that's the mental health of the person not the gun psychically telling the person to shoot themselves.

Advice to Parents
The best way to keep your children safe from injury or death from guns is to never have a gun in the home. -bs

Do not purchase a gun, especially a handgun. - why shouldn't I

Remove all guns present in the home. - they fail to make a valid argument about this.

Talk to your children about the dangers of guns, and tell them to stay away from guns. - yeah because it works real well like telling them about drugs and how drugs are bad.

Find out if there are guns in the homes where your children play. If so, talk to the adults in the house about the dangers of guns to their families. - yeah go make yourself sound like a huge nag and hand them this yellow slip, I have seen a few gun related deaths in my area where kids were playing around in the house alone with access to guns this would strengthen the liberal argument but it was because the adult wasn't responsible and didn't teach their kid proper gun safety.

For those who know of the dangers of guns but still keep a gun in the home.

Always keep the gun unloaded and locked up. - this isn't a law rather than a suggestion, and not needed if you teach a kid proper gun safety, only reason you would need a gun case and lock is if you leave them alone in the house, but also don't keep a round in the chamber (duh).

Lock and store the bullets in a separate place. - misuse of the word. No point, plus in case of home invasion would stack the odds against you and further strengthen the liberal/democratic argument that guns don't save you, yes because the ammo was on the other side of the house

Make sure to hide the keys to the locked boxes. - I think I said enough above

Well I hope this complex nugget of horse poo sure stirred things up. the pediatricians here handed this out to new parents during check ups, and since most new parents are concerned about their child's well being, I am sure this would scare them into doing exactly what it says unless they actually have common sense. (hope this wasn't too long and that it didn't just go in circles)

Nothing say's "don't enter my house" like a newscast that says "home invader killed with Tomahawk"

Dalai Lama: "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." <- now that made my day

You cant go to war against the Gorgatron with your keys all... willy nilly...

Last edited by ApacheBunny; 02-25-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5286 Times on 2756 Posts
Likes Given: 333

shoulda told him that he is 9000 times more liekly to kill your child than your gun and ask him for the blue sheet warning of the dangers of taking your kid to him.

Quote:
Doctors 9000 times more likely to accidently kill you then a gun!
Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
Health and Human Services.

Now think about this:

Guns:
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Fact: Not everyone has a gun but almost everyone has at least one doctor.
This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1722 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 545

Most of the doctors I know are shooters and/or collectors.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #4

yeah it was just included paper clipped together with my daughters measurements and some other safety crap, i guess they bank on new parents being as dumb as a sack of hammers. Yeah we debunked most of those myths, democrat and liberal news tries to tell people a bunch of lies and make guns look as bad as drugs, or rape, or any other criminal activity

Nothing say's "don't enter my house" like a newscast that says "home invader killed with Tomahawk"

Dalai Lama: "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." <- now that made my day

Last edited by ApacheBunny; 02-25-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It is the AMA that pushes this agenda, and there are doctors who are happy to promulgate it!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1294

Well, I was talking with my doctor last week. He had just made a nice double, and was reloading his over and under..........

Pick your doctor, lawyer, and friends carefully.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:03 AM   #7

yeah i should of stated that it wasnt my doctor but the facility that handed it out, the doctor is fine, he has his collection of guns, i still cant believe that they are using that debunked 43 times more likely argument

Last edited by ApacheBunny; 02-25-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:42 AM   #8

I was asked by my son's Doctor if there were firearms in the house when he was there for a physical before playing soccer. I asked what relevence that had to his physical ability to play a sport.

My son informed her that he had just received his first .22 LR and loved hunting squirrels with it. She looked like a deer in headlights at that moment.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 02-25-2011, 03:59 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

When I took my daughter to the Drs when she was a newborn, the doc asked if there were guns in the house. I answered "Hell yeah! there are guns in my house, you mean YOU DON'T have guns?" He said " NO! Guns are dangerous!" I replied, "Your darned right they're dangerous, they wouldn't be any good if they weren't! So, if you don't have guns in your house, how would YOU protect your wife and kids if someone busted into your house and wanted to kill you and rape your wife and daughter?!" Blank stare followed. Two months or so later I saw him at the gun shop down the road.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

A nurse looked at me when my son was born and asked if I had made the home ready for his arrival. I asked as to what she meant. She went down a list, like a good crib...blah...blah but added, "And there aren't any guns in the house, right?"

I said, "There are plenty, and a bunch of knives, too."

I can still see the look of horror mixed with disgust on her fat, old haggled face. I told my wife later that I should have thrown in "shapened pencils, scissors and horizontal blinds."

A good friend of mine is a nurse. She once told me that almost 1 in 4 parents attempt to take their new borns home without a proper car seat or even one at all.

Get used to the bs propaganda, ApacheBunny. Seems like you have a good handle on it, so keep it up.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!