ANTI-GUN people need to learn a few things!!! - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

ANTI-GUN people need to learn a few things!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Exactly! I was just thinking the other day about a birthday party when I was 8 or 9 they took us to an archery range! I mean how cool is that? Probably couldn't get away with it anymore.
I remember in High School we had Archery in gym class. It was so fun and NOBODY got shot or hurt, accept maybe the weenie who let the string hit his arm lol... But for the most part it was a very fun activity but I don't think they even talk about archery anymore let alone give the kids the chance to participate in it... Last I heard from my neices and nephews I'm not sure they do anything in gym accept set and talk to friends and shoot basketball!
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #42
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8940 Times on 5347 Posts
Likes Given: 11947

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
I remember in High School we had Archery in gym class. It was so fun and NOBODY got shot or hurt, accept maybe the weenie who let the string hit his arm lol... But for the most part it was a very fun activity but I don't think they even talk about archery anymore let alone give the kids the chance to participate in it... Last I heard from my neices and nephews I'm not sure they do anything in gym accept set and talk to friends and shoot basketball!
Yeah, we did archery, too. It was incredibly fun.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #43

Same here... Only 26 and we had that when i went through High School.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #44

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sad to say my school stopped archery year before i got into high school I whole hearlty agree with training them young my eight year old knows about my guns and safe ways to handle them. Though they stay locked up of course. Her bb gun doesn't though and she's never messed with it without permission. I've had many a discussion at work with anti-gun people, i stay calm and explain my points. If they're willing to listen they tend to end up agreeing with me but some people are just stubborn. My mom was absoultly against me getting a gun (mainly due to my brothers attempted suicide with a gun 10 years back) since i've gotten mine, and made her go to the range with me and she how i safely keeps my firearms away from the kid she's come over to my side mostly. still a little iffy but i can't blame her that much.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Not all anti-gunners are acting because of some misguided belief that resistance to crime is immoral. Sad to say, but some of the vehement anti-gunners who want the general public disarmed are people who have relenquished their rights as a result of criminal convictions. They figure that if they can't have a gun, nobody else should have one (or 2 or 50) either. Other anti's are currently involved in ongoing criminal activity, including some politicians and LE. They want to disarm their potential victims or the victims of the people they are protecting. And the politicians such as members of congress, state legislators, etc, who are so outspoken about disarming us will be sure to include a clause in their legislation that gives them the priviledge to own and carry even though it is illegal for everyone else.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 03-13-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #46

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 767

When i was in 8th grade (middle shcool),the whole 8th grade took a hunter/safety firearms class.

We all got to shoot 22lr rifles @ 25yrd targets,& remington 1100's 20ga @ clays...i remember hitting 2 out of 3 clays,most everbody else hitting 0/1 clays,except for one girl in my class,she hit 3 out of 3

They need to bring this kind of ''learning'' back into the schools & let kids have the true understanding of firearms/safety & if the kids dont like or care for firearms,thats their choice.I thought that was one of the greatest things of being an american,I can choose-not you choose for me?

STOP blaming firearms for loading,aiming,& discharging themselves

My firearms have not killed anything,besides paper targets & my bank account

Old 03-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The trouble nowadays is that there'd be one parent who would choose to be offended by the attempt of a teacher to actually educate their kid. And that one parent would be sufficient to kill the whole concept.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
I met Stallone at a Los Angeles Knights Polo game back in 1985. The short little **** had his body guards pushing people around.

He is a sorry excuse for a man.
Stallone is a little fairy who puts a stupid-looking sneer on that thing of his which is jokingly referred to as a face, to try to fool he public into thinking he's a "macho man". I guess to sell movies.