Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle" - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
And the anti-gunners will spin this to say that if people were not allowed to legally own guns then there would be nobody for the bad guys to steal them from.

Of course if he stole it from the police then they will have to take a different spin.
Says he stole it from someone he knew. I guess that could still be a LEO so we'll have to wait & see.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #72

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Great freakin post Tack...and funny you say that opening line because Ive already fielded 2 gun related questions about this incident over the last 24 hours....both stemming back to the notion of why Americans deserve to own these assault weapons? Ive responded similarly, but I like your response

Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #73
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Lets keep these ideas coming. I have not yet had to field any questions, but only because I have isolated myself--- just kidding. I have not been to town until now, I am at my mothers and anticipate that it will come up. The suggestions that Tack has presented are good ones considering the circumstances.

It would be helpful to know more about the person from whom the shooter stole the AR. Don't want to speculate on these things.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #74
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Being a stolen firearm doesnt fit the liberal mantra. Might be why there is a news blackout on it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #75

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Anybody know if this mall was a "gun free zone"? Just wondering.

Never mind I saw it, guess the shooter didn't care about laws...huh imagine that. Rolleyes

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 12-12-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #76
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1352 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 3412

Of course it does not fit their mantra. Being a stolen weapon takes it out of the Lawfully Owned weapons being used for crimes and puts in the Illegal Weapons column, which supports our cause.

The Anit-Gunners are not going to stop fussing about our weapons until the Sun goes nova or Jesus comes back. Which ever comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Being a stolen firearm doesnt fit the liberal mantra. Might be why there is a news blackout on it.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #77

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Lets keep these ideas coming. I have not yet had to field any questions, but only because I have isolated myself--- just kidding. I have not been to town until now, I am at my mothers and anticipate that it will come up. The suggestions that Tack has presented are good ones considering the circumstances.

It would be helpful to know more about the person from whom the shooter stole the AR. Don't want to speculate on these things.
Info on the shooter is always good but when arguing with idiots we must never allow the conversation to be about the individual shooter or the specific gun.

The winning argument is better made by letting the other side agree with you on how ineffective and incompetent government is in everthing it attempts to do...then following up with one simple question...which is..."so tell me, why do you think that bureaucrats would be any more effective at banning guns?"

Tack
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #78

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

After the Aurora massacre I decided to put that extra 13 round magazine in my pocket rather than leaving it stashed in my truck! Just sayin'!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #79

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop View Post
After the Aurora massacre I decided to put that extra 13 round magazine in my pocket rather than leaving it stashed in my truck! Just sayin'!
Bingo...

...and I was glad to hear that initial reports of body armor were inaccurate. Guy was wearing a load bearing vest.

Two body armored bad guys in less than 6 months would have had me considering an AR pistol slung underarm as my new EDC.

Tack

Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #80
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

I was pleased to hear twice on a news reports on the radio the Sheriff made it perfectly clear that a) the rifle was stolen from somebody the shooter knew and b) he was not wearing body armor, it was a load bearing vest.