another shooting! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > another shooting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem_ View Post
Maybe if every citizen carried for the lawful purpose of self defense, incidents like this will certainly be avoided. Get rid of gun free zones.

Last edited by Rarity; 08-14-2012 at 12:25 AM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #12

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem_ View Post
no it's not, it's always been this way I remember the news stories that came out of the Bronx in the 70's and early 80's ... the place was practically an active war zone, where entire Police Precincts wouldn't dare go after dark.

Bad shit happens every day, sometimes to good people. That's life, enjoy it the best you can and appreciate what you have

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #13

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
Maybe if every citizen carried for the lawful purpose of self defense, incidents like this will certainly be avoided. Get rid of gun free zones.
Thoes signs are welcoming the armed thugs.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #14

Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
They're still rewriting all of that. As soon as the Microsoft Word PaperClip guy is finished spellchecking, it'll be passed onto your local TV network.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #15

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

I remember signing into my AOL and the news coverage said "On Campus" is this really true? If it is, then why were people saying it wasn't?

Get rid of gun free zones, notify every citizen to legally conceal carry, and this wont happen at all. You can blame the stupid politics for this. Liberals/anti gunners can go back to their stinkin caves. They are the ones who want gun free zones everywhere.. IDIOTS.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #16

No, this did not happen on campus, this is in no way related to Texas A&M University except that it happened close to campus. That and the media, for some stupid reason, is mentioning Texas A&M in their coverage. The shooting happened at the gunmans private home, not a gun free zone. He was not a student here. The Constable that was killed was serving eviction papers when the gunman opened fire. One bystander was killed, along with the gunman. Several others were shot and survived, including 2 other police officers.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #17

Likes Given: 246

Seriously? Not only did an Officer not get to go home to his family, but an innocent bystander too? That slimy bastard needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Guns aren't to blame for this monstrosity. It's the person who pulled the trigger. As with every other gun related crime.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 08-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

http://www.ktre.com/story/19264793/several-reportedly-shot-near-texas-am-campus

This is the most complete write up I have seen on it. Who would have guessed my home town TV station has it.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #19

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinTexasAggie View Post
No, this did not happen on campus, this is in no way related to Texas A&M University except that it happened close to campus. That and the media, for some stupid reason, is mentioning Texas A&M in their coverage. The shooting happened at the gunmans private home, not a gun free zone. He was not a student here. The Constable that was killed was serving eviction papers when the gunman opened fire. One bystander was killed, along with the gunman. Several others were shot and survived, including 2 other police officers.
I'm not disagreeing with you, yet. I am still trying to find out more about this situation, but the fact that Campus police arrived, and not city, county, or state, is suggesting to me this is a campus matter.

If their campus police are anything like the U of I police, then it would make sense...U of I police trump even state police in Jurisdiction in any matter that is considered University business.

Ie: If it takes place on their turf, they handle the situation.

Edit to add: I'm still looking to confirm this, but according to Federal law, no firearm is permitted within 1,000 feet of school property. This happened 2 blocks from school property...if the average "block" is about 350 feet...i'd say this is a gun free zone.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-15-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Campus police didn't respond to the scene, but they reacted. They were a couple of blocks away and stayed on campus. College Station Police (the name of the city is College Station) responded.

I know it is a little confusing, this is Texas.