Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another win for the 2nd Amendment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

we got land and we have some jobs! Texas is probably a little better off than some other states. not perfect, but tolerable.
I just started looking for property in my Trulia app in the Dallas area. I found a place just north of Dallas with over 10 acres. Beautiful place. My wife already wants it....

Oh dear...

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 08-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #12

Liked 571 Times on 303 Posts

So what's a good city in Texas to move to? I hate my state and need to live in a state with balls and backbones F- Komifornia !

Old 08-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
Congrats guys. Good news for Texans. Meanwhile were getting steamrolled over here in Kali and can't do anything about it.

:'(
As bad a kalifornia sucks we can't just roll over and give gun grabbers what they want. As much as I would love to leave this horrible state and go to Texas or Arizona right now I just can't swing it. BUT THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO! If you haven't already contacted all your representatives you need to do so ASAP, let your voice be heard and tell them where you stand. The more pressure they feel the more likely they are to oppose the current bills. If you haven't ready joined the NRA you may want to do so, they seem to do a lot to help us out, and even send out emails with all the contact info on what representatives we need to call and what we need to tell them. (if your already a member you already know all of this, in witch case please disregard and hopefully someone who is not will see this)

The bills were facing here are scary, we NEED to defeat these! Am i the only one who is sick of being on the defense all the time in this state? Let's shut these bills down, and let's get on the offense for once. Any violation of our 2nd amendment rights needs to be overturned its our turn to put the pressure on them!!

Please anyone who is reading this and hasn't contacted your California state representatives but wants to please let me know, PM me a email address or something and I will forward every email with any contact info on them.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

For anyone who doesn't know this is what were fighting against in the "golden state"

Senate Bill 47 (Yee) would ban the use of a "bullet button" on semi-automatic rifles to comply with current law by classifying firearms with "bullet buttons" as "assault weapons" and banning their future sale or transfer. Continued legal possession would require that you REGISTER and pay a FEE (TAX) on ALL of your semi-autos with “bullet buttons.”

Senate Bill 53 (DeLeon) would require Californians to obtain a permit BEFORE purchasing ammunition, require a background check before every future ammunition purchase and require registration of ALL ammunition that you purchase.

Senate Bill 374 (Steinberg) would ban the future sale or transfer of and classify ALL semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine or holding more than ten rounds of ammunition as "assault weapons." Continued legal possession would require that you REGISTER and pay a FEE (TAX) on ALL your semi-autos newly classified as “assault weapons.”

Senate Bill 396 (Hancock) would ban the possession of ALL magazines over ten rounds, including the millions of "grandfathered" standard capacity magazines currently legally possessed by Californians.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #15
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5620 Times on 2781 Posts
Likes Given: 5981

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlanier9 View Post
As bad a kalifornia sucks we can't just roll over and give gun grabbers what they want. As much as I would love to leave this horrible state and go to Texas or Arizona right now I just can't swing it. BUT THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO! If you haven't already contacted all your representatives you need to do so ASAP, let your voice be heard and tell them where you stand. The more pressure they feel the more likely they are to oppose the current bills. If you haven't ready joined the NRA you may want to do so, they seem to do a lot to help us out, and even send out emails with all the contact info on what representatives we need to call and what we need to tell them. (if your already a member you already know all of this, in witch case please disregard and hopefully someone who is not will see this)

The bills were facing here are scary, we NEED to defeat these! Am i the only one who is sick of being on the defense all the time in this state? Let's shut these bills down, and let's get on the offense for once. Any violation of our 2nd amendment rights needs to be overturned its our turn to put the pressure on them!!

Please anyone who is reading this and hasn't contacted your California state representatives but wants to please let me know, PM me a email address or something and I will forward every email with any contact info on them.
I cant move to Texas, I dont do heat or poisonous snakes well but I do like the Texas mindset, seems pretty solid and Constitutional!

We have the same battle in NY as Kali! Many patriots have left but most of us are here and were still fighting, were not giving up our state to Libturds. After too many years of getting stupid form letter replies, Ive given up on writing my representatives; they will not listen to letters, only votes or the lack of them. Besides, those letters only get attention from Bob the Fed data collection services!

Keep the faith Noah and keep fighting!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I cant move to Texas, I dont do heat or venomous snakes well but I do like the Texas mindset, seems pretty solid and Constitutional! fixed that for you...

We have the same battle in NY as Kali! Many patriots have left but most of us are here and were still fighting, were not giving up our state to Libturds. After too many years of getting stupid form letter replies, Ive given up on writing my representatives; they will not listen to letters, only votes or the lack of them. Besides, those letters only get attention from Bob the Fed data collection services!

Keep the faith Noah and keep fighting!
I have the same feelings in regards to moving to Texas, plus, I don't like sand (we do have our fair share of venomous snakes, though).

With the BS in Kali and NY, I find it funny that people think the gun laws here in MA are strict. They really aren't - but they are confusing as all hell.

The "strict" doesn't actually come from gun laws... just an FYI.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Thank God for Texas.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #18

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Congrats guys. Good news for Texans. Meanwhile were getting steamrolled over here in Kali and can't do anything about it.
:'(
Unfortunate. Has anything affected you personally or directly from their actions?

I was raised in SFV and after several trips home I always thought Ca would be one place I would want to have a CHP.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 08-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
I have the same feelings in regards to moving to Texas, plus, I don't like sand (we do have our fair share of venomous snakes, though).

With the BS in Kali and NY, I find it funny that people think the gun laws here in MA are strict. They really aren't - but they are confusing as all hell.

The "strict" doesn't actually come from gun laws... just an FYI.
Sand? What sand? There's some sand in the desert, but it's mixed in with a lot of very rocky dirt.

Here's what North and East Texas (where I call home) looks like.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-29-2013 at 06:39 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba
Unfortunate. Has anything affected you personally or directly from their actions?

I was raised in SFV and after several trips home I always thought Ca would be one place I would want to have a CHP.
Well lets see. I have a CCW permit from NC that isn't valid here. I was going to get my permit here a few months ago but I couldn't get an interview until December in my local area. I knew I was going to be gone from here by December. So right now I can't carry a handgun for defense. It hasn't affected me personally yet, but my house is only about 20 minutes away from a heavily gang infested area so I don't exactly feel safe.

I only have a 12 round magazine for my M&P9c so I can't use that magazine in home defense because if I do I'll turn into an automatic criminal immediately as a result. I'm sure I'd be crucified in court too. We do have 10 round magazines for the full sized M&P which I keep loaded up, but that 12 rounder is worthless except at a range.

Because of the new laws coming out I won't be able to buy an AR like I was hoping.

The new laws will technically classify my Ruger 10-22 as an "assault weapon" which means it will have to be registered.

Before we bought our M&Ps and our revolver, we have two other handguns. Those would have been our primary home defense options had anything bad happened. The problem is I never registered them here when I moved here. So once again if I would have had to defend myself I would have become an instant criminal.

The home defense laws are so convoluted that I am honestly scared to have to defend my home. I mean, pulling the trigger would scare the sh*t out of me. Not because of what I was doing right then, but because I know it would spell the end of me with all these laws. I am pretty much up-to-speed on the laws, but they are way too confusing and I feel in the heat of the moment I might do something wrong.

So directly, I guess I haven't been affected as much as other people. For example I've never been (nor has my family) in a situation where a gun would be needed for defense. But indirectly, yes I've been affected. Most psychological. I honestly feel less safe because of these laws.

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This