Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Anti-gun celebrities

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Even if the legend isn't true, I don't know myself, that is a cool story.
The legend is probably Hollywood urban legend stuff, but Connors' bio is interesting anyway. Played pro baseball and basketball, where he was the first to break a glass backboard. The Rifleman was one of few American TV shows run the the Soviet Union. More here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Connors#The_Rifleman

Bill
"If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. Then my police state would force everybody back to work."
-Paul Harvey, 1964
Guns? What guns? Oh, I haven't seen those since I left my garage door open one night by mistake.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #62
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1540 Times on 941 Posts
Likes Given: 7834

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
The legend is probably Hollywood urban legend stuff, but Connors' bio is interesting anyway. Played pro baseball and basketball, where he was the first to break a glass backboard. The Rifleman was one of few American TV shows run the the Soviet Union. More here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Connors#The_Rifleman
I agree Bowserb, he was a hell of a man. Thanks for the link.

Just thought of 5 more,
James Hynemem
Adam Savage
Grant Imohara
Tory Belachi
Kari Byron

AKA The Mythbusters. In a behind the scenes episode Kari was asked about her feelings regarding guns. She said that she had no interest in shooting until she she started at M5. Since working there, she is addicted to it, and looks forward to the next gun related myth. Big change for a So Cal Vegitarian.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #63

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Funny man Buddy Hackett is a big time Colt collector.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #64

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

It hurts me baaaaad that Jennifer Connely is on the NRA list. I've had a major jones for her for a long time.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #65

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
It hurts me baaaaad that Jennifer Connely is on the NRA list. I've had a major jones for her for a long time.
Yeah... and I was sad to see Shania Twain top the anti list too... Maybe she (& Jennifer) need to find a down to Earth fella to take them out to the range and help them with their stances and forms... I'LL VOLUNTEER !!!!!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #66
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1540 Times on 941 Posts
Likes Given: 7834

Garret Hartley- Kicker, New Orleans Saints

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #67

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I wonder if the Jewish anti gun celebs realize that mindset is what put their grandparents in the concentration camps in the 40's. I would think the Jewish of all people would support personal gun ownership. Funny how some money and notoriety can make certain people forget.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I wonder if the Jewish anti gun celebs realize that mindset is what put their grandparents in the concentration camps in the 40's. I would think the Jewish of all people would support personal gun ownership. Funny how some money and notoriety can make certain people forget.
...What the ??? What has that got to do with anything we're discussing??? Me thinks you have some other issues in regards to the children of Abraham.... BTW; http://jpfo.org/ ..... and I'd pay cash to see you say that to my father in laws face!!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #69

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

When and where can we meet with you father in-law. Some one needs to ask this question. And this BS of shutting people up who disagree with you won't work here. I would only accept cash from you no checks please.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
When and where can we meet with you father in-law. Some one needs to ask this question. And this BS of shutting people up who disagree with you won't work here. I would only accept cash from you no checks please.
Careful there... I never said he couldn't say something!! I just offered a challange to his way of thinking. Speaking of a challange.... Did you bother to click the link????