Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4421 Times on 2144 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

Agent H...your not off base. I've held OR and WA CCW's for 17 years with no issues.

While Multnomah County "City of Portland" is the LIBTARD Capitol of the PNW, the rest of Oregon is very gun friendly and Clackams County "where this took place" has never been a place where guns are vilified.

Had it taken place within Porrtland City Limits, the out going Mayor, Sam Adams...or as we call him... The pedophile in chief...would most certainly be on the air showing all of us exactly how far one person can shove there own head up there arse.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_H View Post
Here is my understanding of the law.

Oregon allows open loaded carry everywhere in the state the law allows with the exception on the afore mentioned cities.

Portland has ordinances in place that restrict your carry but only as far as they can.
Open carry is usurped by this ordinance. They don't allow open carry. Loaded or unloaded is my understanding. I am not sure of the difference in penalty if you try to open carry with a license as opposed to exercising your right as you would in the rest of the state.
Not familiar with the magazine portion.
Valid CHL holders may conceal carry loaded weapons legally.

So, no chl no open carry or loaded firearm in possession in portland. Have license? Concealed? Not an issue. They don't want to see your gun but they can't altogether not allow it with a license.

If I am off-base here please let me know.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Very sad!

I hope we get some good "idiot control" laws out of this; the gun was just along for the ride.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

rustyruger Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #63
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1684 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

What gets me is the lame stream media would be covering this event. I pulled up Fox, CNN, HLN, MSN, etc.; it is like an article buried in Section A of the Sunday newspaper.

A link from infowars of a twitter posting:

This picture was retweeted by the Oregonian this evening. They say it is a picture of “police patrolling the parking lot” so the picture looked weird to me. I zoomed in and as far as I can tell those are soldiers. They have the digital ACU pattern, helmets, rifles, and some even look to be wearing body armor. I was in the Oregon national guard and did a tour in Iraq so I’m pretty familiar with the get up. The only thing different is the helmets. No digital ACU covering. I also could not tell of any of them had unit patches on their left shoulders. My resolution is not good enough.

Update: Foxnews is running a news conference that the suspect stole the AR15, he did not have bullet proof vest; but, load bearing vest. They said he had a number of fully loaded mags. The shooter was 22 years old from the news.

No link more news conference only

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 12-12-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #64

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Does it really matter if the military is called in anymore? I mean, the whole thing has been circumvented now that the police are the military...

Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #65
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1684 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Does it really matter if the military is called in anymore? I mean, the whole thing has been circumvented now that the police are the military...
At this point it is moot. The one question is what provoke the suspect to do this is one that the police are looking into.

From the blaze, that was a police tactical team.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-7-most-chilling-pics-and-video-from-the-oregon-mall-shooting/

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 12-13-2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Corrected for bad grammar - Not enough coffee this morning

Old 12-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #66

First off, if you tell the media a gun was an AR15, they are just as likely to post a picture of an AK as an AR...

This mall is in my backyard but for all I know, that could be a stock photo of a Sears in Lousianna durring Katrina?

We do know that the CC Sherrif stated 4 SWAT teams and a total of 100 officers responded to the call and cleared a building that exceeds 1.4 Million Square Feet.

We also know that Mall Owners had excellent protocol's in place. They had planned for this and required all tenants to train there employees. Several customers reported that all of the smaller shops that lack exterior egress immediately lowered and locked there security grills and herded/hid themselves in the rear of the stores.

Not really necessary as it turn out. Shooter pops of 20 to 60 rounds in the food court then caps himself...but refreshing to know that had ^^THIS^^ taken place last Sunday when my Wife and Daughter were shopping...well, at lease the property owners had a plan.

Silver Lining is that this has shaken my wife and she's now considering CCW.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
What gets me is the lame stream media would be covering this event. I pulled up Fox, CNN, HLN, MSN, etc.; it is like an article buried in Section A of the Sunday newspaper.

A link from infowars of a twitter posting:

This picture was retweeted by the Oregonian this evening. They say it is a picture of “police patrolling the parking lot” so the picture looked weird to me. I zoomed in and as far as I can tell those are soldiers. They have the digital ACU pattern, helmets, rifles, and some even look to be wearing body armor. I was in the Oregon national guard and did a tour in Iraq so I’m pretty familiar with the get up. The only thing different is the helmets. No digital ACU covering. I also could not tell of any of them had unit patches on their left shoulders. My resolution is not good enough.

Update: Foxnews is running a news conference that the suspect stole the AR15, he did not have bullet proof vest; but, load bearing vest. They said he had a number of fully loaded mags. The shooter was 22 years old from the news.

No link more news conference only
Old 12-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #67

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

They are saying the rifle he used was stolen.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-ore-mall-shooter-used-stolen-rifle-181931596.html

Old 12-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #68
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South View Post
And the anti-gunners will spin this to say that if people were not allowed to legally own guns then there would be nobody for the bad guys to steal them from.

Of course if he stole it from the police then they will have to take a different spin.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #69

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
And the anti-gunners will spin this to say that if people were not allowed to legally own guns then there would be nobody for the bad guys to steal them from.

Of course if he stole it from the police then they will have to take a different spin.
Bingo, get prepared to play some heavy defense fellas.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Bingo, get prepared to play some heavy defense fellas.
I have found that the best deffense is a good offense.

Inevetibaly...someone we all know...sees an event like this and approaches us, "because they know were gun guys" and asks if it's really necessary to own these types of weapons.

Even my wife, last night, asked me, before we'd heard it was stolen, if perhaps stopping easy access could have prevented this...or at least not allowed him to be "so well armed".

I asked her how long drugs had been illegal and if she though that any form of prohibition worked. We discussed drugs prohibition, Alchohol prohibition, even the tax evasion cries from our own State Capitol regarding tobacco taxes and how the $1 per pack increase passed a hear ago has reduced revenue by 7 million because folks are simply crossing state lines or going to the nearest Indian Reservation.
She always was able to see the light but was shook up and needed a logical reminder of why only fools accept a fools promise.

Winning the argument is really as simple as reminding those around us of the countless examples of our Governments complete inability to find it's own ass, with both hands, in a well lit room. Some very easy examples are:

Alchohol Prohibition...backfired with higher costs, corruption, death
Drug Prohibiton...backfired with higher costs, corruption, death
Immigration...backfired with higher costs, corruption, death
US Post Office...backfire with higher cost, poorer service, and oh yes...even death.

Our elected leaders have supposedly been grappling with the issue above for some 60 hears or so...and the only intelligent decision to date has been the repeal of prohibition.

Lesson...the only solution is les government action...not more.

Lastly...what kind of a fool would one need to be to review the history of drug or alcohol prohibition and believe the our Government could do a better job of controlling crazy people with guns?