Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle" - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

I don't get what you mean.
Before 911 people where talking abiut gas prices and iraq having oil....towers fall, Iraq, Iran, and others were invaded. I bet before that day not many could tell ya what an insertion was or who thr Taliban where.

The gov doesnt like out firearms and have mentioned awb's and figured theyre a few attacks away.

I get what this guy is saying ive felt that way too. It makes sense. The gov gets ahold of nobodys and get them to do this for theyre agenda of dissarmorment.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

I think some malls dont allow cc, when taking the cc they tell us no carry in emotional places aka movie theater. Alot of malls have theaters and dont allow cc. I thought of this, i have a permit but dont carry cause all i own is a 1911 and thats too big to cc. Wish texas had open carry
In my state, the only place you can't carry are government owned buildings. Any privately owned property can be legally carried on. The owner can ask you to leave but you are not breaking the law by carrying.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #43

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Or it could be the same. It is quite simple to obtain a permit in some counties here in CA, but virtually impossible in others (such as Santa Clara County where I reside) unless you are wealthy and politically connected. The thing is that the permit is valid statewide regardless of which county it is issued in. This is true of Oregon as well.
Oregon. Pretty gun friendly for the most part. I live in Portland and legally carry. The clackamas mall is right near the sheriff complex where you apply for your permit if you are in Clackamas County. There is a range there. Portland and other cities have a ban on open carry. Whole different can of worms. Only concealed carry with chl. If I carry openly I will draw enough attention to have calls be placed.

Outlying areas and east- no issues in my experience.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #44

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
OK, so with that in mind, if you were carrying (I think it would have to be illegally since carrying a loaded firearm in Portland is prohibited according to Wiki) and had the opportunity to take this guy out, how would you go about this?

I am thinking cap the SOB and then re-conceal your sidearm (making sure to pick up your brass as well) and exit with all of the other people acting like nothing happened. Say nothing and move along with the crowd. There is every likelihood that you would be caught on camera, but maybe change your shirt or take off/put on a hat to evade detection? I guess it would be a crime to do that, but if you put a stop to the carnage and all what would be the outcome?

Imagine the same scenario in that Aurora theater. You have entered the building illegally (meaning carrying concealed in violation of the posted signs) and then (hypothetically) shot and killed the bad guy before he killed as many people as he would have had you not intervened. Then what? Do you confess to the police? What would happen to you then? Would you be charged and possibly be jailed?

In another unrelated scenario, a person commits a crime by entering the country illegally, he stops a crime in progress. Does he get deported now that he was discovered? Or should he let the crime in progress continue so that he will not be detected and deported?
Good food for thought! I prefer 'real guns' ie 'wheel guns' so picking up my brass, would be a non-issue......hee....heee.

This country is a nation of laws and if someone did come to the rescue, CCW holder or not, and "cap" this crud and was apprehended and tried I don't think any sane person sitting on the jury would put this "hero" away. All there need be is one hold out and the "hero" walks. This is why serving on a jury is more important now than ever in the history of this nation. Laws are made according to how jurys rule. Two acquitted cases like this and it would be very difficult to ever have a case brought up again against a 'hero'. If the "hero" did walk in this case the precedent would then be set for future incidents like this. IF the ''HERO" got convicted then that precedent would be set. In that situation we all may as well go down to the local scrap yard and turn our weapons in then on the way home stop by a tatoo shop and have "I'M UNARMED-PLEASE DON'T SHOOT" put on our forehead. Heck, on second thought we don't need guns anyhoo....all we need to do is just dial 911.....

Last edited by rustyruger; 12-17-2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: punctuation

Old 12-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think americans should have the right to defend themselves in a public place. There are many wackos but if someone were to get out of line then the issue could be taken care of. I am sorry for the losses that were caused but I am greatfull that he was a horrible shooter. When I was 12 I had wandered off in a mall by myself and a gang fight broke out on the level above me... Two rounds were fired and I was traumatized it took me a while to find my parents in the crowds. Since then I can't stand malls I generally dont like places with a large amount of people around.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #46
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_H View Post
Oregon. Pretty gun friendly for the most part. I live in Portland and legally carry. The clackamas mall is right near the sheriff complex where you apply for your permit if you are in Clackamas County. There is a range there. Portland and other cities have a ban on open carry. Whole different can of worms. Only concealed carry with chl. If I carry openly I will draw enough attention to have calls be placed.

Outlying areas and east- no issues in my experience.
So the ban on carrying loaded firearms in Portland is only for open carry and does not apply to legal concealed carry? I think its important that this be defined here.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #47

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Here is my understanding of the law.

Oregon allows open loaded carry everywhere in the state the law allows with the exception on the afore mentioned cities.

Portland has ordinances in place that restrict your carry but only as far as they can.
Open carry is usurped by this ordinance. They don't allow open carry. Loaded or unloaded is my understanding. I am not sure of the difference in penalty if you try to open carry with a license as opposed to exercising your right as you would in the rest of the state.
Not familiar with the magazine portion.
Valid CHL holders may conceal carry loaded weapons legally.

So, no chl no open carry or loaded firearm in possession in portland. Have license? Concealed? Not an issue. They don't want to see your gun but they can't altogether not allow it with a license.

If I am off-base here please let me know.

Last edited by Agent_H; 12-12-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #48

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

My wife and our 17 year old daughter were in this mall on Sunday while I was home with the younger children. My 17 year old was supposed to go back today after school but her Grandma ride fell through...Thank God.

I do not know if this mall is posted? Spent ALOT of time there as a kid but it's been many years since I've needed to go back.

We just finished discussing it at the dinner table. Holliday shopping without ME present will not be happening again.

Tack
Radio said it is indeed a gun free zone.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #49

Liked 4526 Times on 2253 Posts
Likes Given: 1018

So then the media is lying and this shooting never took place.
How could it, it was a gun free zone...

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

rustyruger Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #50

Liked 79 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Default Another Idiot Going Off the deep end ....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/12/reports-gunfire-at-oregon-mall/

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P238
CZ P01 SDP, CZ 75-PCR
Glock 19
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Walther PPS