ANTI-GUN people need to learn a few things!!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ANTI-GUN people need to learn a few things!!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #11
GY6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GY6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 72
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Preaching to the choir, my good man.
Oh I know...I just like to vent every now and then LOL=) it helps me calm down LOL
__________________
GY6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #12
GY6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GY6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 72
Default Muahahaha so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
Come on now...

If they were capable of learning, the wouldn't be anti-gun.

Your asking for them to get DNA they don't possess!
MUahahahahahahahahahha
__________________
GY6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:46 AM   #13
GY6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GY6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 72
Default oh yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steenkamp View Post
"Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty daughters kill people". Just saying!!
SO VERY TRUE!!!
__________________
GY6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #14
GY6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GY6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 72
Default 100%agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
In my opinion I do not think the anti gun people are really against guns. I think they are really scared and against people who can think fore themselves. I've noticed that me and all my buddies that are gun owners think totally different than liberal yuppies. We are problem solvers, more individualistic and are more informed about political issues.
Without a doubt! PREACH IT!
__________________
GY6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RJMercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 515
Liked 402 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Default

guns kill people......hmmm
pencils mispel werdz
cars cause drunk driving
spoons made rosie o'donnell fat
video cameras made michael moore an idiot
an unattended computer posted this response

__________________
RJMercer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
guns kill people......hmmm
pencils mispel werdz
cars cause drunk driving
spoons made rosie o'donnell fat
video cameras made michael moore an idiot
an unattended computer posted this response
pretty good RJ! BTW, my unattended computer responded to your response!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sputnik1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Bluegrass state
Posts: 2,877
Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
In my opinion I do not think the anti gun people are really against guns. I think they are really scared and against people who can think fore themselves. I've noticed that me and all my buddies that are gun owners think totally different than liberal yuppies. We are problem solvers, more individualistic and are more informed about political issues.
+1

I couldn't agree more, you never see a liberal gun enthusiast or a conservative anti gun activist. It goes a Lot deeper than the guns themselves
__________________
sputnik1988 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

I personally blame a pencil I had in high school for almost failing algebra. No matter how I studied that thing would put wrong answers a lot! I seen a lawyer in daytime TV that might take the case.

__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,945
Liked 7815 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9841

Default

Let me give you a new and different perspective on how to deal with these 'anti-gunners'.

As some of you may know, I spent most of my life being an 'anti-gunner'. I was afraid of guns and I thought they caused a lot of harm. About 3 years ago, I met someone who had a whole safe full of guns and guns throughout his house. I thought he was a nut and possibly a dangerous person. We met online and we talked on the phone for about a year before I flew out to meet him..........after paying for a background check. In the course of that year we discussed guns pretty regularly. He told me my car was more dangerous than a gun..........was I afraid of my car? Was I afraid to have large kitchen knives, etc. I slowly began to understand and when I went to Cali to meet him we went to a range and I was absolutely hooked. Shortly after returning home, I bought my GP100.

I am begging you all to not ridicule and belittle. Advocate your passion for guns with intelligent, kind, compassionate and understanding conversation. Use facts and comparisons to show the 'anti-gunner' that guns are not evil. I, as a past 'anti-gunner' just didn't know any better. I did not come from a family of hunters and my Dad did have a gun but it was never really talked about. In fact, I didn't know he had one until I was well into my teens.

If you are trying to convince someone that guns are not evil and you do it in a belittling way and acting like a jerk, you are only pushing that person further away from truly understanding guns. Nothing like owning something someone is afraid of and you come on condescending and know it all.........well, that only reinforces in the 'anti-gunners' head that guns just might be evil and people who own them are rude and arrogant.

I was fortunate to have met someone who spent a lot of time to patiently and logically talk about guns with me. With knowledge came understanding. With understanding came appreciation and the desire to get involved with guns. If he had come on overbearing or ridiculing how 'stupid I was' I would have been pushed further away.

When I talk to anyone about guns, I tell them how much I enjoy competing against myself for a great grouping at the center of the target. How it is a fun sport that I enjoy challenging myself. I try to compare it to golf. Golfers like to see how they can improve and get a lower score each time they go to the golf course. That's how I am about shooting. If you can compare it to something 'non-scary' like golf, you might get a message across. I offer to show a gun to someone who might not have really seen or held a gun. Some are interested and some absolutely refuse. Either way is okay with me. If I show a gun I show them how I check that it is empty before I hand it to them.

This is my take on it. Through kindness, compassion, understanding and considerate education, we can turn more people over to our way of thinking than ridiculing and belittling.

Come on, guys. Jump on my bandwagon. Educate those 'anti-gunners' so they will know better and understand...........just like I was.

Now, I'm off to find that next gun I've been thinking of buying...........

__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus

Last edited by winds-of-change; 03-10-2012 at 12:15 PM.
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

WOC, very well said and stated. you have some very valid points and your reasoning is sound as long as the person you try to convince with reason understands reason and can assimilate fact from fiction. there are some, no matter how reasonable and factual your argument is, they will never change their minds that guns are not evil, just the person using it. what your ideas will do is change those who are willing to listen to solid facts, and not myths and rumors about firearms. many "anit-gunners" are just people who have never had the opportunity to shoot one, or have been in environments where guns were not needed or used. some of these people, using the ideas you have set forth, could possibly change their viewpoints on firearms in general. some will never change their minds, because they lack the willingness to open their minds to rational thought and reasoning. they think guns are evil and the that they are the root of evil and believe that if guns were abolished, that evil would be abolished as well. some you will never change, that's just a fact, but we can do our part and teach those and show them the practical need for a firearm and the enjoyment from the shooting sports. you have stated some solid reasoning that i agree with and support 100%. again well said.

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Things you learn in a CCW class irpotential Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 109 11-04-2011 11:40 AM
For the anti and pro marijuana people. skullcrusher The Club House 30 10-20-2011 09:48 PM
Eleven Things You Won't Learn in School CA357 The Club House 3 08-01-2010 02:25 AM