Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Anti-Gun activist breaks Gun Free Zone Law (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/anti-gun-activist-breaks-gun-free-zone-law-103834/)

mseric 02-09-2014 05:00 PM

Anti-Gun activist breaks Gun Free Zone Law
 
Dwayne Ferguson a anti-gun activist and a proponent of the Safe Act showed up at school with a gun causing about an hour long "Lockdown".

Ferguson said he often carries a gun, but didn't realize he was still carrying when he entered school property.

His fellow anti-gun activists are claiming it was an honest mistake and he should not be charged with the two felony counts.

I wonder if the "I forgot" defense would work for a "Pro-Gun" activist that did the same thing?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/buffalo-public-schools/associates-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

Axxe55 02-09-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseric (Post 1502560)
Dwayne Ferguson a anti-gun activist and a proponent of the Safe Act showed up at school with a gun causing about an hour long "Lockdown".

Ferguson said he often carries a gun, but didn't realize he was still carrying when he entered school property.

His fellow anti-gun activists are claiming it was an honest mistake and he should not be charged with the two felony counts.

I wonder if the "I forgot" defense would work for a "Pro-Gun" activist that did the same thing?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/buffalo-public-schools/associates-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

i hope they make an example of his stupidity. what a contradiction. an anti-gun actvist and he carries a gun.:rolleyes:

QueenGlamis 02-09-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55 (Post 1502563)
i hope they make an example of his stupidity. what a contradiction. an anti-gun actvist and he carries a gun.:rolleyes:

The majority of them probably do, it's do as I say not as I do...

MisterMcCool 02-09-2014 05:12 PM

You should be aware of carrying a firearm.

SSGN_Doc 02-09-2014 05:19 PM

Many anti-gun activists insist on laws due to psycho social problems they have. They know that they are not responsible and not to be trusted. Therefore everyone else must be incapable of self control or individual responsibility, and require government intervention in order to be held to those standards.

wittmeba 02-09-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
You should be aware of carrying a firearm.

True. If you are not, why are you wearing it?

You hear all the time about holsters - "It's so comfortable I forget I'm wearing it" - but I believe this is a stretch. You may have comfort but as soon as you start moving around - especially when learning of a possible gunman on campus - I don't think you are not going to remember.

wittmeba 02-09-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1502580)
Many anti-gun activists insist on laws due to psycho social problems they have. They know that they are not responsible and not to be trusted. Therefore everyone else must be incapable of self control or individual responsibility, and require government intervention in order to be held to those standards.

or...I better get a gun because there are lots of others out there wearing them.

Ez2b 02-09-2014 06:27 PM

This makes perfect sense what a dummy

EZ

alsaqr 02-09-2014 06:30 PM

What goes around sometimes comes back around.

Axxe55 02-09-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 1502642)
What goes around sometimes comes back around.

i like that!:D the irony of an anti-gun activist getting caught with a gun in a Gun Free Zone!:eek:

almost poetic justice in a way!:p


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.