Anti-Gun activist breaks Gun Free Zone Law - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Anti-Gun activist breaks Gun Free Zone Law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

He's like a lot of libs and bigshots and bigshot wannabe's - They think the general public should be disarmed, but they and their cronies should be exceptions and should be armed however they wish.
People Like This 
Old 02-27-2014, 05:06 AM   #112
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarChasm View Post
Really, I get it, and I've considered the same argument as I've been sussing out how I feel about this. I personally lean towards a more activist approach to gun rights advocacy, up to and including civil disobedience. I could envision an activist purposely pushing the limits of a law like GFZ just to draw some attention to the issue, other advocates rallying around him/her, and then a case like this coming up in the midst of the advocate's trial or other kind of disposition. I am just concerned about a kind of "schizophrenia" being perceived by the general public by gun owners about this issue, that's all.

But I do get it. Ferguson is a creep. It's hard not to focus on that fact. Doesn't really matter to me other than just academic discussion anyway. I'm in Alabama. Gun owners in Buffalo probably think less of my opinions than Cuomo's. I reckon that's how it's supposed to be too.

CzarChasm
If that were the case at hand, many here would have a different outlook on the situation. But, that's not what happened here.

ANTI-GUN Activist, who helped author a GFZ law, gets caught breaking that very law. The ONLY way this will be beneficial to Pro 2A groups/people is if he goes to trial and gets acquitted or possibly even charges being dropped altogether. Case law and precedent (as has been said before).

This guy and his supporters/friends will not waste a nanosecond wondering if they should come to support a Pro Gun activist in a similar situation - they wouldn't.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 02-27-2014, 05:08 AM   #113
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The Liberals have a long history of violating firearms laws. In January of 1986 the Anti-Gun Tyrant Robert Kennedy and two of his body guards were caught on Capital grounds. They were carrying concealed Sub-Machine guns and loads of ammo. This is an extreme violation of Federal regulations. RFK and his "Hoods" were allowed to go free. RFK and LBJ had completed the most stringent gun control law in history.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1986-01-15/news/0190180113_1_submachine-guns-bodyguard-uzi
Umm, RFK was assassinated in 1968 - this info is for Edward (Ted) Kennedy...

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 02-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #114

Liked 576 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Dwayne Ferguson had to turn in all his guns and avoid the school for now. Whether he actually turned in every single one of them we may never know.

Quote:
The judge did, however, order him to turn in all of his weapons and to stay away from the school until the case is resolved.
He probably won't make this mistake again. He won't carry on school grounds as everyone will be watching. Someone had the knowledge to call and report him and he didn't know someone knew - he was carrying concealed.

At least he is being mildly punished by a law he supported. He will have to leave his gun in his vehicle or at home - if/when he gets it back.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1392 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Dwayne Ferguson had to turn in all his guns and avoid the school for now. Whether he actually turned in every single one of them we may never know.

He probably won't make this mistake again. He won't carry on school grounds as everyone will be watching. Someone had the knowledge to call and report him and he didn't know someone knew - he was carrying concealed.

At least he is being mildly punished by a law he supported. He will have to leave his gun in his vehicle or at home - if/when he gets it back.
He is charged with a Felony. If these charges don't mysteriously disappear, he will not be able to own a firearm let alone carry one.

Last edited by mseric; 02-27-2014 at 01:57 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The MSM will suppress any news about the case. It will be "pending" and delayed long enough for the general public to forget about it, then the charges will quietly be dropped.
It it were you or me, we'd already be in jail.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #117

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

What i'm most interested in is the circumstances under which they found out there was a gun at the school. Someone calls, but they have no clue to who? Then the cops go to the school, looking for a gun, and the guy asks what they are there. If the cops response of "we're looking for a guy with a gun" wouldn't jog one's memory, I don't know what would. Now, I'd be very interested to know the exact circumstances under which the mysterious caller knew about the situation, and why they didn't finger him specifically from the start. The whole thing is very odd.

And, regarding EVERYBODY involved, to quote Forrest Gump; "Stupid is as stupid does."
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #118

Liked 561 Times on 379 Posts

If somebody did know he had a gun and called the police in advance that is awesome.
Giving him a taste of his own medicine

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America
People Like This 
Old 02-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I wonder if the whistle blower was somebody in his family, or some student who saw the gun, or maybe somebody who knew that he always carried while in the school. Maybe he did carry in the school every time he was there, and thought nobody would notice.
Probably Ferguson PO'd somebody, so they decided to "out" him.
People Like This 
Old 02-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #120

Liked 3409 Times on 1748 Posts
Likes Given: 5247

Does anybody know when he is set to appear in court, or any good source to keep track of this..?